Best TVs under $300 can cover a wide variety of uses. Including basic 720p and 1080p TVs to advanced 4k TVs, there’s plenty for almost every usage.
Every year, TVs in this price range are getting better and better. If you’re not having the best TVs of perfect picture quality, budget TVs are an affordable solution for secondary viewing locations, even if you have minimal space and budget.
Below you’ll find our choices for the best TVs under $300 available for buy. If your budget is a little more flexible, check out our picks for the best smart TVs, the best budget TVs, and the best TVs under $500.
Best TVs under $300
1. Best TV Under $300: TCL 55S525
The best TV under $300 that we’ve reviewed so far is the TCL 5 Series 55S525 2019. It’s a decent overall Screen, providing excellent value for its price thanks to its strong image quality and user-friendly applications.
It has perfect out-of-box color quality, and you won’t need to calibrate your TV if you don’t want to. It displays a wide range of colors that is essential for HDR content, but it doesn’t get really bright in HDR and doesn’t make the highlights pop.
As for most VA panel TVs, the contrast ratio is outstanding and the black uniformity is also fantastic, rendering this TV an excellent option for darkroom watching.
Unfortunately, this comes at the expense of the viewing angles, which are poor, so you’re going to lose picture quality as you watch from the side. However, gamers should be pleased with the extremely low input lag and incredible responsive time, which will result in clear motion.
Unlike the other TCL TV, this one has built-in Roku as its operating system, which is easy to use and has a broad variety of applications available, and you’re going to be able to find what you need. It’s a decent pick for its size, making it the best TV under $300 that we’ve reviewed so far.
- Deep, uniform blacks
- Outstanding low input lag
- Image degrades at an angle
- PWM flicker at low brightness levels
2. Best Budget TV: LG 43UM7300PUA
If you have a wide room and you need a TV with improved viewing angles, take a look at the LG 43UM7300PUA. It may not have the same dark room efficiency as the TCL 5 Series / S525 2019, but it has excellent viewing angles due to its IPS screen and is ideal for use in bright rooms because it has fantastic reflective handling and good peak brightness to overcome glare.
Its color accuracy is reasonable and has an extremely low response time to hold motion blur to a minimum.
Unfortunately, the contrast ratio is mediocre, and blacks appear to look more like white when seen in the night, but that’s anticipated from most IPS TVs. And although the input lag is small enough for a sensitive gaming experience, it does not support any variable refresh rate technology.
If viewing angles aren’t an issue, the TCL has better overall performance; if you tend to watch from the side, then consider the LG.
- Outstanding low input lag.
- The image remains accurate when viewed at an angle.
- Can’t produce deep, uniform blacks.
- HDR doesn’t add much.
3. Best Value For Size TV Under $300: TCL 55S425
With the best value of price, the TCL 4 Series 2019/55S425 is the best 4k TV under $300. This 55 inches 4k TV has the good image quality and is currently just under $300.
Thanks to the high native contrast ratio, this TV provides deep blacks in a dark room, but can’t get really bright and doesn’t have a wide range of color to provide decent HDR performance.
The response time is quick, and the motion is crisp. This is a perfect TV for gaming or using as a Computer display, mostly due to the very small input lag that makes it feel very sensitive. Just like the TCL 5 Series / S525 2019, this TV runs an easy-to-use Roku smart TV interface with a large number of streaming channels.
Unfortunately, a room with large seating arrangements is not a successful idea, as the picture degrades easily at an angle. It’s best suited for a dark environment owing to low light rates. Overall, this 55-inch TV is the greatest price option for its scale under $300.
- Very low input lag, great for games.
- Great smart features.
- Can’t get bright enough.
- Image degrades when viewed at an angle.
4. Best Budget TV Under $300: TCL 40S325
The TCL 3 Series 2019/40S325 is the best budget TV under $300 we’ve checked so far. It’s a passable entry-level TV with a strong contrast ratio, decent response time, and an excellent low input lag, both of which make it ideal for gaming. The 32-inch standard is limited to a resolution of 720p (with the exception of the 32S327 variant), although the larger versions have a native resolution of 1080p.
