There is no need to pay a huge amount of money to buy the best 4k smart TV for your requirements. Even budget TVs today will have a good picture quality and has fantastic smart features that remove the need to invest money on an external streaming device.
If you are searching for the best cheap smart TVs, we’ve analyzed the best budget TVs to buy. Also, see our recommendations for the best TVs under $500 and the best smart TVs.
Best Budget 4K TVs
1. Best Budget TV: Hisense 55H8F
The best budget TV we’ve reviewed so far is the Hisense 55H8F. Due to its outstanding contrast ratio and impressive black uniformity, this is a fantastic TV for darkroom watching. Blacks appear deep with the help of their local dimming feature and there’s very little blooming in dark scenes.
This Budget TV also has an impressive wide color gamut, delivering vivid, saturated colors in HDR content, but in certain views, its peak brightness is not able to bring out bright highlights. It’s bright enough to transcend glare and manage reflections.
Response time on this TV is somewhat on the slow side, but still decent. Behind fast-moving objects, there’s a noticeable blur, but thankfully it has an optional black frame insertion feature to help clean up the background.
For those searching for a game on this TV, input lag is remarkably low, and there is no support for any variable refresh rate technology and the refresh rate of the panel is reduced. Like most VA panels, viewing angles are rather poor, so it’s not the best choice for large rooms with wide seating arrangements.
This is the best budget TV, but its performance and features should still satisfy most people.
- Deep, uniform blacks.
- Excellent low input lag.
- Great peak brightness in SDR.
- Bad viewing angles.
- Slow response time.
2. Best Budget 4k TV: LG 49UM7300PUA
If you often host large parties to see a football game, then you’ll need a TV with improved viewing angles and gesture control, like the LG 49UM7300PUA. Unlike the Hisense H8F, this TV uses an IPS screen with far better viewing angles, and images don’t look blurred out even though you watch from the side.
The downside of most IPS frames, though, is their poor contrast ratio, rendering blacks appear grey when seen in the dark. While at the corners of the TV there is some vignetting, the gray uniformity is perfect, because there is very little dirty screen effect that can be distracting.
Response time and input lag are incredibly low, and it has an’ Active Low Lag Feature’ that is activated when the TV detects a game from a compatible gaming console like the Xbox One.
Overall, the Hisense performs better, but sports fans should consider the LG.
- Outstanding low input lag.
- The image remains accurate when viewed at an angle.
- Can’t produce deep, uniform blacks.
- HDR doesn’t add much.
3. Best Cheap smart TV: TCL 32S325
If the price is your primary concern then the TCL 3 Series/32S325 is the best cheap smart TV to buy. Overall it is a mediocre Series. There is no help for HDR or other specialized motion handling features such as interpolation of motion or possibility of removal of judder.
On the upside, if you’re looking for a secondary TV, particularly for a room where space is minimal, this TV will serve you well. This offers a decent picture quality in a dark space with rich blacks, but can’t get really friendly so it’s best matched to a darkened area.
This budget TV has a resolution of 1080p, which does not support native 4k. The 32 “model is limited to a 720p display (with the exception of the 32S327 variant). In the plus, all models use the same Roku smart TVs platform used in the higher-end TCL devices. The Roku system is simple, quick to use, and allows you access to a wide range of software that satisfies your requirements.
Overall this TV can’t compete with higher-end models, but it’s perfect as a secondary TV that doesn’t need top picture quality.
- Very low input lag.
- Excellent pre-calibration image accuracy.
- No HDR support.
- It cannot get bright.
- Doesn’t support 4k.
4. TCL 43S435, 2021 Model
If you don’t need all of the TCL 3 Series 2019 Roku TV smart features and you choose a larger Screen only to watch Free-To-Air channels, then get the TCL 43S435, 2021 Model. It offers good image quality but has no advanced tools to help you enhance the quality of the picture.
It has almost no smart features, but as a simple display, it will support you well. To transform it into a smart device, you can attach an Android TV box or an Apple TV if you wish. When you just have specific demands on your Pc, this TV should support well.
While the TCL S325 is the best cheap smart TV with a full set of smart features, the TCL 43S435 will do the job if you don’t care about smart features, and it’s considerably larger as well.
- Great contrast makes blacks look deep
- Could be brighter
- Image quality degrades when viewed from an angle
- Cannot play 24p content without judder
5. Best Value For Size TV: TCL 65S525
Since prices fluctuate significantly during this period of the year, the best offer for size TV is hard to pinpoint. However, the 2019 TCL 5 Series/65S525 is a very decent choice for this award. While it is in the best budget TV, due to its very thin bezels and metal accents it is a 65 inch TV with a fairly premium look.
