Dropping cable and satellite subscriptions in favour of streaming media platforms has been recognised as cord-cutting.
There’s a lot of free live television on the table as a result of this. To tune into TV stations the old-fashioned way, what you need is an antenna (in high-definition with digital signals, of course). An best TV antenna attached to your TV is the way to go if you want to catch up with local programming or just want more variety than what you can stream.
You don’t need to waste a lot of money on an antenna to get the channels you want, and the antennas we’ve listed are proof of that. It’s designed for better reception of VHF and UHF signals and is compatible with both HDTV and 4K TV brands. It has a weighted rubber base and feet that allow it to stick to your tabletop without scratching it, and it offers numerous channels. See also our recommendations on the best Android TV Box, the best Amazon Fire Stick, the best Soundbars for TVs, and the best TV Stands for Entertainment System Setup.
Best TV Antennas – Reviews
1. 1byone Indoor Amplified HDTV
The 1Byone Amplified HDTV Antenna is made of a heavier, more durable plastic that can withstand more violence than other flimsier TV antennas. However, the additional durability has drawbacks. The cable isn’t removable, and the double-sided tape can’t be recycled. But apart from that, you’ll get a powerful antenna that, according to Amazon users, can pick up anywhere from 12 to 42 channels. The best value for users who want long-distance channel reception without spending a lot of money.
- Provides amplified reception and a 50-mile channel range at a value price.
- The easy setup and streamlined design are comparable to costlier models.
- The suction mounting does not work well on all surfaces.
- It May does not work as well if placed far from a window.
2. Winegard FL5500A FlatWave
This amplified indoor TV antenna has a 50-mile multi-directional coverage and supports 4K resolution. You’ll need to insert an amplifier into the wall so it’s amplified, so you may need an extension cord if you need to be creative with the TV antenna placement. This TV antenna, according to one Amazon customer, will receive up to 60 channels. If you live a long way from a TV station, the extra range offered by this Winegard antenna can be useful. An amplified model that reaches up to 50 miles, especially when placed close to windows.
- Streamlined design.
- Clear Circuit technology provides vivid picture quality.
- Amplified noise is ultra-low.
- Extra-long 18-foot cable may be too much for some users and can be awkward if the extra length is not needed.
3. ClearStream Eclipse TV Antenna
The ClearStream Eclipse is one of the best TV antenna choices for inside your house, with the potential to pick up anything from 20 to 60 channels (depending on where you live). It not only grabs channels from the sky like Mr Miyagi with a pair of chopsticks, but its circular design also helps with home decor. This TV antenna is as attractive as it is functional.
- The design is minimalist and the antennae blend in well.
- Supports up to 4K resolutions.
- Smart IC chip filters out FM signals for cleaner picture and lower noise.
- The range is 90 to 120 miles.
- Some channels toward the end of the range may be slightly pixelated.
4. Mohu Leaf Supreme Pro
The Mohu Leaf Supreme Pro is a marginally more expensive but capable antenna that goes wide to bring in more stations. This chunky antenna, which is bigger and heavier than most flat antennas, has a built-in amplifier and an integrated signal-strength metre to help you find the best place for pulling in channels.
And pull in channels it does, with more than 40 watchable stations thanks to its large surface area, outperforming some of our other indoor antennas. The antenna arrives with a detachable coax cable and a 3-foot USB control cable for charging the amplifier, so it’s folded up in the box and can take some time to unfurl until it’ll lay flat.
- Pre-assembled for simple installation.
- Fold-out UHF reflector locks easily.
- Range of 70 miles.
- Supports up to 1080i HDTV.
- Durable construction.
- An amplifier may be required to reach the manufacturer’s stated range.
- Use caution when installing.
5. Philips Modern Loop Rabbit Ears TV Antenna
You don’t need to waste a lot of money on an antenna to get the channels you want, and this Philips rabbit ears antenna is proof of that. It’s designed for better reception of VHF and UHF signals and is compatible with both HDTV and 4K TV brands. It has a weighted rubber base and feet that allow it to stick to your tabletop without scratching it, and it offers channels such as ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, Fox, CW, and others.
Buying guide for – Best TV Antennas
We tend to think of TV antennas as obsolete technology, but cord-cutters are changing that perception. They now serve as a convenient way to get free TV without having to pay for a lot of channels you don’t use. The design of TV antennas has also been modified.
A strong signal is required to optimise your TV’s performance, which is why it’s vital to know what to look for before buying a TV antenna. We put together this guide to what’s possible and what to watch for after compiling all of the specifications of modern TV antennas.
Determine which channels are accessible in your region as the first step. You can do this by entering your address on a website. It will show all of the channels available in your region as well as the strength of each signal.
Make a list of the channels you’re involved in, as well as their distance from you. It’s also a smart idea to write down the channel’s azimuth and actual channel number. Below is more information on this.
If you’ve compiled your list of channels, determine how far from the channel you’re most interested in is. Choose a TV antenna with a range of at least this distance. The range of your antenna can be defined by the kind of antenna you need.