This TV has a wide range of inputs, including three HDMI ports and a dedicated composite outlet. It has great smart features with hundreds of streaming channels available. This makes it an ideal option for a backup viewing location because you don’t have to think about getting a separate streaming box.
Unfortunately, this TV is not very bright, and the picture degrades when presented at an angle, which reduces its flexibility a little. Overall, though, this is a great budget TV, and it’s one of the best 40-inch TVs under $300.
- Very low input lag.
- Excellent pre-calibration image accuracy.
- No HDR support.
- It cannot get bright.
5. Best Cheap TV: SAMSUNG UN32N5300
If you want a smaller budget TV, the Samsung UN32N5300 is a decent option. It doesn’t have the same color quality as the TCL 3 Series 2019, but it’s only available in 32-inch size and since it uses an IPS screen, the viewing angles are great.
This is a good choice if you choose to place this TV in a kitchen or a room where you’re going to be moving around a lot because you won’t lose any picture quality when seen from the side. It’s a 1080p screen, which is only perfect for playing content from a cable box, and while it supports HDR, it doesn’t get really bright and can’t show a wide variety of colors. It uses the Tizen Smart OS that offers a ton of a smart OS.
If you’re looking for the best budget TV under $300, the TCL is a decent choice, but if you want something smaller with better viewing angles, look into the Samsung.
- The image remains accurate when viewed at an angle
- The screen has good uniformity
- Poor HDR performance
- Input lag is higher than most modern TVs
- Poor dark scene performance
6. Sony KDL32W600D 32-Inch HD Smart TV
You don’t have to track down TVs for sale to get this Sony TV for less than $300. It may offer a reduced screen size compared to the two models listed above, but it promises a crisp and clear image resolution and an impressive front-end navigation built off the Linux operating system.
Motion Flow technology means that it appears smooth even as you watch action movies or play AAA video games, and you can also use the USB port to plug in your thumb drive and enjoy home videos or share your photo galleries with friends and relatives.
- Good for sports and video games.
- The picture is good when watched from the side.
- Poor movie experience, especially in a dark room.
- Screen reflections can be harsh.
7. Toshiba Fire TV
Toshiba Fire TV 2019 is a good 4k TV entry-level. It has a decent design, quite close to last year’s edition, and it offers reasonable picture quality. It has a high contrast ratio, but just good black uniformity and some clouding are noticeable. This has good peak visibility in the SDR and very strong reflective handling.
This TV also has great smart features, like the inclusion of Amazon Alexa. Unfortunately, it has poor motion control and can not show HDR content very well, because it can’t get very bright and can’t view a wide range of colors.
- Deep blacks.
- Great smart features.
- Can’t get very bright in HDR.
- Image degrades when viewed at an angle.
- Mediocre motion handling.
8. Best Cheap TV: LG UM6900 TV Review
The LG UM6900 is a good 4k entry-level TV with an IPS screen. Like other IPS TVs, it has a wide viewing range, but it doesn’t appear because impressive in a dark room because it has a low contrast ratio, bad black uniformity, and no local dimming.
It has a quick response time and low input lag, perfect for gaming, but the backlight always flickers, which creates visible duplication in motion. Unfortunately, this TV can’t get very bright, and it uses a less accurate sub-pixel structure, which isn’t ideal for use as a PC monitor.
- The image remains accurate at an angle.
- Outstanding low input lag.
- Not very bright.
- Less accurate RGBW pixel structure.
- Backlight always flickers, causing duplications in motion.
Our suggestions above are what we found is the best TVs to buy under $300 available in the market. These are the best budget TVs to buy for most people. We factor in the price, feedback from visitors, and availability. We have analyzed the features and functions of each product and reviewed our best for the buyers.
If you would like to do the work of choosing yourself, here is the list of all our reviews of TVs that are less than $500. Be careful not to get too caught up in the details. While no TV is perfect, most TVs are great enough to please almost everyone, and the differences are often not noticeable unless you really look for them.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon:
- Stunning 4K Ultra HD: 4K resolution delivers stunning detail and remarkable visual experience.
- High Dynamic Range: HDR delivers bright and accurate colors for a lifelike viewing experience.
- Google Assistant Built-in: Search for movies and shows across thousands of available apps, get entertainment recommendations, access media...
