The television market is dominated by LED TVs. Every year manufacturers produce a wide number of models with various features. Their biggest benefit is their brightness, which helps them to get almost twice as bright as OLEDs, and the fact they are not susceptible to burn-in.
Our recommendations for the best LED TVs you can buy in 2022 are below. See also our best TV recommendations, the best 4k TVs.
10 Best LED TV to Buy
1. Best LED TV: Samsung Q80/Q80R QLED
The best overall LED TV we’ve reviewed so far is the Samsung Q80/Q80R QLED. This TV’s performance is low when compared to the higher-end Samsung Q90/Q90R QLED, it’s considerably cheaper and the differences between the two actually don’t make it worth the drop in prices for most people.
This is an outstanding TV for all needs and it has a really quality and very well-constructed style which should look good in any setup.
Due to its very fine contrast and local dimming, this TV shows relatively deep and rich blacks. It can get very light, making it a great choice for well-lit rooms and a great TV for viewing HDR content paired with its wide color gamut.
It has a very fast response time which ensures you shouldn’t see too much of a blurry path behind fast-moving objects and it even has a decently good viewing angle for a VA panel TV. It also has an incredibly low input latency, a simple Auto Small Latency Mode, and facilitates nearly tear-free gameplay in FreeSync.
Read More – Samsung Q80/Q80R QLED
2. Vizio P Series Quantum X
If you want an excellent LED TV but want to pay much less, go to Quantum X 2019 for the Vizio P Series. This doesn’t have almost as large viewing angles as the Samsung Q80/Q80R QLED and removes modern gaming features like FreeSync, but it’s the best TV we’ve reviewed so far and it’s accessible for far cheaper.
HDR material looks amazing due to its extremely bright screen and outstandingly large color gamut, which should pop the way the creator intended. It still has much better motion handling than the Samsung, and when viewing sports there will be few to no visible blurring in motion.
If you play a lot of games or need wider viewing angles, go for the Samsung, but if you want to pay a little less but still get a completely excellent HDR quality Screen, get the Vizio.
Read more – Vizio P Series
3. Best LED TV For Color Accuracy: Sony X900F
The Sony X900F is the best LED TV for color accuracy we’ve reviewed so far, if you want the most accurate picture. This TV provides excellent picture quality, an impressive contrast ratio, a decent full variety of local dimming technology, and high peak brightness. It has excellent precision, one of the best LED TV for color accuracy we’ve measured so far, and has a great wide range of colors, which is essential for a successful HDR experience.
Thanks to the outstanding response time, an almost flicker-free backlight and a flexible motion interpolation feature, this TV has excellent motion handling. It also has an optional black frame insertion feature, but you might see visible duplications while playing 60Hz video, as it can’t flicker at 60Hz.
The image degrades just like most VA panel TVs when presented from the edge, so you should be sitting directly in front to enjoy the best frame.
Read more – Sony X900F
4. Samsung Q70/Q70R QLED- Best LED TV for Gaming
If you find the Sony X900F’s gaming output limited due to the lack of external game features, then get the Samsung Q70/Q70R. You won’t get the Sony’s reflex handling or pre-calibration color accuracy, but the Samsung is without a doubt an outstanding LED TV overall.
This provides a great quality picture with deep blacks and can get bright enough to fight glare in almost every space. It has a very low input lag, and it’s filled with game apps such as support for the FreeSync variable refresh rate for almost tear-free gameplay with an Xbox One or a compatible video card device.
If the most important criteria for your decision are color accuracy and darkroom performance, go with the best color accuracy LED: The Sony. However, Samsung is a great choice when you care about advanced gaming apps without much compromise in the quality of the pictures.
5. Best LED TV for Budget: Hisense H9F
The Hisense H9F is the best budget LED TV we’ve reviewed for those who believe the Sony X900F is too costly. It is a TV which in most uses delivers very good performance. Thanks to the high contrast ratio and a full array of local dimming help it shows deep blacks in a dark room.
It has a great color gamut and can display HDR content with vivid color and highlights that pop.
Unfortunately, when presented from the side, the picture loses accuracy, but this is normal in most VA panel TVs. Due to the fast response time and the optional black frame inserting feature, motion handling is outstanding on the upside, and it has an excellent low input lag, ideal for gaming or use as a PC monitor.
