Almost every television set on the market today has smart features in the digital world. Natural scrolling on a trackpad and physical keys for each letter of the alphabet will help access lists on smart TV keyboards.Table could not be displayed.
The Logitech K600 TV Keyboard is a convenient, familiar, and easy-to-use keyboard that optimises the user’s navigation experience. We’ve compiled a list of the best smart TV keyboards on the market to assist you in selecting the best one for your viewing needs.
Why Should you Buy a Smart TV Keyboard?
Smart TV keyboards are capable of much more than just typing in search queries. Your viewing preferences can be brought up to date with quick access to advanced features, natural browsing across lists or Apps, and more.
The Logitech K600 TV keyboard is the one to use if you’re looking for the perfect texting and navigation experience. This traditional-styled keyboard has a familiar shape and scale, but with additional features including an easy-to-use directional pad and dedicated media keys that are perfect for the living room. This keyboard is worth the price of entry because of its best-in-class range and 12-month battery life.
|BEST OVERALL||BEST VALUE||HONORABLE MENTION|
|Check on Amazon||Check on Amazon||Check on Amazon|
|If you have a smart TV made after 2016 and need a seamless PC-like control setup, this is the keyboard for you.||This keyboard is certainly a handy little product, wireless transmitting signal to a large variety of gadgets, including smart TVs, video game consoles.||This is a wireless keyboard controller with Bluetooth built-in, making it easy to turn to your phone or tablet into a computer, in addition to integrating nicely with most smart TVs.|
|Large precision touchpad. Convenient D-pad interface. Ergonomic design. Optimized for 4K LG, Samsung, and Sony smart TVs. 49 foot range. 12 month battery life.||Works with a large variety of televisions and gadgets Backlight is the perfect brightness Handheld form factor is neat with many color options||Very speedy connection with no lag Can be charged via USB|
|Backlit keys would have been a nice feature.||Control gestures takes a bit to get used to Signal range isn’t the best Instructions are poorly written||May be too small for large hands Trackpad does not work with PlayStations Not compatible with Windows computers|
Things to Consider Before Buying a Smart TV Keyboard
1. Maximum Wireless Distance
Since living rooms come in all shapes and sizes, you’ll want to make sure that any keyboard you buy can work in any corner of the room you’ll be using it in. We made sure that any keyboard we suggested has a wireless range of at least 20 feet, with many reaching 40 feet. Many of the products on the preceding list connect wirelessly using the industry standard 2.4 GHz radio frequency, and signal interference should be limited, if at all.
2. Keyboard Size and Weight
Although many Smart TV keyboards have a simple interface, they can be too small for those with normal or large hands. Since you’ll be using the keyboard to access menus and enter search keywords, you’ll want something that allows you to type quickly. The majority of the items mentioned above are ideal for all adults, with the exception of keyboards that provide full portability. When it comes to weight, the lighter the better, particularly if you’ll be using the keyboard for long periods of time. Many of the items on the preceding list are lighter than regular keyboards.
3. Functionality With a Wide Variety of TVs and Gadgets
We wanted to keep it simple, so we chose keyboards that would fit with the vast majority of modern television sets and related devices, such as streaming media players. The majority of these keyboards operate with a USB receiver that can be plugged into any device. Some streaming services, such as those made by Amazon, are incompatible with some media keyboards. You might have difficulty with any of the shortcut keys, despite the fact that they are still functional. None of the items mentioned above include any drivers or other software to run, providing plug-and-play functionality right out of the box.
Best keyboard for your smart TV
1. Best Overall: Logitech K600 TV
The K600 TV keyboard from Logitech takes the familiar electronic keyboard to the large screen. This is the perfect keyboard for those looking for the finest typing experience, with standard size buttons, a generously spaced trackpad, and familiar function keys located at the end. Logitech incorporated a handy directional pad and mouse keys to the basic keyboard configuration, allowing two-handed operation with only your thumbs. The flat keyboard on the K600 is ideal for typing when it is sitting on your lap.
Rounding out the feature set is an impressive operating range of 49 feet and a 12-month battery life using just 2 AAA batteries. Best of all, the K600TV can also double as a keyboard for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac.
- Dedicated media keys
- Laptop like trackpad
- 12-month battery life
- Large Size
- Not backlit
- Limited Compatibility
2. Rii 2.4GHz Mini Wireless Keyboard
With a cute form factor that fits in the palm of your hand, this keyboard is definitely a useful little device, wireless communication transmitting signal to a wide range of devices, including smart TVs, video game consoles, smartphones, and tablets. This is an excellent keyboard for those who value portability over all things, since it can easily be packed into a backpack and used anywhere other than your living room.