It features a wide range of colors, which is important to view HDR content and offers dark, uniform blacks, even without a local dimming feature.
Thanks to its good peak brightness for SDR material, this cheap TV should have no trouble resolving glare in bright rooms, but unfortunately, it doesn’t get quite bright enough for HDR content to pop up in the way it should. This is a great TV for gamers. However, thanks to its outstanding low input lag and great response time, resulting in a responsive gaming experience with only a short blur trail behind fast-moving objects.
Unfortunately, the picture degrades at an angle, so maybe this isn’t the ideal TV to watching sports for a wide range of people. It’s also not the best option to watch HDR content since it can’t get quite bright enough to pop up, but it still does a decent job, especially for this price point. Overall, this is a good TV for most uses and offers great value for its price.
- Deep, uniform blacks
- Outstanding low input lag
- Image degrades at an angle
- PWM flicker at low brightness levels
6. Best Cheap Smart TV: TCL 65S425
If you’re looking for a 65 inch” in the best budget TV but don’t want to pay too much, get the 2019 TCL 4 Series 65S425. It doesn’t have a wide range of colors as the 2019 TCL 5 Series / S525 and doesn’t get almost as vivid, but it’s a bit cheap TV and has great handling of reflection.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear as premium as the other TCL, with thinner, plastic bezels, and for its lack of a wide color gamut and significantly dimmer display, its picture quality isn’t as good. At the upside, it performs better reflections handling work and is perfect if you have a number of lights in front of the smart TV.
Basically, if you want the best value for size TV with loads of new apps and functionality at a really low price, grab the 5 Series, but if you don’t like a lower quality image and want to save some bucks, go for the 4 Series.
- Very low input lag, great for games.
- Great smart features.
- Can’t get bright enough.
- Image degrades when viewed at an angle.
7. Insignia NS-43DF710NA21 43-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV – Fire TV Edition
The Insignia Fire TV is a good 4k television with a high-resolution image. It has a strong native contrast ratio and creates intense blacks, but unfortunately, they aren’t quite consistent and the absence of local dimming can’t help enhance dark scenes ‘ look.
The picture easily degrades when viewed from the side and a big space with a wide seating configuration is not a good choice. This smart TV embraces HDR, however, it is unable to give aim to the creators. This Insignia TV is really well equipped with voice assistant Amazon Alexa.
- Excellent native contrast
- Powerful Alexa voice assistant
- Bad color accuracy
- Amazon Prime account is required for many functions
- Bad viewing angles
8. Best Budget TV – Sceptre X322bv sr tv
Sceptre X322bv sr tv is the best 4k LED TV and it is the cheap smart TV. The Sceptre X322bv sr comes with decent picture quality and has very good clear and accurate images that appear on the screen. This model supports the HD image quality and 3D support to watch movies to the users. so the user will experience a better viewing in 3D and love this TV for its features provided by the manufacturer.
This budget TV is lightweight and people can lift it easily and mount the TV on the wall without any struggle. It has been integrated with 2 speakers that will get a better sound without disturbance. The video interface supports the component, composite and HDMI quality videos. It has 2 HDMI ports in the backside.
According to the Sceptre X322BV-SR specs, it has everything you need for the contemporary LCD video: The huge 32-inch display with HD picture level, 3D support, and all great video and audio formats. This image looks very impressive, as well as quality and clarity.
The television makes up no way at all. I consider being able to pull it up and do it with one side. Open QAM tuner is included to make TV transfer as easy as possible, without the antenna. HDMI information delivers the unbeatable combination of high-definition recording and light sound.
The USB interface comes in handy when you need to turn through all of the stored photos and tune into the stored music. And some furtherer theories: HDMI, VGA, etc.
- A very affordable price (just $ 150).
- High-quality 32-inch screen with HD TV.
- Small size and weight of the TV. Very easy to move.
- Supports 3D.
- For the TV of 2016, it would be able to have at least a full HD.
- It doesn’t support MOV video format.
Our suggestions above are what we found is the best cheap smart TVs for gaming available in the market. These are the best budget TVs to buy for most people. We factor in the price, feedback from visitors, and availability. We have analyzed the features and functions of each product and reviewed our best for the buyers.
