The demand for 4k TVs with HDR gaming capabilities is accelerating. The support of HDR gaming that the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X provide guarantees that this will be a unilateral path.
Since 2018, most of the TVs support HDR and have low input lag to attract gamers. We have listed some of the top best HDR TV for gaming check the review and make the right choice.
We’ve reviewed many TVs considering the price tag, features, user experience, and below are our recommendations for the best HDR gaming TV for Xbox One X and PS4 Pro you can buy.
Best 4K HDR Gaming TV – Reviews
1. Best 4k HDR Gaming TV: LG B9 OLED
The best 4k HDR gaming TV we’ve reviewed so far is the LG B9 OLED. It’s an excellent TV and one of the best overall TVs on the market, packed with gaming features. Being an OLED TV, it’s capable of delivering perfect blacks, convenient for darkroom games, and it has incredibly large viewing angles for when you choose to use it for co-op gaming.
It has a ‘Quick Low Latency’ feature that detects when you play so that you don’t have to turn to ‘Playing’ feature manually any time you want to practice.
The response time on this TV is virtually instantaneous, so motion looks transparent without any distortion behind fast-moving objects, and there’s a black frame insertion feature to reduce any motion blur.
2. Best Color Accuracy TV For 4k HDR Gaming: SAMSUNG Q80/Q80R QLED
If you’re concerned about the LG B9 OLED burn-in chance, the Samsung Q80 / Q80R QLED is the best HDR gaming LED TV we’ve reviewed so far. You ‘re not going to get the same perfect blacks as the LG, but it has an exceptional picture quality due to its dark blacks, impressive peak brightness, and a wide variety of colors.
This TV embraces AMD’s variable refresh rate technology for almost tear-free games and has the latest ‘Ultra Viewing Angle’ feature for improved viewing angles.
Overall, if you want the best TV for PS4 Pro or Xbox One X, consider the LG. However, if you’re concerned about burn-in and won’t miss the perfect blacks, look into the Samsung.
3. VIZIO P SERIES QUANTUM X
If you are concerned about the possibility of burn-in on the LG B9 OLED and you want anything better than the Samsung Q80 / Q80R QLED, try out the Vizio P Series Quantum X 2019. It’s an excellent LED TV that offers outstanding HDR gaming output with no chance of burn-in.
It can’t offer the same perfect blacks as the LG in a dark room, so it has a higher 4k HDR input latency, but it’s much lighter and has one of the widest color choices we’ve seen so far.
If you want to save some money with no sacrifice in picture quality and don’t need the same darkroom results, find Vizio, one of the best TVs for Xbox One X or PS4 Pro.
4. Sony X950G
If you want correct color reproduction and you’re not trying to calibrate your screen, the Sony X950 G is a Screen with the highest out-of-the-box color quality we’ve seen so far. Due to its strong contrast ratio and excellent motion control, this TV will offer fantastic picture quality.
The combination of a TV’s impressive peak brightness and a strong wide range of colors render HDR content looks amazing, with vivid colors that show. This has a local dimming function that works decently well, although there is some blooming around light items in dark scenes and around subtitles.
Whereas the edges of the panel are noticeably darker, the middle of the panel is very uniform, with absolutely no sign of a dirty effect on the image. Input latency is small and ideal for most casual sports, but it could be a little too high for competitive games.
5. SAMSUNG Q70/Q70R QLED
If you’re looking for a TV with better gaming capabilities, the Samsung Q70 / Q70R QLED is also a perfect option. It doesn’t have the same color quality as the Sony X950 G, but it has a lower input lag and supports FreeSync variable refresh rate technology to minimize tearing in sports, while the Sony doesn’t have any VRR support.
The motion also appears brilliant on Samsung due to its excellent response time, and there’s a black frame placement option that reduces some motion blur. This has decent HDR peak brightness, allowing pop highlights, but sadly, as is the case for most VA TVs, the viewing angles are low, which is not suitable for co-op games.
If you want the TV with the best color accuracy, look into the Sony, but if you want lower input lag, the Samsung is also a great choice as the best TV for PS4 Pro.
