What TV size you purchase is a fairly significant choice to make when updating or replacing your home television setup. You may wonder that you want 4K or 8K resolution, the smart TV platform that you want, and if your budget is going to be extended to one of the best TVs out there or just a small looking TV – but the size is a key thing to remember to make sure you choose a TV that suits your needs.
It’s a great time to take a look at the best TVs currently on the market, especially if you’re interested to buy a big screen TV. As stores are removing the products from their inventory, and you might find some great deals.
Below you’ll find a list of 10 best big screen TVs total from this year and last year, with some budget models from Vizio, TCL, and Hisense that offer great performance at a really good price and high-end options like the best QLED TVs from Samsung and the best OLED TVs from LG.
Best Big Screen TVs deals:
- Samsung Q80R QLED TV
- LG C9 OLED Series
- Vizio P-Series Quantum X
- Samsung Q950TS QLED TV
- Sony A9G Master Series OLED
- LG B9 OLED Series
- Samsung Q70R QLED TV
- TCL 6-Series QLED (R625)
- Hisense H9F Series
- Sony Bravia X950G Series
Best Big Screen TVs to Buy in 2021 – Reviews
1. Samsung Q80R QLED TV – Best Big Screen TV Overall
This is the best big-screen TV to buy in 2021 and it is a great 4k LED TV for gamers. One can correlate it between Samsung Q90R and Samsung 70R. Samsung Q80 is the best 4K TV and it has an excellent picture quality and it is considered as the best tv for gaming. The people who love to play games enjoy this TV because of its outstanding performance.
It gives excellent black uniformity, has remarkable local dimming support and high native contrast ratio. It has a wide range of colors and appears bright in both HDR and SDR content. It has a very low input lag so the people who like to play games more experience better gaming performance. This model can be used for TV Shows, Sports, Movies, Video Games, HDR.
The TV has excellent control of movement and with limited distortion shows smooth movement. It has a very low input latency and supports FreeSync during playing to toggle more consistently. Thanks to the ‘ Super Viewing Angle ‘ software, it has good viewing angles, despite being a VA panel Lcd.
- Superb picture quality
- Best big screen TV
- Incredible HDR performance
- Wider viewing angles
- Comprehensive smart platform
- No Dolby Vision
2. LG C9 OLED Series – Best Buy Big Screen TV
The LG C9 is a truly outstanding 4K OLED TV that carries on and expands on what was so good about the last year’s C8 OLED. The key analysis is the use of the 2nd generation Alpha9 chip, which utilizes AI improvements to produce SDR and HDR images, which helps render upscaling which compression second-to-none with exceptional levels of accuracy and picture quality.
This is the case for all OLED TVs, the light of the display is dim as compared to the LED TVs. The total black and pixel degree of accuracy offered by self-emissive technology mean the HDR looks stunning. There is still support for Dolby Vision, and just the absence of HDR10 + disappoints.
There are other OLEDs worth considering this year (see: LG’s own E9 Series) but we agree that the OLED C9 provides the best price-to-performance ratio of any TV.
- Superb picture quality
- Best buy big screen TV
- Comprehensive features
- Highly effective smart platform
- Limited peak brightness for HDR
- No HDR10+ support
3. Vizio P-Series Quantum X – Expensive Big screen TV
The Vizio P-Series Quantum X is the home run of Vizio. Sure, the SmartCast interface isn’t all that perfect, and speakers are worth avoiding, but the TV is filled with amazing apps and backed up with outstanding picture quality. We look forward to the support of AirPlay 2 and HomeKit, but even without these apps, TV is still one of the best choices in its price range.
If you’re searching for the ultra-affordable ultra-high explanation (UHD ) video go with Vizio. Vizio has a variety of cheaper but extremely stunning UHD TVs to select from including the M Series and P program. With P Series TVs you’ll take this power to upscale daily HD message (material that’s just 1080p), localized dimming (individual element Tuning), and human LED Zones which will ensure great clarity and contrast all being run by a 6-core processor.
