Looking for the best 12-inch competition subwoofers to enhance the sound and reinforce the bass? You came to the right place!
A lot of people search for a way to have the best experience when listening to music, no matter if they are in their homes, car, or another location. Since there is probably a ton of speakers in your possession that you can use to listen to music, we’re here to show you how to make the best out of it and have the perfect sound every time.
The best way to improve the sound and better the quality of your speakers and sound system is to get a subwoofer. Subwoofers work wonders when it comes to frequency, but we won’t bore you with the specifics regarding how these subs work precisely. The important thing is that they improve the sound and bass of whatever you listen to!
With that in mind, we’ll walk you through the best 12-inch competition subwoofers to help you find the one that fits your needs best!
Best 12-inch Competition Subwoofers — Top Picks
1. Skar Audio SDR-12 D2 Car Subwoofer – Best Overall
We’ll start our list off with the Skar Audio’s car subwoofer. This subwoofer is an excellent choice for just about everyone, including both the people who are just planning to buy their first car subwoofer and the pros who are used to having theirs blast in the car.
If you’re looking for a sub that produces super clean sound and hits harder than most, this one will be a perfect choice. With its peak power of 1,200 Watts and RMS power of 600 Watts, the frequency response of 22 Hz-300 Hz, and the mounting depth of 7.62″, you’ll have no issues using this subwoofer whenever you want and having a perfect experience!
2. KICKER Car Subwoofer
Want to get a subwoofer that enhances and empowers the bass but is also super easy to install? This KICKER car subwoofer is the ideal option for you!
This is a loudspeaker that rumbles nicely and provides clean and quality sound for the ultimate experience. In terms of both cost and style, you will definitely not regret getting a KICKER car subwoofer. For someone who is set on purchasing a super stylish and cool-looking sub, this black one with red double stitching will be a dream come true!
3. Skar Audio EVL-12 D2 Car Subwoofer – Best Sound
The next one on our list is another Skar Audio car subwoofer. This one is also a 12-inch one, but it has a peak power of 2500 Watts and RMS power of 1250 Watts which makes it perfect for both competition and daily builds.
The Skar Audio EVL-12 D2 subwoofer has a wide range of neat features that help produce and deliver the best sound and super powerful bass. With a high roll foam surround and the advanced air flow cooling system, this subwoofer will definitely satisfy most, if not all, of your wants and needs!
4. Power Acoustik Subwoofer
If none of the subwoofers we mentioned so far have piqued your interest, we have another super cool and durable one in the store for you! This Power Acoustik’s subwoofer has an overcompensating motor structure that helps increase magnetic strength. Other than that, the 12 mm T-yoke and the top plate will certainly enhance low-frequency dynamics and lower the voice-coil heat buildup. The sub has a nonmagnetic and nonresonant die-cast aluminum frame and it’s a magnetic mounting type.
5. Sundown Audio Subwoofer
Sundown Audio Subwoofer is a great choice if you’re on a search for a loud subwoofer that hits hard and produces an extremely high-quality sound. The speaker’s RMS power is 1000 Watts and it is optimized for small ported, sealed, as well as band-pass enclosures.
The frame is made of high-strength cast aluminum, which makes the subwoofer super durable. It weighs 29 pounds and has the following dimensions: 16 x 16 x 12 inches, so you can easily put it in your car or anywhere else you think would be a good spot.
6. Gravity Car Subwoofer
We’ll conclude our list of the best 12-inch competition subwoofers with the Gravity car subwoofer that is perfect for everyone. It has an advanced air flow cooling system and a frequency response of 30 to 500Hz.
What’s great about this speaker is that it comes in a pair of two, so you will not get only one but two amazing subwoofers! The subs look great and produce excellent sound.
Curious about the Gravity subwoofer peak and RMS power? The sub’s peak power is 3000 Watts, while the RMS power is 750 Watts.
Prior to making up your mind about what 12-inch subwoofer would be best for you, you should take a moment to learn what the most important factors to consider are. You would not want to rush and buy the first one that seems nice and looks pretty, or you will risk ending up with a product that does not fit your needs and you can’t even use. There is no need to waste time or money when you can find out what aspects to take into consideration when choosing your subwoofer in a few minutes by reading our buying guide. Here’s what you should pay attention to:
1. Subwoofer Type
You should first choose what subwoofer type you want based on the use you intend for it. There are various types to choose from, such as powered subwoofers and car subwoofers. The most commonly used ones are the vehicle subs.