6. VIZIO P SERIES QUANTUM
When you’re looking for something a bit better, take a look at the Vizio P Quantum Series. The color accuracy is not as good as the Sony X950 G, but it’s still great. It also has an impressively broad range of colors to create deep, vivid colors, and its excellent contrast ratio and strong black uniformity render it a perfect option for darkroom watching.
Motion handling is excellent, and there is an optional black frame placement mode to help reduce the presence of motion blur. Gamers would be happy to learn that the input lag is quite low and the screen has a refresh rate of 120Hz; nevertheless, there is no provision for any variable refresh rate technology.
If color fidelity is more essential, look at the Sony; otherwise, the Vizio is a nice alternative that will save you some time.
7. Best Budget 4k HDR Gaming TV: TCL 6 Series/R625
The best budget 4k HDR gaming TV we’ve been testing is the TCL 6 Series / R625. This TV gives decent value for its size, which will satisfy most users for some use, and it’s an outstanding gaming TV.
This Screen has one of the lowest input lags that we’ve seen so far. It immediately detects when the gaming console is attached and switches to ‘Playing’ mode to make this low input lag. The response time is strong, although it’s a bit slower than other TVs, and there are a few visible motion glitches, luckily there’s a black frame insertion option to help reduce any motion blur.
This TV has an excellent color palette and decent color quality, showing a wide variety of shades, and can get bright enough to bring out vivid colors with HDR.
8. Best HDR Gaming TV: HISENSE H8F
Whether you want a TV that is much cheaper than the TCL 6 Series / R625 , the Hisense H8F is a decent choice. You ‘re not going to have the same brightness or motion control as the TCL, but HDR gaming is just as strong due to the low input lag that makes the TV really sensitive. This TV offers excellent dark room performance and shows vibrant colorful HDR material thanks to its wide variety of colors.
Overall, if you’re searching for anything specifically built for HDR gaming and need motion management, TCL is a perfect budget option. Otherwise, the Hisense is just as amazing for less money and also one of the better PS4 Pro gaming TVs.
9. Best Budget HDR Gaming TV: Sony X900H
If you think the Samsung Q80 T QLED too costly than try out the Sony X900H. The out-of-the-box color quality is almost as good as the Samsung’s, it has a higher contrast ratio to create darker blacks, and its full-array local dimming has greater power over the blooming of bright objects. The response time is just significantly slower, even while it has a somewhat higher input lag, most users shouldn’t mind it.
Unfortunately, when viewed from the side its VA panel has sub-par viewing angles that cause images to look washed out. The key aspect to remember is that this TV will be equipped with VRR; however, it has not yet been introduced and will come with a future software upgrade.
Generally, the Samsung is a great option as it has greater color quality because it also has all the modern gaming functionality enabled, but if you’re searching for anything cheaper, the Sony is an outstanding alternative.
Our suggestions above are what we found are the best HDR Gaming TVs available on the market. These are the best HDR Gaming TVs to buy in every price range for you. We have analyzed the features and functions of each product and reviewed our best for the buyers.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon:
- 4K HDR PROCESSOR X1 – Powerful TV processing that delivers a picture that is smooth and clear, full of rich colors and detailed contrast.
- TRILUMINOS PRO – Reproduces more colors than a conventional TV resulting in picture quality that is natural and precise, and closer than ever...
- GOOGLE TV – Seamlessly browse 700,000 plus movies and TV episodes from across your favorite streaming services, all in one place. Watch content...
- MOTIONFLOW XR – On-screen motion stays smooth and clear, allowing fast moving sequences in sports, action movies, and games to be seen with...
- 4K X-REALITY PRO – Our unique 4K database upscales all the HD content you love to near-4K resolution bringing back real-world detail and...
- HANDPICKED BY AMAZON: They did the research so you don’t have to.
- DYNAMIC CRYSTAL COLOR: Witness millions of shades of color through powerful Dynamic Crystal technology
- CRYSTAL PROCESSOR 4K: See every detail with stunning clarity; The powerful processor, specifically tuned for Crystal Displays, converts what...
- BUILT-IN VOICE ASSISTANTS: Access a world of content beyond streaming; Schedule recordings, search, auto-adjust gaming settings, seamlessly...
