Xbox series X is one of the most powerful gaming consoles on the market, offering flash loading speeds and fancy UIs. If you want to get the most out of your gaming console, it is imperative to pair it up with a fully compatible and advanced gaming display.
Thankfully, in 2021, you can find the TVs offering Ulta UHD/4K resolution coupled with variable refresh rates and low lag inputs. These TVs offer a buttery smooth display with higher contrast and crisper details.
Plus, the HDMI 2.1 and HDR support will let you get the best gaming experience with your favorite gaming console, the XBOX series X.
Since there are so many options available, you might not be able to guess the best one for your Xbox Series X console. To get you out of this situation, we tested dozens of models with the Xbox series X console and enlisted the seven bests for you.
TVs for Xbox Series X – Top Picks
1. LG 65″ Class C1 Series Smart OLED 4K TV – Best 4k Tv For Xbox Series X
LG C1 series is one of the most advanced multi-console companions that offers everything you would need for your Xbox series x. From a crisp display to a high refresh rate and support of 2.1 HDMI, it offers everything you might look for in your gaming console.
What sets this TV apart from its counterparts is its super OLED panel. The super OLED panel delivers the crispier details while maintaining the low lag input and enhanced rich and superior contrast.
Moreover, you would get a refresh rate 0f 120 Hz coupled with G-sync orFreeSync to support variable refresh rates so that you can get most of your Xbox series X gaming console.
The LG C1 comes with Dolby Vision HDR and Atmos support for impressive gaming sounds and visuals. However, if you are a fan of HDR10+, you may not find it a front runner.
The only issue we experienced with this TV is that it fails to minimize the glare. With a reflective screen, we experienced screen glares from different angles under bright light conditions.
LG C1 with Super OLED panel, LG game optimizer, and VRR is undoubtedly one of the best TVs for Xbox series X. The best part is that it is much cheaper than the LG G1 series but can outperform it in many ways when it comes to compatibility with the Xbox series X.
2. SAMSUNG Class Neo QLED QN90A – Xbox Series X 4k
SAMSUNG Ne0 Q90A series are already famous for their stunning visual quality. Now they have proved themselves as the best choice for Xbox series X. With low input lag, FreeSync Variable refresh rate, and HDMI 2.1 support, Q90SA TVs let you get the best out of the Xbox Series X gaming console.
Remember, you would get only one HDMI port, and you won’t be able to connect any other HDMI device without a receiver. The display quality is also stunning, thanks to the VA panel and Mini-backlighting. The VA panel offers the highest in-class contrast ratio and a full array of local dimming.
Local dimming ensures the deep inky blacks while anti-reflection technology minimizes the glare making everything visible even in the brightest rooms. Plus Samsung Q90A series takes advantage of the “Ultra Viewing Angle” and offers a broader viewing angle.
The native resolution is comparatively low, but you can expect the best gaming visual with Motion Enhancement Turbo Plus features and a 120 Hz refresh rate. Unfortunately, it does support Dolby Vision but supports HDR10+.
Samsung Neo Q90A with Alexa Voice assistant, HDMI support, and FreeSync VRR is one of the most promising gaming displays you can find today.
Although it supports Dolby’s vision, the HDR10+ offers an immersive balance between light and dark and local dimming lets you achieve the deep contrast ratio for best gaming visuals.
3. VIZIO 50-Inch M-Series MQ7 – Gaming Tv For Xbox Series X
If you are looking for a budget-friendly high-end TV for your Xbox Series X, consider M-series TVs by Vizio. With HDR 10+ and Dolby Vision support, this is one of the best gaming displays you can find for under $600.
It has input support of HDMI 2.1, and comes with a Pro Gaming Engine. With Pro Gaming Engine, you get AMD FreeSync and Variable Refresh Rate features, making your TV highly compatible with the most advanced gaming Console Xbox Series X.
Although the refresh rate is limited to only 60 Hz, it manages to enhance your gaming performance by low input lag and impressive motion handling.