The reason why purchasing the right subwoofer type is important is because of its design. For example, if you want a big subwoofer, buying a car sub wouldn’t be a good choice. These subwoofers are made specifically to fit spaces in your car or truck, so chances are they will be a lot smaller than the one you originally pictured.
The next thing on our list of things you should factor in when choosing a subwoofer is power. We already mentioned peak power and RMS power when listing the best subwoofers. This is important because your sound system booms depending on the power. You want to pay attention to RMS power since it gives a more valid and realistic measure than peak power. Making sure that your subwoofer can handle your amp’s output power is essential.
The enclosure is extremely important because it determines what type of sound the sub will produce. There is a variety of different enclosure types, some of which include sealed, ported, and bandpass enclosure. You should note that sealed ones provide more accurate sounds whereas ported and bandpass ones produce more volume.
When it comes to the size of your subwoofer, you’re probably wondering whether the bigger ones are louder than the smaller ones. The truth is, it depends on numerous factors. There are some smaller subs that are properly powered and in the correct enclosure. Such subs can often be louder and better than the big ones, so there are no strict rules here. However, if size doesn’t matter to you, choosing a bigger one is usually a good choice.
Sensitivity is the last factor on our list of things you should pay attention to before purchasing your subwoofer. Subs with higher sensitivity ratings need less power to produce the same amount of sound as the ones with lower sensitivity ratings.
1. Is a 12-inch Subwoofer Better Than a 10-inch One?
The simple answer to this question is yes, a 12-inch subwoofer is better than a 10-inch one. If you get a 12-inch one, you’ll get all the features that a 10-inch one has, and perhaps some additional ones and accessories as well. However, if you get a 10-inch subwoofer, there are no guarantees that you will get everything that you would with a 12-inch one.
It’s also highly likely that a 12-inch sub will provide better sound quality and be louder than the 10-inch one.
2. What Type of Subwoofer Box/Enclosure Is Best?
Wondering whether it’s better to get a sealed or ported subwoofer box? We’re here to provide all the answers!
You should choose the subwoofer box type according to the type of bass you want. If you’re looking for a focused and more accurate bass, getting a sealed box one is a better choice. In case you want an extremely loud bass that booms, a ported box is a way to go.
If you’re still debating which of these two is better, you should know that sealed subwoofer boxes also need more power for louder bass, whereas the ported ones are much more efficient and don’t require that much power.
3. Should I Get One or Two Subwoofers?
Getting two subwoofers instead of one can often improve the bass response and provide you with a better sound across the room. One of the biggest advantages of having two subs instead of one is that they eliminate any dead spots you might have in the space where your subs are.
However, this is not set in stone. If you don’t want to get two subs and you would prefer having only one, you can go that route without losing anything in the process. There are plenty of brands that offer high-quality subs that will have the same effect and bass quality as two subs would.
4. Where Should I Put My Subwoofer?
Not sure where to place your subwoofer? Usually, the best place to put it is in front of the room. That is the best way to blend it with your main speaker and avoid localization effects. You should make sure your sub isn’t placed on the floor or in the corner of your room since that will most likely cause the bass to be boomy.
5. Should I Get a Subwoofer Amplifier?
Whether or not you should get a subwoofer amplifier depends on the type of subwoofer you have. If you have an active sub, you will not need an amplifier for it. The active ones are already built with the amplifiers inside of them. However, if you have a passive subwoofer, you need to get an amplifier. They can’t work without amps, and the only way to make the sound louder or softer and control the volume is with an amplifier.
Buying a perfect 12-inch competition subwoofer can often prove a challenging task. There are various different types and models to choose from, and you can easily get confused or even worse, end up buying a low-quality one or the one that doesn’t quite provide all that you’re looking for. That is why making sure you have all the necessary info and knowing what to consider when choosing one is crucial.