Read more – Hisense H9F
6. Hisense H8F
When you choose an even better option to the Hisense H9F, have a look at its lowe model, the Hisense H8F. You won’t get the other Hisense’s crisp motion, although HDR’s peak brightness isn’t of the same high level. This is a great LED TV for the price on the upside and will keep you happy with its results no matter how useful it is.
Overall, the Hisense H9F is a better option to buy if you care for motion blur and want the crisper image; otherwise, the H8F will keep you happy and will save you some money.
Read more – Hisense H8F
7. Samsung Q90T
The Samsung Q90T is an outstanding 4k LED TV with outstanding picture quality. It has a strong native contrast ratio, fantastic local support for dimming, and outstanding black uniformity to offer deep blacks in a dark room. The TV can get very bright in both SDR and HDR, and has a broad range of colors that allows it to offer HDR content full of bright colors and highlights that display.
The viewing angles are good due to the’ Ultra Viewing Angle ‘ technology, although the TV has a VA screen. The handling of motions is outstanding and thanks to the very quick response time the image is crisp. The Q90T allows tear-free gameplay with FreeSync and has a very low input latency that renders it sensitive.
8. Sony Master Series Z9F
The Sony Master Series Z9F is a best LED TV that delivers deep, dark colors and high-picture quality with balanced saturation and color contrast. The new X- wide-angle system present in the Sony Master Series provides wider viewing angles that are present in VA panels.
It has an outstanding HDMI system featured with low input lag and supports HDMI 2.0 – complete bandwidth for all four HDMI interfaces. The Android 8.0 smart device is much faster than the previous Sony models.
Due to its dedicated center screen, this 3.1 configuration does a great job of clearly reproducing dialog which ensures you should have no problem hearing speech about background music and sound effects.
It has a decent bass response thanks to its dedicated wireless subwoofer, making it a fine choice for movies too. Unfortunately, while this soundbar supports Atmos, its lack of satellites or upward-firing speakers means the soundstage isn’t very open, and all objects sound as if they’re coming from in front of you.
Read more – Sony Master Series Z9F
9. Sony X950 G
The Sony X950 G is the best LED tv with great quality images. Thanks to its strong native contrast ratio and a full array of local dimming help, it can view deep blacks in a dark room. It can get very bright and offers great HDR production filled with clear, vibrant highlights.
It has excellent motion handling, due to an almost instant response time that makes the image look crisp and leaves items with very little blur trail. The input lag very low makes it an excellent choice for gamers searching for a very responsive television.
Unfortunately, just like most VA panels, it has narrow viewing angles and those seated on the side will not experience the same great picture quality.
Read more – Sony X950 G
10. Vizio V Series
The 2019 Vizio V Series is an entry-level budget 4k LED TV with good picture quality. It has a high native contrast ratio that provides deep blacks but lacks a local dimming function to enhance performance in dark rooms. In SDR the television can become decently light, but not bright enough in HDR. It has no wide color gamut and can not produce an HDR picture that shines with saturated colors and highlights.
Motion on the Vizio V Series looks smooth but it has a slightly long blur trail for fast-moving content. Unfortunately, the screen lacks any advanced features that allow the action to look crisper. It has a low input lag great for casual gaming.
Our suggestions above are what we think are best LED TVs available in the market. These are the best LED TV to buy in every price range for you. We have analyzed the features and functions of each product and reviewed our best for the buyers.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon:
- Dimensions (w x h x d): TV without stand: 38.2 x 22.4 x3 inches, tv with stand: 38.2 inches x 24.5 inches x 7.6 inches
- Smart functionality delivers all your favorite content with over 500,000 movies and tv episodes, accessible through the simple and intuitive roku...
- Pairs 4k ultra HD picture clarity with the contrast, color, and detail of high dynamic range (HDR) for the most lifelike picture
- Direct lit led produces great picture quality. Panel resolution 3840 x 2160. Accessible Menu System (CVAA) : Yes
- Inputs: 3 HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 (one with HDMI ARC), 1 USB (media player), RF, Composite, Headphone Jack, Optical Audio Out
- HANDPICKED BY AMAZON: They did the research so you don’t have to.
- DYNAMIC CRYSTAL COLOR: Witness millions of shades of color through powerful Dynamic Crystal technology
- CRYSTAL PROCESSOR 4K: See every detail with stunning clarity; The powerful processor, specifically tuned for Crystal Displays, converts what...