And yep it’s the clever television so you’re starting to make Vizio Internet Apps Plus for seeing UHD message from sources like Netflix. At the price point, the P program is only going to make you 120 frames per minute as the refresh rate but that’s likely about the single failure here. Before you go out of any other alternatives, you’ve got to find this device — it’s AWESOME.
- Full array backlight
- Best buy big screen TV
- Quantum dot technology
- 3,000-nit peak brightness
- Lackluster sound
- SmartCast interface
4. Samsung Q950TS QLED TV – Best 8K Big Screen TV deals
Samsung Q950TS reflects the newest 8 K TV from the company, combining all the advantages of last year’s Samsung Q900 8 K television with the technologies first launched by the 2019 flagship Samsung Q90 4 K TV that hit the shelves earlier this year.
Combined with one top-of-the-line QLED TV, the latest Samsung Q950 features an 8 K display and AI-enhanced image processing, with wider viewing angles, improved black filter, and regular HDR performance. When all this wasn’t enough, Samsung’s digital TV platform is the most extensive on the market.
And if you’re looking for a state-of-the-art modern Samsung TV – and don’t mind paying the top dollar for it – the Q950TS will be at the highest of your shortlist.
- Awesome picture quality
- Best 8K Big Screen TV deals
- Standard-setting HDR
- Cutting-edge image processing
- No Dolby Vision support
- Limited 8K content
5. Sony A9G Master Series OLED
A direct replacement for last year’s Sony A9F / AF9 OLED, the Sony A9G / AG9 Master Series OLED is the latest flagship of the Sony TV group. It embraces a distinctly sleek style that covers a range of cutting-edge technologies such as support for Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, plus Netflix Calibrated Mode and IMAX Enhanced Certification.
Not only does the Master Series Sony A9G feature the best 4K Ultra HD OLED TV we’ve ever had the pleasure of reviewing, but it’s also decked out with an innovative approach to audio that’s nothing short of excellent. Sony’s flagship X1 Ultimate imaging processor does a wonderful job of converting standard HD and Full HD content into 4K Ultra HD resolution. which combine into a truly great Smart TV Experience.
The built-in speakers’ sound quality is relatively decent, but if you want a completely interactive film-watching experience, you may want to see our best soundbar recommendations. Finally, if you want an OLED TV to watch videos, this one has superior color quality should help ensure that you see the picture as intended by the director without any adjustment necessary.
Motion handling is outstanding with a fast response time that leaves almost no blur trail behind fast-moving material. Finally, the TV has a low input lag that will please most games.
- Luscious 4K HDR images
- Best-in-class HD upscaling
- Acoustic Surface+ audio
- Android TV is clunky
- No support for HDR10+
6. LG B9 OLED Series – Best Budget big screen TV
The LG B9 OLED delivers on its promise – to offer shoppers a cheaper way to the OLED universe, with the strong contrast and vivid colors that it involves.
Inevitably, there are few corners cut to get there, so you’re not getting the outstanding experience of the C9 or E9 – though delaying the launch of the B9 budget model, so ongoing price cuts to more luxury packages, ensures this year’s B Series isn’t exactly the offer it should have been a few months earlier.
If the B9 is what your budget requires, it’s a decent buy, but scrimping and saving for the LG C9 OLED – and keeping an eye out for the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals – might be a smarter choice in the long run.
- LG’s cheapest 2019
- Budget big screen TV
- OLED Rich colors and sharp detail
- webOS smart platform
- Not the latest processing
- Some noise in dark scenes
- No HDR10+
7. Samsung Q70R QLED TV
Samsung’s flagship Q90R QLED TV has recently blown us away with its wider viewing angles, darker blacks, and superior HDR images-unfortunately, however, not everybody can afford the flagship edition. So what should Samsung give to those who want to encounter QLED picture quality on a budget?
Despite sitting lower down in the QLED line-up, the Q70R offers the same robust smart network, broad connectivity, and advanced features found higher up the list. This isn’t the most stylish TV that Samsung has ever produced, but if your funds are tight, the Q70 is a cracking QLED all-rounder worth checking out.