Indoor vs. outdoor
Indoor antennas are connected to the television and should be mounted so they can receive a strong signal.
These models are short and compact to mount, but their signal doesn’t go as far because it must pass through walls and is always low to the ground. The best indoor TV antennas usually have a range of 50 miles.
Outdoor antennas, on the other hand, are more difficult to set up but often have a maximum power output. This is because they are usually mounted higher up, with fewer obstacles between the antenna and the signals it is attempting to access.
Any outdoor antennas have a range of over 200 miles. If you’re trying to reach distant channels, this is the way to go.
Three frequency types are used to broadcast over-the-air channels. Channels 2 through 6 are VHF-Low (Very High Frequency-Low). VHF-High channels 7 to 13 are transmitted, while Ultra High-Frequency channels 14 to 51 are broadcast (UHF). Since not all TV antennas cover all of these frequencies, it’s vital to know which ones you’ll need for the channels you want.
Keep your attention on the actual channel number. This may differ from the channel number on your screen. This information can be analyzed on TV Fool and other signal analysis websites.
It’s not difficult to locate TV antennas that cover VHF-High and UHF frequencies, but if you’re looking for a VHF-Low signal, you’ll have to do a bit more research to find one that can pick up the lower frequency.
Directional vs. omnidirectional
Antennas for televisions may be omnidirectional or directional. That is, they can function equally well in all directions or specialize in one. It shouldn’t matter which antenna you use if the towers you’re trying to hit are all relatively close to you.
A directional antenna pointing toward the tower, on the other hand, would give you the best chance of picking up the signal if you’re trying to hit a tower that’s far away. Use the azimuth data you collected to identify the location of the towers you’re attempting to reach.
You should start comparing models based on their features until you’ve tracked down the type of TV antenna you need.
The majority of TV antennas are easy to mount. The TV antenna can come with instructions on how to set it up and test it, as well as troubleshooting advice if you have any problems.
Indoor antennas need the least amount of effort to put up, while an outdoor antenna would almost certainly necessitate a trip to the roof. You should still pay someone to do the installation for you if you don’t feel like doing it yourself.
Which antenna you pick, make sure it’s safely attached so it doesn’t fall off or travel out of place. Suction cups are used on certain indoor antennas so they can be connected to windows, but they don’t always function as well as users have hoped. You might need to reposition the antenna or find some way to secure it on occasion.
A length of coaxial cable is usually included with most TV antennas to link the antenna to the television. It’s likely that the included cord won’t hit your TV if it’s too short. In the other side, if it’s too long, you’ll end up with a lot of extra cord that you’ll have to hide.
Most users, though, need not be concerned with this. If the supplied coaxial cable does not meet your needs, you can still purchase another one separately.
Indoor antennas in a visible area are mainly concerned with design. The majority of today’s models are rectangular, flat devices that mimic a piece of paper. They are usually black or white in hue.
Larger models resembling small, rectangular boxes are also available. You can first focus on choosing an antenna that meets your desires, and then, if you’re torn between two versions, choose the one that suits your home the best.
- Consider using a range amplifier if your antenna isn’t strong enough to pick up the signals you want.
- If you want to pick up weak signals originating from various directions, you should use a rotator on your TV antenna.
- It’s a good idea to consult with your landlord before installing an outdoor TV antenna if you don’t own your house.
- Installing your indoor TV antenna in a window facing the direction of the TV tower you’re trying to link to is the best option.
Q. What channels will I be able to receive with my TV antenna?
A. That all depends on what’s available in your area and what type of antenna you choose. You can figure out what’s in your area by entering your address into a TV signal analysis website. Then you can use this information to help decide which TV antenna to purchase.
Q. I have an older TV. Can I still use a new TV antenna?
A. You may need to purchase a converter box in order to make your old TV compatible with modern TV antennas, but, yes, it is possible to use new TV antennas with older TVs.
Q. Can I use a TV antenna if I already have satellite or cable?
A. You can, but you probably don’t need to. Most cable and satellite TV providers already offer the same channels that you could get with a TV antenna.
TV antenna ranges tend to be optimistic. If you’re trying to reach a signal that’s far away, it’s best to purchase an antenna with more range than you think you need.
After considering so many TV antennas these are our top pick. Our suggestions above are what we found the Best TV Antennas available in the market. These are the Best TV Antennas to buy in every price range for you. We have analyzed the features and functions of each product and reviewed our best for the buyers.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon:
- 360 Degree Reception with Omnidirectional Antenna - Our black 3.87” HD antenna can receive signals from any direction from up to 50 miles away....
- Setup is Easy with the Magnetic Base - Use the 2” magnetic base to keep your new digital antenna for smart TVs stealthily tucked away. We...
- Supports 1080P and 4K - You’ll enjoy great HD picture quality with this digital antenna as long as your TV supports it. And don’t worry - if...
- Reliable Satellite and Cable TV Alternative - Stay connected with the latest in TV technology with this digital antenna. Experience over-the-air...
- ❤️[2020 New Release Outdoor Antenna] Reach Up to 200 mile Range, provides high resolution HDTV 4K,1080p,1080i,720p for local FREE channels,...
