No gaming monitor is perfect for everyone. The best gaming monitor for you depends on your requirements, from the equipment you are going to use to even the specific games you are going to play. The best gaming monitors have a fast response time that involves minimum blur in motion, as well as extremely low input lag to ensure that every main click matches what’s happening on the monitor.
New gaming technologies have developed in recent years that have dramatically changed our way of playing. FreeSync from AMD and G-SYNC from NVIDIA deliver a fast response time and very good motion handling. There are so many versions with such a large range of features out there that it may be hard to choose from.
Here are our recommendations for the best gaming monitors for various needs and budgets. Since there are so many choices, we decided to produce a list of the best gaming monitors that you can get right now. No matter what your needs are, there is something that’s going to fit them.
See also: Best 4k Laptops
10 Best Gaming Monitors – Reviews
1. ASUS TUF VG27AQ
The ASUS TUF VG27AQ is the best gaming monitor we’ve reviewed so far on FreeSync. At 27 inches due to its fast refresh rate and low response time, the 1440p resolution provides a clear picture with excellent motion handling. The FreeSync variable refresh rate feature provides an almost tear-free gaming experience and also fits well with NVIDIA graphics cards.
ASUS’s largely maintained the same design as its other gaming monitors, which is great because its stand is truly outstanding. It’s clean and simple, with amazing ergonomics that allow for all sorts of adjustments, including rotation into portrait mode and VESA mounting capability. When you can’t achieve a good viewing location, the IPS panel’s large viewing angles support.
Unfortunately, this type of panel is also prone to poor contrast ratio and black uniformity, making a suggestion for use in a dark room more complicated. On this display, HDR is supported; however, the poor peak brightness and lack of large color gamut prevent it from being an impactful addition.
If you’re looking for the best gaming monitor with tons of features, this is the one.
See also: Best high rated 4k projectors
- Excellent ergonomics.
- Remarkably low response time.
- Outstanding low input lag.
- Can’t display deep blacks in a dark room.
- Lacks a wide color gamut.
2. LG 27GL850
The motion handling on the ASUS TUF VG27AQ is already impressive, so it’s hard to imagine it could get any better, but the LG 27GL850-B proves it can be. This 27 inch gaming monitor has one of the best response times that we have ever reviewed-even better than many 240Hz monitors. The result is amazingly smooth, clear motion, with almost no noticeable blur behind objects that move fast.
As with most IPS displays, the efficiency of the darkroom is low, with the contrast ratio and black uniformity being worse than normal. If you play in a bright room, though, you shouldn’t have any problems like peak brightness is good and reflection handling is decent.
The LG 27GL850 is a great monitor for almost every use. It is an excellent gaming monitor with excellent motion and extremely low input lag. It has wide viewing angles, strong peak brightness, and decent handling of reflection, perfect for office use or watching videos with a couple of friends. This offers a decent gaming experience with HDR but is limited by its low native contrast and poor black uniformity.
Overall, the ASUS is the best choice for most people, but If you want even better motion handling, LG is a great choice.
- Outstanding motion handling.
- Great accuracy out of the box.
- Excellent low input lag.
- Disappointing contrast and bad black uniformity
3. ASUS ROG Swift PG279QZ Monitor Review
The ASUS PG279QZ is a very good 144Hz gaming monitor with an IPS 1440p panel and a decent quality of the picture. This can’t reach very high brightness levels so it’s suitable to a normally bright room.
It has a poor contrast ratio that does not allow deep blacks to be viewed in a dark room, but the viewing angles are decent so that the sides of the panel appear accurate when looking from close up. It has excellent motion handling with a very fast pixel response time, an extremely low input lag and supports G-SYNC. All these features constitute an excellent gaming monitor.
This is a very good Multi Usage Monitor. It has the excellent build quality and decent size that helps you to show more detail on your display regardless of whether you use it for entertainment or work. The low input lag the functionality of the G-SYNC and the excellent response time make this a great companion for the serious players.
- Excellent gaming features.
- Excellent motion handling.
- The image remains accurate when viewed at an angle.
- Blacks look gray in a dark room.
- No HDR support.
4. Dell S2716DG monitor review
If the ASUS ROG Swift PG279QZ is too expensive, look instead for the Dell S2716DGR / S2716DG. This 27 inch, 1440p monitor is nearly as good for gaming as the ASUS, but is much less versatile because it has poor viewing angles and worse uniformity.
It does have an exceptional response time for gaming, however, resulting in exceptionally clear motion with almost no noticeable blur behind fast-moving objects.
Its customizable stand, decent brightness and great gaming abilities can make use of it quite enjoyable. However, it is less useful in an office or for watching movies due to its narrow viewing angle and poor overall image quality.
Overall, the ASUS is the best G-SYNC gaming monitor, but if you want something cheaper and don’t need the versatility, the Dell is a better choice and is almost as good for gaming.