- Extremely bright HDR pictures
- Exceptional contrast
- Good smart TV system
- Limited viewing angle
- Some mild backlight blooming
- No Dolby Vision
8. TCL 6-Series QLED (R625)
Few TVs have changed the home entertainment space in the same way that the TCL 6-Series has rendered high-end technologies such as support for Dolby Vision, full-size panels, and Large Color Gamut affordable to customers at a third of the cost of high-end TVs.
It’s also not as good as Samsung, LG, and Sony’s leading TVs in the upscaling department and has some motion problems related to the 60Hz panel underlying it, but at only $599 we can comfortably forget these problems. To this end, it’s perfectly safe to conclude that the TCL 6-Series is the finest TV you can find in this price range.
- Bright, colorful HDR
- Supports Dolby Vision
- Loss of darker details
- Limited motion settings
9. Hisense H9F (55H9F, 65H9F)
The latest model in Hisense’s ULED line is the Hisense H9F, and on paper, it has a lot to do with it: with up to 132 local dimming zones, a sleek build, and Android TV built right into it, this might be the TV to beat under $1,000.
When it comes to overall picture consistency, the Hisense H9F is clearly the best TV in this price category. The TV delivers a fantastic picture quality, with perfectly dark black colors and bright colors-all in a compact 55-inch box.
Sure, audio leaves a lot to be desired, and you may or may not like Android TV, but you can still purchase a Roku streaming stick or Apple TV, and choose a TV with a stereo sound system or other speakers-leaving the Hisense H9F to do what it’s best to: show a perfect picture.
- Incredible image quality
- Google Assistant built-in
- Lackluster audio
- Android TV is slow
10. Sony Bravia X950G Series
Okay, so you don’t want (or can’t afford) Sony’s latest A9 G OLED or a great-but-priced Z9G. And what are you going to buy? Take a look at the X950 G series. With superb 4 K picture quality, strong SDR-to-HDR remastering, and smooth direct backlight LEDs, Sony is offering something quite different from the X950G.
It’s a shame that poor sound quality ruined such a great 4K/HDR TV, however, taken by itself, the Sony X950G is an immaculate screen with a ton of potential.
If you enjoy watching cable sports, Sony X950 G is the best-LED TV. You’re not going to get the Vizio’s brightness or great local dimming, but you’re going to get a TV with great picture quality and an almost blur-free backlight that’s great and an optional black frame insertion feature to make motion even perfectly clear.
Moreover, most cable sports channels broadcast in 720p, and Sony is doing a better job than the lower resolution content of the Vizio P Series Quantum. It offers more control over features of upscaling and motion processing, so you can enjoy your favorite sports without any problem.
- X1 Ultimate Processor
- Netflix Calibrated Mode
- Motion handling, 4K upscalingPoor sound quality
- Mediocre 4K/HDR black levels
Our suggestions above are what we found is the best big screen TVs available in the market. These are the best big screen TVs to buy for most people. We factor in the price, feedback from visitors, and availability. We have analyzed the features and functions of each product and reviewed our best for the buyers.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon:
- Dimensions (w x h x d): TV without stand: 38.2 x 22.4 x3 inches, tv with stand: 38.2 inches x 24.5 inches x 7.6 inches
- Smart functionality delivers all your favorite content with over 500,000 movies and tv episodes, accessible through the simple and intuitive roku...
- Pairs 4k ultra HD picture clarity with the contrast, color, and detail of high dynamic range (HDR) for the most lifelike picture
- Direct lit led produces great picture quality. Panel resolution 3840 x 2160. Accessible Menu System (CVAA) : Yes
- Inputs: 3 HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 (one with HDMI ARC), 1 USB (media player), RF, Composite, Headphone Jack, Optical Audio Out
- DYNAMIC CRYSTAL COLOR: A fine crystal layer reveals millions of true-to-life colors.
- CRYSTAL PROCESSOR 4K: Intelligent, ultra-fast optimization of 4K content.
- SMART TV WITH MULTIPLE VOICE ASSISTANTS: Access apps and streaming services right on your TV with your voice.
- 3 HDMI PORTS: Connect up to 3 devices with HDMI.
- HDR: Unveils shades of color that go beyond HDTV.
- 4K Ultra HD: 1080p’s bigger, better looking brother. It has four times the resolution of a regular Full HD screen, along with 8.3 million...