- BUILT-IN VOICE ASSISTANTS: Access a world of content beyond streaming; Schedule recordings, search, auto-adjust gaming settings, seamlessly...
- HDR: Enjoy a whole new world of vivid color and detail found in newer films and streaming service content with HDR, also known as High Dynamic...
- 4K Ultra HD: 1080p’s bigger, better looking brother. It has four times the resolution of a regular Full HD screen, along with 8.3 million...
- Dolby Vision HDR and HDR10: Cinema technology for your home. We’re talking more detail in the shadows, visibly clearer highlights and...
- Auto Low Latency Game Mode: Who wants to adjust their TV’s settings for gaming. Not us and we’re guessing not you. Luckily, Auto Low Latency...
- Android TV: Customize your Android TV home screen to display your favorite apps, shows, and movies. Cue the latest episode, pick up where you...
- Google Assistant: Press the Google Assistant button on your remote to do more on your TV with your voice. Ask Google to search for the latest...
- 4K HDR PROCESSOR X1 – Powerful TV processing that delivers a picture that is smooth and clear, full of rich colors and detailed contrast.
- TRILUMINOS PRO – Reproduces more colors than a conventional TV resulting in picture quality that is natural and precise, and closer than ever...
- GOOGLE TV – Seamlessly browse 700,000+ movies and TV episodes from across your favorite streaming services, all in one place. Watch content...
- MOTIONFLOW XR – On-screen motion stays smooth and clear, allowing fast moving sequences in sports, action movies, and games to be seen with...
- 4K X-REALITY PRO – Our unique 4K database upscales all the HD content you love to near-4K resolution bringing back real-world detail and...
- 4K UPSCALING: Whatever you watch, the Quantum Processor 4K transforms it to 4K with machine learning-based AI
- SMOOTH MOTION: Action movies, sports and games look fluid up to 4K 120Hz with Motion Xcelerator Turbo+
- DYNAMIC CONTRAST: See bold detail delivered by dedicated warm and cool Dual LED backlights that adjust in real time
- A BILLION BRILLIANT COLORS: Enjoy vivid, lifelike color, regardless of brightness from 100% Color Volume* with Quantum Dot
- EXPANDED COLOR RANGE: Go beyond HDTV with Quantum HDR that delivers a vivid spectrum of color and contrast to your Smart TV
- HANDPICKED BY AMAZON: They did the research so you don’t have to.
- DIRECT FULL ARRAY BACKLIGHTING: Experience deep blacks and pure whites with an in-screen LED array.
- OBJECT TRACKING SOUND (6 speaker OTS - 60W, 2.2.2CH): Sound that moves with the action.* * 50" has OTS Lite"
- QUANTUM PROCESSOR 4K: Elevate your picture to 4K with machine based AI.
- 100% COLOR VOLUME WITH QUANTUM DOT: A billion stay-true shades of breathtaking color.* *QLED televisions can produce 100% Color Volume in the...
- OLED DISPLAY: Watch your content come to life in over 8 million pixels. Each pixel turns on and off independently so you'll see your content with...
- α9 GEN 4 AI PROCESSOR 4K: Picture and sound adjustment happen automatically with our best processor. The a9 Gen4 AI Processor 4K uses...
- GAME OPTIMIZER: Game Optimizer gives you easier access to all your game settings, while the latest HDMI allows for fast gaming speeds. Plus,...
- GOOGLE ASSISTANT & ALEXA BUILT IN: There’s no need for an extra device – just ask your TV for music, weather, news, your Amazon shopping...
- HOME CINEMA EXPERIENCE: Get breathtaking picture and audio that makes you feel like you're in the action with Cinema HDR, Dolby Vision IQ & Dolby...
- PICTURE PROCESSOR X1 ULTIMATE: Sony’s best processor analyzes content to bring out OLED’s intense contrast with pure blacks, peak brightness...
- OLED plus PIXEL CONTRAST BOOSTER: Millions of individual pixels are supercharged for more vibrant colors to complement absolute OLED black
- GAME MODE: Take your PlayStation experience to the next level with a Sony 4K gaming TV featuring dedicated Game Mode for a smoother, more...
- SMART ANDROID TV with GOOGLE ASSISTANT: Use your voice to control your TV and smart home devices, easily search for movies and shows, get...
- WORKS WITH ALEXA – Through an Alexa enabled device, ask Alexa to change channels, adjust volume, and turn your TV on/off