- G-Sync support
- Fast 144 Hz refresh rate
- Blacks are cloudy
- Picture quality deteriorates when viewed at an angle
5. LG 34GK950F-B Monitor Review
The best ultrawide gaming monitor we’ve reviewed so far is the LG 34GK950F-B. With its 1440p resolution and 21:9 aspect ratio, it promises incredible depth, but without the distracting curved screens of a multi-monitor system.
The curved IPS panel provides great viewing angles, and the decent peak brightness of the monitor and impressive handling of reflections make it a good choice for those in a bright room. We can’t say the same about darkroom performance though, as the contrast ratio is disappointing and black uniformity is quite poor, resulting in blacks looking more like gray.
Overall, the LG 34GK950F-B is a very good monitor and provides a great gaming experience. It has an excellent response time and an optional placement mode for black frames that can further enhance the visibility of motion. Even when connected to a new NVIDIA graphics card, this display supports AMD’s FreeSync variable refresh rate technology and it has an incredibly low input lag.
This has decent picture quality, very fine SDR peak brightness and excellent handling of reflections. This monitor supports HDR but for a full HDR movie experience, it is not bright enough. Unfortunately, it does not look as good in a dark room as most IPS TVs.
- Excellent response time.
- Excellent low input lag
- Outstanding gradient handling.
- Bad black uniformity.
6. Samsung C49RG9/CRG9 Monitor Review
The Samsung CRG9 is a decent ultra-wide display with an impressive amount of multitasking screen real estate. It has excellent peak brightness, even with HDR material, and it has fantastic handling of the mirror, making it a good option for a bright room.
The CRG9 is also a great choice for PC gaming because it has exceptional movement handling, excellent low input lag and supports FreeSync. Unfortunately, as with most VA monitors, the image degrades when viewed at an angle, and it has somewhat limited ergonomics due to the size of the monitor.
The Samsung CRG9 is generally a good monitor for most uses. This provides a great gaming experience with superb low input lag and exceptional handling of motion, even in HDR. The large, high-resolution screen is excellent for multitasking, for office use or media creation. Unfortunately, the image degrades at an angle, and it has limited ergonomics due to the large size of the display.
- Excellent peak brightness.
- Outstanding screen real estate for multitasking.
- Image degrades when viewed at an angle.
- Limited ergonomics due to the monitor’s size.
7. ViewSonic XG2402 Monitor Review
The ViewSonic XG2402 is a good TN Display. Because of the fast refresh rate of 144 Hz and FreeSync VRR support, it is especially well equipped as a gaming display. Due to the extraordinarily fast response time, it has outstanding motion control, and there is almost no motion blur.
However, due to the inaccurate native contrast and poor black uniformity, it is not as well fit for a dark room and it has bad viewing angles, so it is best suited for watching directly from the front.
Due to the fast response time, strong refresh rate, and FreeSync support, it is particularly well suited as a gaming display. It has a good stand and good ergonomics so that it can be easily adjusted to a better viewing position. Unfortunately, it has poor dark room performance and disappointing viewing angles.
- Great gaming performance, with FreeSync support and a 144 Hz refresh rate
- Excellent fast response time with low motion blur
- Poor dark room performance
- Disappointing viewing angles
8. Acer Nitro XV273X Monitor Review
The Acer Nitro XV273X has impressive performance and is a versatile 1080p display. It is the first IPS monitor with a refresh rate of 240Hz. It supports FreeSync refresh rate variable technology and is compatible with G-SYNC, delivering a smooth, almost tear-free gaming experience.
It has a good quality of build, as well as outstanding color accuracy out of the box. Like most IPS screens, it offers good viewing angles but at the cost of a poor contrast ratio, which is less ideal for viewing dark rooms. Each display is part of the gaming device line XV3, which comprises four other models with different sizes, resolutions, and refresh rates.
- High refresh rate.
- Excellent color accuracy out of the box.
- Outstanding motion handling.
- Low input lag.
- Lack of wide color gamut support.
- 1080p resolution.
9. BenQ Zowie XL2540 Monitor Review
The BenQ Zowie XL2540 is a 240Hz gaming monitor with a full-featured TN panel. Because of the high refresh rate and exceptionally low input lag, it is incredibly responsive, and also has the capacity to flicker the backlight to clear motion. It supports FreeSync which allows the refresh rate to adjust to the game. However, the picture quality is below average, and the edges of the screen lose accuracy due to the narrow viewing angle.
Average monitor for office use. The monitor feels very responsive due to the low response time and input lag, but the picture quality is below average. There also isn’t a lot of screen real estate for multitasking due to the low native resolution.
- Incredibly responsive due to 240Hz refresh rate
- Input lag is extremely low
- Sub-par picture quality
- Poor viewing angle
10. MSI Full HD Non-Glare Gaming Monitor
MSI Full HD Non-Glare Gaming Monitor is a decent 27 inch gaming monitor with deep blacks and excellent gaming features. It has an outstanding low input lag, excellent response time and supports FreeSync, even when connected to a recent NVIDIA graphics card.