- Thousands of streaming apps: Stream 700,000+ movies and shows, live sports and news, or your favorite music from Google Play, YouTube and your...
- Chromecast Built-in: Easily cast movies, shows, and photos from your Android or iOS device to your TCL Android TV.
- Fire TV brings together live-over-the air TV and your streaming content on the home screen. Connect any HD antenna (sold separately) to watch...
- Experience breathtaking 4K Ultra HD picture quality with over 8 million pixels for stunning clarity, deep contrast and vivid colors. Watch movies...
- Everything you’d expect from a remote – plus launch apps, search for TV shows, switch inputs, control smart home devices and more, using just...
- This TV is smart and simple in every way. Just plug it in, connect to Wi-Fi and enjoy. Plus, your TV keeps getting smarter with new Alexa skills...
- Item arrives in packaging that reveals what’s inside and can’t be hidden.
- See all your content in one place - Fire TV brings live, over-the-air TV, streaming channels, and your favorite apps together onto one convenient...
- Regza Engine 4K is Toshiba’s high performance 4K engine for stunning picture quality, with ultra essential PQ technology combined with high...
- 4 times resolution of Full HD, four times the detail. With Toshiba 4K TV, you can enjoy uncompromisingly crisp, clear visuals for a fully...
- Dolby Vision HDR and HDR10 transforms your TV into an entertainment powerhouse. The image technology from cinemas, now brought together in the...
- DTS Virtual: X technology is a scalable and versatile advanced post processing package that creates an immersive audio experience by virtualizing...
- Full HD 1080p Resolution
- Micro Dimming Pro
- Samsung Smart TV. Mini Wall Mount and Vesa Wall Mount Compatible
- SmartThings App Support. Product Size (W x H x D) Without Stand-36.3 x 20.9 x 2.9 inches. Stand Size (WxHxD)-5.2 x 5.6 x 6.7 inches
- Combining rich 1080p picture quality, intuitively smart Roku TV platform, built-in Wi-Fi, and innovative technologies, Hisense H4F series smart...
- Enjoy all the key moments in fast-paced sports, movies, and games with motion rate 120-image processing, minimizing picture lag to create a clear...
- Roku TV's simplified home screen and streamlined remote provide easy to access your cable box or HDTV antenna, one-touch access to favorite...
- Control the TV with your iOS or android device via the easy-to-use Roku TV remote app, or use your voice to power your TV on and off, change...
- Measuring 35.6 by 20.4 by 3.2 inches (35.6 by 22.1 by 8 inches with included stand, LxWxH), the 40H4F is backed by a 1-year manufacturer's...
- Experience crystal clear colors that are fine-tuned to deliver a naturally crisp and vivid picture | Unveils shades of color you can't find on...
- TV Dimensions: With stand – 37.9" W x 24.8" H x 7.9" D | W/O stand – 37.9" W x 22" H x 2.4" D | Weight – 17.9 lbs. | Motion rate – MR120...
- Go beyond Smart TV with next-gen apps, super easy control, and a host of enhancements that elevate the TV watching experience
- This ultra-fast processor transforms everything you watch into stunning 4K | One simple on-screen guide organizes your streaming and live TV...
- Inputs | HDMI – 2 | USB – 1 | Ethernet (LAN) – 1 | RF In (Terrestrial/Cable Input) – 1/1 | RF In (Satellite/Cable Input) – 1/1 |...
- Dolby Vison HDR: Dolby Vision transforms your TV experience with dramatic imaging – incredible brightness, contrast, and color that bring...
- 4K Ultra HD: With over 8 million pixels, 4 times the resolution of 1080p - enjoy every scene with breathtaking detail.
- Full Array Backlight: LEDs are evenly distributed across the screen's backlight for superior light uniformity and picture performance.
- VIZIO IQ Active 4K HDR Processor: Inside, the lightning-fast IQ Active processor delivers superior picture processing, and more intelligent 4K...
- Active Pixel Tuning: Intelligent pixel-level brightness adjustments for increased picture accuracy and contrast.
- Real 4K IPS Display
- webOS + LG Channel
- Active HDR (HDR10, HLG)
- Apple Airplay2 | Homekit
- "Works With" Google Assistant and Other Smart Home Devices