- ❤️[Advanced VHF UHF Reception]6 reflector elements can improve the UHF HDTV image quality 25% better than 4 elements. Larger elements also...
- ❤️[Higher Image Resolution] Built in Auto Gain Control Chip with gain booster can make high gain from 15-35db. Premium quality copper cable...
- ❤️[Wider Region for All Directional Operating] Built-in All Directional with 360-degree rotation can help to reach a wider area by pressing...
- ❤️[Save Now and Gain More HDTV] No contracts! No monthly Bills! Save Today with Five Star Antenna. All in one Package Includes: Five Star...
- IDEAL FOR RURAL AND SUBURBAN AREAS – Weather resistant antenna can be installed outdoors or in your attic and receive 1080p and 4K reception up...
- HDTV WITHOUT A MONTHLY BILL – Receive free local news, severe weather, and sports broadcasts along with HD channels like NBC, ABC, PBS, and Fox...
- SUPPORTS MULTIPLE TVs IN YOUR HOME – Capable of providing superior VHF, UHF, and HD signal to multiple TVs in your home – requires a splitter...
- INCLUDED COMPONENTS – Mounting bracket, J-mount, VHF dipoles, UHF elements, signal enhancing reflector rods and bracket, along with simple to...
- 📡【Long Range Digital Amplified Outdoor Antenna】- Exclusive Smart pass Amplifier technology allows switch On & Off to get Long & Short...
- 📡【360° Omni-Directional Reception 】- Receive UHF/VHF signals from all directions while providing clear 4K pictures, no need to rotate, no...
- 📡【One Tv Output】The outdoor HD TV antenna is uniquely designed to support one TV. We recommend that you use only one antenna per...
- 📡【Built-in Pre-Amplifier And 4G LTE Filter】- Allows you to boost signal right at the antenna, and removes interference and channel loss...
- 📡【Save On Installation Fees】- No tools needed for easy installation. Perfect for home/RV/attic/Marine use, including a 32ft RG6U coaxial...
- 🌷【350+ Miles Long Range Antenna】350+ Miles signal reception range, equip with new type switch control amplifier booster for more channels...
- 🌷【Full HD Channels】Enjoy hundreds of hdtv programming with no pixelation, digital HDTV Antenna start to access the news, sitcoms, kids and...
- 🌷【Portable Antena On The Go 】- Portable anenna can use everywhere! Our versatile digital HDTV antenna works great in your bedroom, living...
- 🌷【Stylish Thin Design】 - Unique black classic and trendy fashionable tones can be well matched with your decor and surroundings. Soft...
- 🌷【Easy to Install】- Enjoy our indoor antenna .Our HD free unlimited antenna brings you your favorite channels at no cost so you can ditch...
- 【Free for Life】NO MORE MONTHLY BILL - Watch crystal clear HD channels without cable service and enjoy Major Networks like CBS, ABC, FOX, NBC,...
- 【INDUSTRY LEADING TECHNOLOGY】Adopting newest Eco-friendly flame retardant double PC soft material (not other PVC material ) bring moisture...
- 【360° Reception&Magnetic Base】The indoor HDTV antenna 360° Reception, Whether the antenna is installed on the TV stand or on the table, you...
- 【Compact and smal】Don't let the size discourage you! It's tiny but mighty; It doesn't take up a lot of space,perfect to blend in with its...
- 【SATISFACTION GUARANTEED】 At HIDB, your satisfaction is our number one priority If, however, your new TV antenna doesn't turn out to be what...
- ENJOY LOCAL CHANNELS - Save money for you! Never pay expensive cable or satellite fees again! This amplified antenna can put in all no cost HD...
- STRONGEST SIGNAL RECEPTION - Super distance reception, 150 miles range.Advanced technology optimize the best signal transmission protection...
- FULL HD CRYSTAL-CLEAR TV & HD SOUND QUALITY - Our smart tv antenna adopts upgraded Powerful 2020 Amplifier Signal Booster with built-in Smart IC...
- UNIQUE WATER DROP SHAPE DESIGN - Our HDTV antenna not only can help to let our life to be convenient and simple , but also it is a fashion...
- FAST AND EASY TO SETUP - You can connect the antenna directly to a HDTV. If you connect the antenna to an old TV or a regular TV just go through...
- Outdoor antenna is an ideal solution for any rural or suburban areas, HD digital antenna support 2 TVs at the same time without a splitter. Can...
- 150 Miles Long Range receive digital broadcast high definition TV signals; Full hdtv support 4K, 720p, 1080i, 1080p.providing you with the...
- outdoor hd tv antenna is equipped with an easy to use user manual that allows you to easily install the antenna.Simply use a coaxial cable to...
- Built in Super Low Noise Amplifier,360 degree Rotation, includes 33ft hd tv antenna coax cable.durable design with grounding done -don’t get...
- What’s in the package,Outdoor tv antenna with wireless remote, power supply adapter and 33ft coax cable,so as to get the best reception effect.