- Dolby Vision HDR and HDR10: Cinema technology for your home. We’re talking more detail in the shadows, visibly clearer highlights and...
- Auto Low Latency Game Mode: Who wants to adjust their TV’s settings for gaming. Not us and we’re guessing not you. Luckily, Auto Low Latency...
- Android TV: Customize your Android TV home screen to display your favorite apps, shows, and movies. Cue the latest episode, pick up where you...
- Google Assistant: Press the Google Assistant button on your remote to do more on your TV with your voice. Ask Google to search for the latest...
- 4K HDR PROCESSOR X1 – Powerful TV processing that delivers a picture that is smooth and clear, full of rich colors and detailed contrast.
- TRILUMINOS PRO – Reproduces more colors than a conventional TV resulting in picture quality that is natural and precise, and closer than ever...
- GOOGLE TV – Seamlessly browse 700,000+ movies and TV episodes from across your favorite streaming services, all in one place. Watch content...
- MOTIONFLOW XR – On-screen motion stays smooth and clear, allowing fast moving sequences in sports, action movies, and games to be seen with...
- 4K X-REALITY PRO – Our unique 4K database upscales all the HD content you love to near-4K resolution bringing back real-world detail and...
- 4K UPSCALING: Whatever you watch, the Quantum Processor 4K transforms it to 4K with machine learning-based AI
- SMOOTH MOTION: Action movies, sports and games look fluid up to 4K 120Hz with Motion Xcelerator Turbo+
- DYNAMIC CONTRAST: See bold detail delivered by dedicated warm and cool Dual LED backlights that adjust in real time
- A BILLION BRILLIANT COLORS: Enjoy vivid, lifelike color, regardless of brightness from 100% Color Volume* with Quantum Dot
- EXPANDED COLOR RANGE: Go beyond HDTV with Quantum HDR that delivers a vivid spectrum of color and contrast to your Smart TV
- DIRECT FULL ARRAY BACKLIGHTING: Experience deep blacks and pure whites with an in-screen LED array.
- OBJECT TRACKING SOUND (6 speaker OTS - 60W, 2.2.2CH): Sound that moves with the action.* * 50" has OTS Lite"
- QUANTUM PROCESSOR 4K: Elevate your picture to 4K with machine based AI.
- 100% COLOR VOLUME WITH QUANTUM DOT: A billion stay-true shades of breathtaking color.* *QLED televisions can produce 100% Color Volume in the...
- QUANTUM HDR 12X: Cinematic detail with wider range of cinematic colors.* *The range of Quantum HDR claims luminance based on internal testing...
- OLED DISPLAY: Watch your content come to life in over 8 million pixels. Each pixel turns on and off independently so you'll see your content with...
- α9 GEN 4 AI PROCESSOR 4K: Picture and sound adjustment happen automatically with our best processor. The a9 Gen4 AI Processor 4K uses...
- GAME OPTIMIZER: Game Optimizer gives you easier access to all your game settings, while the latest HDMI allows for fast gaming speeds. Plus,...
- GOOGLE ASSISTANT & ALEXA BUILT IN: There’s no need for an extra device – just ask your TV for music, weather, news, your Amazon shopping...
- HOME CINEMA EXPERIENCE: Get breathtaking picture and audio that makes you feel like you're in the action with Cinema HDR, Dolby Vision IQ & Dolby...
- PICTURE PROCESSOR X1 ULTIMATE: Sony’s best processor analyzes content to bring out OLED’s intense contrast with pure blacks, peak brightness...
- OLED plus PIXEL CONTRAST BOOSTER: Millions of individual pixels are supercharged for more vibrant colors to complement absolute OLED black
- GAME MODE: Take your PlayStation experience to the next level with a Sony 4K gaming TV featuring dedicated Game Mode for a smoother, more...
- SMART ANDROID TV with GOOGLE ASSISTANT: Use your voice to control your TV and smart home devices, easily search for movies and shows, get...
- WORKS WITH ALEXA: Stream smart camera feeds with your voice. Through an Alexa enabled device, just ask Alexa to play music, launch video apps,...