If you would like to do the work of choosing yourself, here is the list of all our reviews of TVs that are less than $500. Be careful not to get too caught up in the details. While no TV is perfect, most TVs are great enough to please almost everyone, and the differences are often not noticeable unless you really look for them.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon:
- DYNAMIC CRYSTAL COLOR: A fine crystal layer reveals millions of true-to-life colors.
- CRYSTAL PROCESSOR 4K: Intelligent, ultra-fast optimization of 4K content
- SMART TV WITH MULTIPLE VOICE ASSISTANTS: Access apps and streaming services right on your TV with your voice.
- 3 HDMI PORTS: Connect up to 3 devices with HDMI.
- HDR: Unveils shades of color that go beyond HDTV.
- Fire TV brings together live-over-the air TV and your streaming content on the home screen. Connect any HD antenna (sold separately) to watch...
- Experience breathtaking 4K Ultra HD picture quality with over 8 million pixels for stunning clarity, deep contrast and vivid colors. Watch movies...
- Everything you’d expect from a remote – plus launch apps, search for TV shows, switch inputs, control smart home devices and more, using just...
- This TV is smart and simple in every way. Just plug it in, connect to Wi-Fi and enjoy. Plus, your TV keeps getting smarter with new Alexa skills...
- Item arrives in packaging that reveals what’s inside and can’t be hidden.
- See all your content in one place - Fire TV brings live, over-the-air TV, streaming channels, and your favorite apps together onto one convenient...
- Regza Engine 4K is Toshiba’s high performance 4K engine for stunning picture quality, with ultra essential PQ technology combined with high...
- 4 times resolution of Full HD, four times the detail. With Toshiba 4K TV, you can enjoy uncompromisingly crisp, clear visuals for a fully...
- Dolby Vision HDR and HDR10 transforms your TV into an entertainment powerhouse. The image technology from cinemas, now brought together in the...
- DTS Virtual: X technology is a scalable and versatile advanced post processing package that creates an immersive audio experience by virtualizing...
- Voice remote with Alexa: Use your voice to watch live TV, launch apps, search for titles, play music, switch inputs, control smart home devices,...
- Endless Entertainment: Watch over 500,000 streaming movies and TV episodes with access to tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills.
- Access your favorite content: Fire TV seamlessly integrates live over-the-air TV and streaming channels on a unified home screen.
- Watch high dynamic range (HDR) content on your TV: With an HDR-compatible 4K TV, you can enjoy HDR movies and TV shows, in addition to all your...
- Item arrives in packaging that reveals what’s inside and can’t be hidden.
- 4K HDR PROCESSOR X1 – Powerful TV processing that delivers a picture that is smooth and clear, full of rich colors and detailed contrast.
- TRILUMINOS PRO – Reproduces more colors than a conventional TV resulting in picture quality that is natural and precise, and closer than ever...
- GOOGLE TV – Seamlessly browse 700,000+ movies and TV episodes from across your favorite streaming services, all in one place. Watch content...
- MOTIONFLOW XR – On-screen motion stays smooth and clear, allowing fast moving sequences in sports, action movies, and games to be seen with...
- 4K X-REALITY PRO – Our unique 4K database upscales all the HD content you love to near-4K resolution bringing back real-world detail and...
- 4K HDR PROCESSOR X1: See premium 4K pictures, rich with real-world detail and texture. Upscale everything you watch to near-4K with 4K X-Reality...
- TRILUMINOS Display: See exactly what the creator intended with advanced color and gradation
- GAME MODE: Take your PlayStation experience to the next level with a Sony 4K gaming TV featuring dedicated Game Mode for a smoother, more...
- SMART ANDROID TV with GOOGLE ASSISTANT: Use your voice to control your TV and smart home devices, easily search for movies and shows, get...
- WORKS WITH ALEXA: Stream smart camera feeds with your voice. Through an Alexa enabled device, just ask Alexa to play music, launch video apps,...
- Dolby Vison HDR: Dolby Vision transforms your TV experience with dramatic imaging – incredible brightness, contrast, and color that bring...
- 4K Ultra HD: With over 8 million pixels, 4 times the resolution of 1080p - enjoy every scene with breathtaking detail.
- Full Array Backlight: LEDs are evenly distributed across the screen's backlight for superior light uniformity and picture performance.
- VIZIO IQ Active 4K HDR Processor: Inside, the lightning-fast IQ Active processor delivers superior picture processing, and more intelligent 4K...
- Active Pixel Tuning: Intelligent pixel-level brightness adjustments for increased picture accuracy and contrast.