The overall display quality is decent, and we didn’t observe any visibility issues in both dark and bright rooms. LED backlighting and VA panel offer local dimming and a deep contrast ratio to highlight the brights in bright light and inky blacks in the dark.
However, the response time is not much quicker, leading to black smearing with dark objects in some situations. Also, it is equipped with an anti-reflective screen to minimize the glare, and it doesn’t get very bright, making it the perfect gaming display for well-lit rooms.
Vizio MQ7 is probably the only $600 TV that lets you take full advantage of advanced gaming consoles like the Xbox Series X. You can find a wide range of sizes in the Vizio M7 series with a bit of price difference.
4. LG G1 Series 55.” – Budget Tv For Xbox Series X
If you can spend more than $1500, LG G1 series TVs are the hottest choice on the market for Xbox series X owners. LG G1 series TVs are equipped with all the latest gaming features like HDMI 2.1 support, Dolby Vision, and VRR making them highly competitive with the latest gaming consoles.
The variable refresh rate feature enables real-time data processing and minimizes screen tearing. Plus, LG uses advanced interpolation technology for improved motion handling and smooth Movement.
The selling point of the LG G1 series is its Future Proof gaming Optimization feature.
It automatically optimizes the TV’s performance as a gaming display when connected with a gaming console. In gaming mode, you would get an input lag of 12.7 ms.
Finally, you would get the Dolby Vision and Atmos support that simply takes your gaming visuals and sound to a whole new level.
LG G1 series TVs are available in various sizes and are equipped with FutureProof gaming technologies. With a built-in Game Optimizer and Dolby support, it is undoubtedly the best TV for Xbox Series X.
5. SAMSUNG 4 QLED Q80T Series
Samsung Q80T series OLED TVs have made their way to list for their price-performance ratio. Despite being cheaper than Samsung Q90T, Q90A, and LG C1 series Q80T series TVs stand out in gaming performance.
The features making it one of the best TVs for XBOX series X is its meager lag input and enhanced 4K quantum image processor.
The input lag is only 8.7 ms, with an impressive refresh rate and quick repose time making it one of the best displays of advanced gaming consoles. The quantum processor can transform even the low-resolution contents and present it in stunning 4k image quality.
Plus, you would get one HDMI 2.1 port that is enough if you stick to a single gaming console like Xbox series X. The TV lacks Dolby Vision Support but is supported by HDR10+ and Broadcast standard HLG, making it even more economical.
Finally, we loved the OTS sound system, which delivers incredible performance for a wide range of gaming sounds and music profiles.
If you want to upgrade your gaming display for the Xbox series X without breaking the bank, consider Samsung QLED Q80T series TVs.
The TV is available in 5 different sizes ranging from 49-82-inches, and the support for HDMI 2.1 enhances its compatibility with the most advanced gaming consoles.
6. Sony X90J 50 Inch TV
Sony X90 J is another competitively priced yet powerful gaming TV you can buy in 2021. With HDMI 2.1 support and Dynamic HDR range, it offers stunning picture quality and lets you get the Full 4K capability for Xbox series X console.
The Tv features an LED panel with a full array of backlighting and local dimming feature. Therefore you can expect a higher contrast ratio and fewer visibility issues in bright and dark situations.
If we talk about the gaming performance, it comes with 4 HDMI 2.1 ports and a refresh rate of 120 Hz. On top of that, it manages to keep the lag input as low as 15.9 ms, which is simply amazing for such an affordable Gaming display.
We also loved the TV upscaling and motion handling ability. Although it is launched without VRR built, Sony has promised to add it with a future update. We are hoping to get it soon! The only visibility issue we noticed on TV is because of the narrow viewing angle.
Although Sony X90J does not have stunning display quality, they have managed to keep its gaming performance in line with the most advanced gaming consoles.
With some impressive gaming perks like low lag input and HDMI 2.1 support, it is one of the best-selling gaming TVs on Amazon.