You should think about whether you want to have only one or multiple subs in your room, whether a smaller or a larger one would fit your space more, how loud you want it to be, and what type of bass and sound you want it to produce.
There are more factors to consider, so before deciding and purchasing one, make sure you go over our buying guide and gather all the essential details. Why waste time and money on buying something you won’t even enjoy using when you can spare a few minutes to skim our article and get your perfect 12-inch sub that you’ll never get tired of?
Check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- SOLD INDIVIDUALLY | GREAT SOUND BUILT FOR COMPETITION: With a 90oz High Energy Double Stack Strontium Magnet Structure, Heavy Duty, Rugged...
- HIGH PERFORMANCE CAR AUDIO SUBWOOFER: The HIPPOXL64 Subwoofer features Dual Impedance High Temp Aluminum 2" Voice Coil Former with Kevlar...
- AMAZING DEEP BASS FOR ITS SIZE: This 6.5 Inch Subwoofer handles 300 Watts RMS and 600 Watts MAX, 2" Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coils. It's truly a Great...
- CRANK UP THE VOLUME: Are you looking to upgrade your Factory Subwoofer? With our Black Anodized One Piece Pole-Plate for Added Motor Force, Heavy...
- MASSIVE AUDIO QUALITY GUARANTEED | Since 1999, Massive Audio has been an industry leader in high performance audio products. Massive Audio laid...
- 5/8" MDF Construction
- Frequency response: 10Hz - 150Hz. Aviation Grade Carpet
- Embroidered Terminator Logo; Impedance: 2Ω
- Combines the sleek looks and power of a Terminator mono block amplifier with either a sealed enclosure
- Houses two 12-Inch Terminator subwoofers, TNP212D2, or a vented enclosure
- Pioneer TSW312D4 Champion Series 12" 1500 Watt Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coil DVC Car Subwoofer
- "Champion" Series 12' Subwoofer with Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coil
- Pioneer's latest "Champion" series sub-woofers are here. The TS-W312D4 is designed to take the "Champion" Series name to the next level with a...
- Combining a large rigid centre cap and lightweight high rigidity cone structure improves output performance and reduces loss. Improved dual layer...
- Two-tone unique design for wood
- JBL engineering high-definition imaging
- Long excursion powered subwoofer
- Cone - Made from Polypropylene, The AC12D 12 inch car subwoofer provides a resilient and durable material that can offer great sound and...
- Voice Coil - Our voice coils are able to withstand high temperatures yet maintain its strength and fatigue properties. Making our voice coils...
- Surround - Foam is very flexible, providing the subwoofer with higher efficiency. This also translates to better excursion (How far the cone of a...
- Basket - The stamped basket offers a strong and rigid platform allowing the listener to hear clean and clear music output
- Specs - 13” x 13” x 6”, Resonant Frequency - 32 Hz, Sensitivity SPL (1W/1m) - 88 Db
- 12" dual 2-ohm car subwoofer with RMS Power: 650 Watts RMS; Max Power: 1300 Watts MAX; Coil Configuration: Dual 2 Ohm
- 2.5 Inch - 4 Layer High-Temperature Copper Voice Coil & Double Slug Y30 Grade Optimized Motor
- Flexible High Foam Surround & 3% Carbon Fiber Reinforced Cone
- Advanced Air Cooling System & Signature Chrome Plated Low Carbon Iron Bottom Plate
- Dual Round Weaved Copper Tinsel Leads & 12 Gauge Push Terminals
- 1600 WATT POWER: This high powered subwoofer system has a maximum power output of 1600 watt / 800watt RMS for full range surround stereo sound...
- BUILT TO LAST: Features non-fatiguing rubber suspension, specially designed rubber magnet boot, non-press cone, specially treated foam surround,...
- DUAL 4 OHM IMPEDANCE: The audio projection subwoofer has 90 dB and dual 4 ohm impedance rating that compensates the undersized wire found in many...
- DUAL VOICE COIL: This complete subwoofer features 60 oz magnet structure and 2 inch 4 layer dual voice coil to enhance its performance and can...
- 12" STANDARD SIZE: Pyle easy to mount car speaker follows the standard size for most vehicle stereo system. It has a 5.1" mounting depth and...