The Rii 2.4GHz Mini Wireless Keyboard is compatible with a wide range of operating systems, including Android, Mac OS, Windows, Raspberry Pi, XBOX, and PlayStation. It’s compatible with a wide range of devices, including PCs, tablets, Raspberry Pi 2-3, Mac OS, PS3 and PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, and the Google Android TV box. The keyboard is tiny, about the size of a remote control, and it comes in a range of stylish colours to match the look of your living room. It also has a good backlight, which makes using it at night a breeze. It can also be charged via USB, which adds towards its comfort.
It has 3 components in one device: a mini wireless QWERTY keyboard, a TouchPad combo, and LED backlit keys with a USB interface adapter. Multi-finger features are available on the touchPad combo: one finger click for left cursor, two-finger click for right mouse, and double finger drag for rolling screen.
- Works with a large variety of televisions and gadgets Backlight is the perfect brightness Handheld form factor is neat with many color options
- Control gestures takes a bit to get used to Signal range isn’t the best Instructions are poorly written
3. Fosmon Portable Lightweight Mini Keyboard
The Fosmon Portable Lightweight Mini is a small keyboard that comes with built-in Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity, enabling you to power any smart TV, streaming mobile screen, tablet, or phone that supports the technology. It also has a backlight and can be charged via USB, making it a must-have for any modern living room. The device is compact and thin, weighing just 8 ounces and having a wireless range of approximately 33 feet.
Although the touchpad was sensitive and did the job, we found that the slim form factor (no full keyboard) was too small for larger hands, particularly when executing complex gestures. When attempting to control a PlayStation 4, we found that the keyboard worked well but the touchpad did not. You can see for yourself by comparing the features to the best keyboard.
- Very speedy connection with no lag Can be charged via USB
- May be too small for large hands Trackpad does not work with PlayStations Not compatible with Windows computers
4. Mini Keyboard,Rii X8 Portable
Mini Keyboard,Rii X8 Portable is a real plug-and-play computer that works with a wide range of devices, including smart TVs, laptops, game consoles, and projectors, as soon as the USB receiver is plugged in. Thanks to the 4.4″ touchpad and anti-slip backface, the keyboard has an ultra-compact size while also being ideal for people with larger hands.
The backlit keyboard has a variety of colour and brightness choices, but the function keys do not light up, which may be a problem if you use these keys to map complex interactions. We liked that the battery could be charged via USB, but we found that it did not get a lot of juice from a charge, just around 3-5 hours if you use the backlight, but it does have an auto sleep feature that helps save battery power. It’s fantastic for viewing the best streaming movies on your screen.
- Very light weight; just 4 oz. Backlight has multiple brightness options Touchpad is huge, despite small keyboard size
- Home button doesn’t work with some Android TV boxes Battery life is short, 3-5 hours with backlight on Backlight is nice, but function keys are not lit
5. PONYBRO Backlit Mini Wireless Keyboard
PONYBRO Backlit Mini Wireless Keyboard has almost all of the features you’d like in a product like this, including an incredible full wireless range, connectivity with smart TVs and gadgets, a big touchpad with responsive motion control, and a rechargeable battery that last about a week on a single charge. It also has a backlight that comes in seven different colours. This keyboard is a perfect deal because it has all of these features at a lower-than-average price point.
The keyboard has a sleep feature that helps to save battery life, but we found that it went to sleep much too easily for our taste, in less than a minute. Even though the keyboard supports Amazon’s Fire Stick, several of the easy access keys do not fit for it.
- Backlight has multiple brightness options Battery holds charge for a week Large variety of quick access keys
- Keyboard goes to sleep too quickly No Bluetooth Some of the functions do not work with Fire TV Stick
6. AMBOLOVE Mini Wireless Keyboard
The AMBOLOVE Mini Wireless Keyboard is a low-cost device that maintains much of the functionality of its higher-priced cousins, such as the ability to connect to any TV or computer with a USB port, a multi-colored and fully customizable backlight, a pair of analogue media wheels, and a rechargeable battery that lasts around a week even with consistent use. While it isn’t the lightest item on the list, the handheld style made it a joy to use. There’s even a full QWERTY keyboard.
Although the media wheels are perfect for pausing and rewinding on the move, the touchpad is on the small side, measuring just over an inch, requiring larger hands to contort into odd shapes to produce the appropriate movements for advanced control options.