7. Sony X900H 65-inch TV
Final on our list is another top-rated and best-selling TV by the Sony X900H series. It comes packed with advanced gaming technologies like HDMI 2.1, Auto-Low-Latency-Mode, and built-in Alexa.
The HDMI 2.1 standard input lets you take full advantage of advanced gaming consoles like PS5 and Xbox series X.
Plus, it offers impressive display quality with a high-contrast ratio VA panel and full backlight array. Also, you would get the local dimming that eliminates the visibility issues in both well-lit and dark rooms.
The TV is fully optimized with gaming consoles with ALLM, which lets it adapt the real-time data processing for low latency and butter-smooth performance.
In addition to this, it offers minimal screen-tearing thanks to variable refresh rates and minimum input lag. The VRR feature adjusts the refresh rates for continuously shifting FPS videos. The low input lag further enhances the gaming performance of the TV.
Finally, you would get full Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos support for the best gaming audio and visuals. The only issue we experienced with Sony X900H is its limited viewing angles, leading to visibility issues from different angles, mainly straight.
If you’re looking for a high-end gaming TV for your latest Xbox series X console, Sony X900H is highly recommended. With its future-proof gaming features and impressive display quality, it offers you the best value for many.
When you are scouting up for the best TV for Xbox Series X, you need to be very particular about the features and technical support it offers.
For an unbeatable gaming experience and to make the best out of your gaming console, it is critical to look for some specific gaming perks and features in the TV.
Here is a brief guide explaining fundamental essentials you must consider while buying a new TV for Xbox Series X.
If you want to extract the best 4K capability from your Xbox Series X, it is critical to look for HDMI 2.1 input support.
HDMI 2.1 Standard offers three times more bandwidth than its predecessor and can Support 8K resolution at a refresh rate of 60 Hz and 4k video at a refresh rate of 120 Hz.
The Xbox Series X supports HDM1 2.1 to support HD 4K resolution at 120 Hz. Xbox Series X gaming console is compatible with older HDMI 2.0 models, but you won’t be able to take full advantage of this newest gaming sensation.
FreeSync and Variable Refresh Rate
In addition to 4k resolution and High refresh rate with HDMI 2.1 standard, you also need to consider FreeSync and Variable Refresh rate.
It is essential since different games come with varying frame refresh rates, and if they don’t come in line with screen VRR, it will lead to screen tearing.
The FreeSync VRR feature that helps the TV screen adjust is the native refresh rate according to the frame refresh rate of video for buttery smooth display and high-quality motion handling. You must go with the TVs offering a variable refresh rate.
Input Lag is the time taken by the system to show the action on screen after you input a command. The higher input lag means you won’t be able to see your actions quickly on-screen which an online gamer cannot afford.
You need to get the displays with minimum input lag for advanced gaming consoles like PS5 and Xbox Series X. For example, Samsung QN90A offers the lowest input lag of around 2.6 ms in gaming mode.
For a smooth and unbeatable gaming experience, you should look for TVs offering an input lag of less than 20 ms.
Automatic Low Latency Mode is the Gaming Mode in TVs. When a console is connected with a TV, it sends a signal to the TV and it automatically switches to a gaming mode. Thus mode reduces the latency and enhances the TV’s ability to process the data faster.
Also, they help to enhance the response time, improves the motion handling, cut down the different image processes for the lowest latency in-game.
The best part is that ALL is platform-agnostic, and there is no compatibility limitation, even when you are using products from different manufacturers.
Does it matter what TV you have for Xbox Series X?
The Xbox series is a gaming console that works with the latest gaming technologies like VRR, HDMI 2.1, ALLM, and Game Optimization.
Xbox Series X may work with outdated technologies like HDMI 2.0, but you cannot get the best out of its potential. Therefore it really matters what TV you have for Xbox Series X.
Does Xbox Series X look good on 4K TV?
Yes, Xbox series X is fully compatible with 4k resolution and a 120 Hz refresh rate. The display quality of 4K TVs with Xbox Series X is further enhanced if it features Variable Refresh Rate.