This monitor has a great design, an adjustable stand, and outstanding build quality, and it has a great RGB lighting system. Unfortunately, as with most VA displays, when displayed at an angle, the image washes out easily and it has poor accuracy out of the box.
- Great gaming features, including low input lag and FreeSync support.
- Great design and an excellent RGB lighting system.
- Image degrades when viewed at an angle.
- Disappointing accuracy out of the box.
Our recommendations are what we think are the best PC gaming monitors currently available. These are the best gaming monitor to buy in every price range for you. I would recommend you to read the reviews of each and every model I have suggested. We have analyzed the features and functions of each product and reviewed our best for the buyers.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon:
- Unmatched Immersion: Get your head in the game with Odyssey’s 1000R panel, which matches the curvature of the human eye for maximum immersion...
- Stunning WQHD: Your gaming world, now astoundingly lifelike. Packing in 1.7 times the pixel density of Full HD, WQHD resolution boasts incredibly...
- Express 144hz Refresh Rate: More than double your potential frame production, with the Odyssey G5; With a 144hz super smooth refresh rate,...
- Lightning Fast 1ms Response Times: A fraction of a second can be the difference between your destruction or your enemy’s; With Odyssey’s grey...
- AMD FreeSync Premium: Adaptive sync technology which reduces screen tearing, stutter, and input latency; Low framerate compensation ensures every...
- 27” full HD (1920x1080) IPS display
- 1ms response time and 240Hz refresh rate
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible
- HDR 10 Compatible
- 3-Side virtually borderless design
- SEAMLESS SPPED: This curved gaming monitor contains a 144Hz refresh rate combined with a 1ms (MPRT) response time to eliminate motion blur and...
- TEAR-FREE, STUTTER-FREE GAMING: Nvidia G-SYNC Compatible Certification and AMD FreeSync Premium technology minimizes graphic distortions like...
- STAND AND DELIVER: Perfectly positioned: The height- and tilt-adjustability lets you game in comfort for extended periods
- IMMERSIVE ACTION: The 1500R curved monitor screen creates a more realistic field of vision for an incredibly immersive viewing experience
- GAMING-CENTRIC TOOLS: Easily navigate and manage the on-screen display (OSD) menus with new joystick and shortcut buttons located on the back of...
- 27" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen IPS Zero Frame Monitor with AMD Radeon FreeSync Technology
- Refresh Rate: 144Hz (OverClocking to 165Hz Using Display Port)
- Response Time: 2ms (G to G) - Up to 0.1ms (G to G)
- 2 speakers, 2 watts per speaker
- Ports: 1 x Display Port, 2 x HDMI 2.0 Ports & 1 x Audio Out (Display Port Cable Included)
- Immersive Viewing Experience: The 1800R curvature of the screen lets you enjoy big, bold and stunning panoramic views while you work or play at...
- Super Slim Design: Make a stylish statement with its ultra-slim and sleek profile; Monitor measures less than 0.5 inch thick and the simple...
- Advanced Gaming w/ AMD FreeSync: This technology allows users to enjoy smooth images, even during the fastest moving scenes; It minimizes input...
- Fast 4ms Response Time: With its 4ms response rate, you'll see the fastest on-screen motion clearly and smoothly with less blur, judder, and...
- Eye Saver Mode: Optimize your viewing comfort by reducing blue light emissions and flickers at the touch of a button; Read documents, play games,...
- Stunning Visuals - WQHD (Wide Quad HD) delivers a display resolution of 3440 x 1440 on a 21: 9 ultra-wide 34-inch panel
- Unrestricted Gaming - AMD Radeon FreeSync technology combines with 144Hz refresh rate for smooth gameplay
- Total Immersion - This 1500R curved gaming monitor creates a stunningly immersive experience that offers more realism and comfortable viewing
- Exceptional Ergonomics - VESA wall mount ready; adjustable tilt and lift for perfect posture and a clear view
- Eye Protection - TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light / TÜV Rheinland Flicker Free certified
- Philips 24-Inch Class (23.8-inch viewable) Computer Gaming Monitor, 144Hz Full HD 1920x1080 Res, VA, 1ms, LED Monitor
- Rapid 1ms response and 144Hz refresh rate
- 3-sided frameless design
- HDMI and DP input
- 4 Year Advanced Replacement
- Ultra wide ultra slim curved 21 9 immerses the attention of a larger audience with a 34 inch screen that accurately resembles the contours of the...
- 1500R curvature the 1500R degree curved design immerses you completely into the gaming landscape allowing you to spot all threats and...
- Adaptive Sync Adaptive Sync is a technology that closes the gap between the graphics card's and the Monitor's refresh rates eliminating image...
- Up to 100Hz refresh rate with 100Hz refresh rate images change faster and smoother than the standard reducing screen tearing
- Blue light shift reduce your MONITORS Blue light to protect you from eye fatigue irritation and strains This enables you to work on you documents...