- Media controls make it very easy to use Keyboard is low priced Backlight is fully adjustable and can go bright
- Touchpad is small, just over an inch No Bluetooth Does not function with Amazon Fire Stick
Our suggestions above are what we found the Best Smart TV Keyboards available in the market. These are the Best Smart TV Keyboards to buy in every price range for you. We have analyzed the features and functions of each product and reviewed our best for the buyers.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon:
- 【Mini Wireless Keyboard Remote】The 2.4GHz mini wireless keyboard is connected by USB dongle(included), easy to use. Built-in sensitive...
- 【Touchpad and Hotkeys】Mini wireless QWERTY keyboard with multi-finger touchpad and mouse left & right buttons is easy to type/copy/paste....
- 【7 Colors Backlit and Rechargeable Li-ion Battery】The 2.4G mini wireless handheld keyboard has 7 colors of backlit mode. Easy to use even in...
- 【Wireless RF Remote and Mini Size】The 2.4GHz mini keyboard remote can be easily connected to your devices by USB dongle(included). If there...
- 【Widely Compatible】It can be used as a keyboard remote control for Android TV box, smart TV, PC, x-box, desktop, laptop, smart phone, Sony...
- 【Mini bluetooth keyboard remote】: Support Bluetooth 4.0 (Built-in Bluetooth, No Dongle Required). Just pair the Bluetooth keyboard with your...
- 【Backlit keyboard with touchpad】: Supports use in dark rooms, white LED backlight allows you to operate the multimedia keyboard clearly in...
- 【Handheld keyboard rechargeable】: Built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery, the power can last up to several weeks with fully charged
- 【Portable QWERTY keypad】: QWERTY keypad handheld design is small and portable, which is convenient to carry around
- 【Wide compatibility】:Mini wireless keyboard for fire TV stick/ fire TV box /Smart tv/ Raspberry Pi, Android TV box Note：The working...
- [Mini Wireless keyboard and Mouse Combo]Rii mini 2.4G wireless keyboard and mouse ,it is compatible with HTPC,smart TV,TV BOX running Android...
- [With the Touchpad]This touchpad is activated together with the keyboard.When the keyboard is on ,the keyboard is ready for use.You will enjoy...
- [Auto Sleep and Wake-up Feature]The keyboard suooprts auto sleep and wake-up.Without opreation around 3 minutes,the keyboard will enter sleep...
- Air mouse function relies on specific keys to activate,in the open status,the mouse will follow your gesture in any direction.
- This device used the built-in lithium-ion battery,please use only approved data cables and chargers
- Support Bluetooth 4.0 and 2.4GHz RF connections: no extra clutter because it has Bluetooth built in (No dongle required). just pair the Bluetooth...
- UPGRADED wireless keyboard: built-in Rechargeable lithium-ion battery control it in your home theater(xbmc media center) wireless remotely on...
- Superior compatibility: Bluetooth wireless keyboard with 2.4G dongle for fire stick new Fire TV Box Apple iOS iPad Pro Mini 4 iPhone x Android...
- Perfect size and rechargeable battery: convenient and lightweight pocket sized Dual mode Mini Wireless Bluetooth keyboard perfect for gaming and...
- We promise 100% Satisfactory after-sales service, Up to 12-month quality guarantee and 30 days money back Warranty.Package Contents: Rii MINI...
- 🔥【Multifunctional Air Remote Control】- 2.4G wireless keyboard and mouse combo, 6-Axis inertia sensors and infrared remote control.Air...
- 🔥【Plug and Play】- Smart TV Wireless Keyboard with 3-Gyro + 3-Gsensor, it’s more convenient to operate in horizontal and vertical mode...
- 🔥【Strong Compatibility】- Supports System - Windows/Android/MAC OS/Linux. Applicable to: Android TV Box/PC/Smart TV/Projector/HTPC/All in...
- 🔥【Auto sleep and wake up feature】- When the remote control for 15 seconds withot any operation,the fly mouse into sleep mode,blue light is...
- 【3-Colors Backlight】Wireless 3-Colors Backlight keyboard in Red ,Blue and Green colors for a darkness input.
- 【Big Trackpad】First big size trackpad with sensetive Multi-point function Touch keyboard ,Zoom in /out with two fingers.
- 【Multi-Media Functions】Green colors Multi Media buttons as shortcut keys ,wireless connection keyboard.
- 【System Compatibility】Wireless keyboard could work with Android TV BOX ,Smart TV ,PC ,Android ,Windows ,Mac OS(some media function could not...
- 【Warranty Term】12-month warranty .Any problem during use ,send message to support team to help you solve the problems