We can safely conclude that it is critical to find a TV with future-proof gaming technologies for Xbox Series X. All products on our list deliver the best performance with the latest gaming consoles like PS 5 and Xbox Series X.
Our Top-three picks from the list are:
- SAMSUNG Class Neo QLED QN90A for its FreeSync VRR, deep color construct ratio, anti-reflective screen, and impressive motion handling
- VIZIO 50-Inch M-Series MQ7 for its high-contrast VA panel, affordable price, AMD FreeSync VRR, and impressive display quality
- Sony X900H 65-inch TV for its full Dolby support, competitive price, Game Optimizer, ALLM, and variable refresh rate
Finally, it is advised to find TVs with more than one HDMI 2.1 input port to enhance the functionality of gaming consoles and TV. If you want to get the best out of Xbox series X, avoid the TVs offering input lag of more than 20 ms.
Take a look at the following TVs also:
- Dimensions (w x h x d): TV without stand: 38.2 x 22.4 x3 inches, tv with stand: 38.2 inches x 24.5 inches x 7.6 inches
- Smart functionality delivers all your favorite content with over 500,000 movies and tv episodes, accessible through the simple and intuitive roku...
- Pairs 4k ultra HD picture clarity with the contrast, color, and detail of high dynamic range (HDR) for the most lifelike picture
- Direct lit led produces great picture quality. Panel resolution 3840 x 2160. Accessible Menu System (CVAA) : Yes
- Inputs: 3 HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 (one with HDMI ARC), 1 USB (media player), RF, Composite, Headphone Jack, Optical Audio Out
- Superior 4K Ultra HD: Picture clarity combined with the contrast, color, and detail of Dolby Vision HDR (High Dynamic Range) for the most...
- Mini-LED Technology: Uncompromised contrast, brightness, and uniformity for incredible viewing in any environment
- Product Size (WxHxD) with Stand: 48.3" x 31.1" x 13.7"; Product Size (WxHxD) without stand: 48.3" x 28.1" x 2.8"
- QLED: Quantum dot technology delivers better brightness and wider color volume
- Contrast Control Zones: Contrast is individually optimized across up to 240 localized zones for striking contrast between bright and dark areas...
- REAL 4K NANOCELL DISPLAY: Bring your favorite shows to life with bright, vivid NanoCell. Local dimming brings you deep blacks and more balanced...
- QUAD CORE PROCESSOR 4K: Our Quad Core Processor 4K gives you a smooth, crisp viewing experience with enhanced contrast, color and blacks.
- HOME CINEMA EXPERIENCE: See and feel like you're in the action with Active HDR. See movies exactly how directors intended with Filmmaker Mode.And...
- ULTIMATE GAMEPLAY: Gameplay goes even further with Game Optimizer which gives you easier access to all your game settings, Auto Low-Latency Mode...
- THINQ AI: Control your LG smart products and other smart devices right from your TV with Home Dashboard or with the Magic Remote voice control....
- Quantum Color - Combined with a powerful Active Full Array backlight, VIZIO’s next-generation Quantum Color delivers cinematic color volume...
- UltraBright -1200 UltraBright 1200 delivers bright, detailed highlights at up to 1200 nits of peak brightness, more accurately reproducing the...
- VIZIO IQ Ultra Processor - Inside, VIZIO’s fastest, smartest chip – the IQ Ultra processor offers best-in-class picture processing, more...
- ProGaming Engine - Automatically makes the latest console gameplay more responsive with Auto Game Mode, 4K 120Hz support, Variable Refresh Rate...
- VIZIO SmartCast - With lightning-fast navigation, enjoy instant access to the best selection of built-in apps from top-tier streaming services...
- REAL 4K NANOCELL DISPLAY: Bring your favorite shows to life with a billion rich colors. Get deep blacks and enhanced contrast for a more detailed...
- a7 GEN 4 AI PROCESSOR 4K: Catch every detail with the smooth, crisp picture brought to you by our a7 Gen 4 AI Processor 4K. It adjusts your...