- HDR: Enjoy a whole new world of vivid color and detail found in newer films and streaming service content with HDR, also known as High Dynamic...
- REAL 4K DISPLAY: The rich 4K displays of LG UHD TVs deliver quality you can see in every scene. Enjoy bright colors, high contrast, and...
- QUAD CORE PROCESSOR 4K: Our Quad Core Processor 4K gives you a smooth, crisp viewing experience with enhanced contrast, color and blacks.
- WEBOS + LG THINQ AI W/ MAGIC REMOTE: Control your smart home theater with ease. ThinQ AI and the Magic Remote enable simple navigation and...
- TRUMOTION 120 (Native 60Hz): TruMotion 120 technology reduces blur to sharpen details with up to 120 frames per second, giving fast-moving action...
- WORKS WITH HEY GOOGLE / ALEXA: Customize and control your smart home with ease. LG UHD TVs work with "Hey Google," Amazon Alexa, Apple Play2, and...
- PICTURE PROCESSOR X1 ULTIMATE: Sony’s best processor analyzes content to bring out OLED’s intense contrast with pure blacks, peak brightness...
- OLED plus PIXEL CONTRAST BOOSTER: Millions of individual pixels are supercharged for more vibrant colors to complement absolute OLED black
- GAME MODE: Take your PlayStation experience to the next level with a Sony 4K gaming TV featuring dedicated Game Mode for a smoother, more...
- SMART ANDROID TV with GOOGLE ASSISTANT: Use your voice to control your TV and smart home devices, easily search for movies and shows, get...
- WORKS WITH ALEXA – Through an Alexa enabled device, ask Alexa to change channels, adjust volume, and turn your TV on/off
- Superior 4K Ultra HD: Picture clarity combined with the contrast, color, and detail of Dolby Vision HDR (High Dynamic Range) for the most...
- Mini-LED Technology: Uncompromised contrast, brightness, and uniformity for incredible viewing in any environment
- Product Size (WxHxD) with Stand: 48.3" x 31.1" x 13.7"; Product Size (WxHxD) without stand: 48.3" x 28.1" x 2.8"
- QLED: Quantum dot technology delivers better brightness and wider color volume
- Contrast Control Zones: Contrast is individually optimized across up to 240 localized zones for striking contrast between bright and dark areas...
- QUANTUM PROCESSOR 4K: Elevate your picture to 4K with machine based AI.
- MOTION XCELERATOR TURBO plus: Exceptional motion enhancements up to 4K 120Hz.
- DUAL LED Backlight: Dedicated warm and cool LED backlights provide enhanced contrast.
- 100% COLOR VOLUME WITH QUANTUM DOT: A billion stay-true shades of breathtaking color. QLED televisions can produce 100% Color Volume in the...
- QUANTUM HDR: Go beyond HDTV with an expanded range of color.
- 100% COLOR VOLUME WITH QUANTUM DOT: Quantum dots produce over a billion shades of color that stay true-to-life even in bright scenes
- DUAL LED: A system of dedicated warm and cool LED backlights enhance contrast details
- QUANTUM HDR: Expands the range of color and detail beyond what's possible on HDTVs
- SMART TV POWERED BY TIZEN: Go beyond Smart TV with next-gen apps, super easy control, and a host of enhancements that elevate the TV watching...
- QUANTUM PROCESSOR 4K LITE: This ultra-fast processor optimizes content for QLED and transforms everything you watch into stunning 4K
- Quantum Color Built on VIZIO’s high-performance Active Full Array backlight, VIZIO’s next-generation Quantum Color delivers cinematic color...
- UltraBright 1100 Bring your entertainment to life with spectacular bright highlights at up to 1100 nits of peak brightness, more accurately...
- Active Full Array with 200 Local Dimming Zones VIZIO’s high-performance Active Full Array backlight precisely brightens and dims areas of the...
- VIZIO IQ UltraTM Processor Inside, VIZIO’s fastest, smartest chip – the revolutionary IQ Ultra processor offers best-in-class picture...
- SmartCast With lightning fast navigation, enjoy instant access to the best selection of apps from top tier streaming services like Netflix,...