- HOME CINEMA EXPERIENCE: Get breathtaking picture and audio that makes you feel like you're in the action with Cinema HDR, Dolby Vision IQ & Dolby...
- ULTIMATE GAMEPLAY: Stay a step ahead, where milliseconds make all the difference. FreeSync Premium Compatible for real-time action and virtually...
- GOOGLE ASSISTANT & ALEXA BUILT IN: There’s no need for an extra device – just ask your TV for music, weather, news, your Amazon shopping...
- 30" Curved Gaming Monitor 2560 x 1080 Full HD Resolution. Response Time- 5ms GTG
- DP Up to 200Hz Refresh Rate / HDMI 2. 0 Up to 120Hz Refresh Rate: More than double the standard refresh rate, 200Hz gives gamers an edge in...
- AMD Free Sync With Free Sync, gamers now enjoy smooth video and seamless on the spot movement through their fast paced games. Free Sync is an AMD...
- FPS-RTS FPS and RTS are Scepter's custom set display settings built for an enhanced gaming experience. FPS (First Person Shooter) , RTS...
- Blue Light Shift Reduce your monitors blue light to protect you from eye fatigue, irritation and strains. This enables you to work on you...
- 4K HDR PROCESSOR X1 – Powerful TV processing that delivers a picture that is smooth and clear, full of rich colors and detailed contrast.
- TRILUMINOS PRO – Reproduces more colors than a conventional TV resulting in picture quality that is natural and precise, and closer than ever...
- GOOGLE TV – Seamlessly browse 700,000+ movies and TV episodes from across your favorite streaming services, all in one place. Watch content...
- MOTIONFLOW XR – On-screen motion stays smooth and clear, allowing fast moving sequences in sports, action movies, and games to be seen with...
- 4K X-REALITY PRO – Our unique 4K database upscales all the HD content you love to near-4K resolution bringing back real-world detail and...
- 100 Day No Regrets Guarantee - Buy and Try a 2021 ULED TV with full confidence thanks to a 100 day risk-free trial.
- 4K ULED: Like great, but better. The 65U6G has our exclusive ULED technologies. They boost color, contrast, brightness, motion… we could go on....
- Quantum Dot Wide Color Gamut: See over one billion shades. Quantum Dot produces purer, richer, more brilliant colors than a regular LCD TV. We...
- Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos: Dolby Vision HDR picture and Dolby Atmos sound are cinema technology for your home. They provide amazing realism...
- Peak Brightness/Full Array Local Dimming Zones: The higher the nit rating, the brighter the screen. Most laptops are between 200-300 nits....
- 4K ULED: Like 4K great, but better. The 55U7G has our exclusive ULED technologies. They boost color, contrast, brightness, motion we could go on....
- Quantum Dot Wide Color Gamut: See over one billion shades. Quantum Dot produces purer, richer, more brilliant and accurate colors than a regular...
- Ultra Motion and 120Hz Native refresh rate: Ultra Motion removes the digital ‘noise’ that can affect moving objects. Whether it’s a bird, a...
- Dolby Vision & Dolby Atmos: Dolby Vision HDR picture and Dolby Atmos sound are cinema technology for your home. They provide amazing realism you...
- IMAX Enhanced: IMAX Enhanced brings the cinema experience home. It combines digitally remastered 4K HDR content and DTS audio technologies with...
- Quantum Color - Combined with a powerful Active Full Array backlight with 27 Local Dimming Zones, VIZIO’s next-generation Quantum Color...
- UltraBright 600 - UltraBright 600 delivers bright, detailed highlights at up to 600 nits of peak brightness, more accurately reproducing the...
- VIZIO IQ Active Processor - A lightning-fast IQ Active processor delivers superior picture processing, and the powerful and intelligent 4K...
- ProGaming Engine - Automatically makes the latest console gameplay more responsive with Auto Game Mode, Variable Refresh Rate with AMD FreeSync,...
- SmartCast - With lightning-fast navigation, enjoy instant access to the best selection of built-in apps from top-tier streaming services like...