At present, you can find very good TVs under $1,500. Price tags are going down, and new features backed by tech advancements are finding their way into mainstream models, making them available to a wider range of people.
We’ve spent a lot of time to filter out the best for you and below are our recommendations for the best TVs under $1,500 you can buy.
Top $1500 Budget Picks of 2022
1. Best TV Under $1,500: LG OLED55B9PUA
The LG OLED55B9PUA is the best TV under $1,500 we’ve been reviewing so far. This amazing OLED TV offers superb image quality with perfect blacks that look stunning in a dark room. Like all OLED TVs, it has outstanding wide viewing angles that support rooms with large seating arrangements.
HDR content has vivid, vibrant colors due to a wide variety of TV colors. This TV has outstanding motion control, mainly thanks to its near-immediate response time, which provides crisp motion and fast-moving images with absolutely no blur, but creates stutter. The TV has a motion interpolation system and a black frame insertion feature to help you change the motion appearance.
It supports HDMI 2.1, which actually does not add much but allows TV more future-proof. The input lag is rather low, and support for HDMI Forum variable refresh rate technology for almost tear-free gaming is possible for anyone with Xbox One, while it is unlikely to remain an Xbox exclusive.
Unfortunately, as like all OLED TVs, there is a chance of temporary picture preservation and permanent burn-in. However, most people are not going to experience this with regular, varied usage.
Overall, this is a remarkable TV with outstanding performance in most uses and is the best 4k TV under $1,500.
2. Gaming LED Alternative: SAMSUNG QN55Q70RAFXZA
If you’re too worried about the burn-in chance on the LG B9 OLED and want an LED TV that also works well for video games, then get the Samsung Q70 / QN55Q70R. You won’t get the LG’s perfect blacks, but its darkroom efficiency is outstanding due to the strong native contrast ratio and complete local dimming support.
This is a fantastic Television with excellent results in several of its uses. It is equipped with some of the most innovative gaming technologies and provides FreeSync variable refresh rate support, low input lag with interpolation of motion, and auto low latency mode. If you enjoy video games and you’re looking for a TV in this price range, this one is for you.
If you want the best picture quality, get the LG, but if you’re worried about burn-in chance and gaming is your thing, then get the Samsung, one of the highest 55-inch TVs under $1,500.
3. Best 65 Inch TV Under $1,500: Vizio PX65-G1
The best 65-inch TV for less than $1,500 is the Vizio P Sequence Quantum X 2019 PX65-G1. This TV’s VA panel offers a beautiful image quality with a high contrast ratio and one of the best peak brightness we’ve seen. It has a full-length local dimming with outstanding efficiency, making dark scenes look even better.
Of course, this TV supports HDR, but Vizio has gone beyond and above to include support for HDR10 + and Dolby Vision. Motion handling is excellent and there is also a black frame insertion function to reduce the image of motion blur.
This TV has a basic and minimal style that suits most of the rooms. It does exceptionally well in dark settings and has outstanding reflective handling for use in bright rooms.
Unfortunately, the sub-par viewing angles make the images look washed out when viewed from the side; however, this is usual for VA panels. Also, there’s some vignette and dirty screen impact that can be annoying when viewing things like sports.
On the other side, there’s a low input lag and a 120Hz refresh rate for a better gaming experience; but if you need FreeSync help, you’ll need to look elsewhere.
Vizio’s SmartCast isn’t the smoothest interface available, but it’s easy to use and there’s a lot of applications out there. The only drawback is that you can’t run any additional apps, which is a bit frustrating. Overall, however, this TV has a lot to offer; with its 65-inch screen and a price tag around $1,500, it’s hard to find a better deal.
4. Wide Angle Alternative: LG 65SM9500PUA
If you have a seating arrangement that requires you to view the TV from the side, take a look at the LG 65SM9500PUA. The IPS panel has slightly improved viewing angles than the Vizio P Series Quantum X 2019; however, it also has a slightly lower contrast ratio, resulting in blacks that appear grayish in the dark.
Local dimming doesn’t work as good, however, with noticeable blooming and crushing of small bright highlights. Peak brightness in HDR mode is superb, however, and its out-of-box color accuracy is outstanding, in addition to its fast response time and low input lag.
If you really want the best picture quality, get the Vizio, but if viewing angles are important to you and you don’t mind losing stuff like contrast ratio and local dimming, then go for the LG.
5. Best 75 Inch TV Under $1,500: TCL 75R617
If you’re looking for the best 75 inch TV under $1,500, get the 2018 TCL 6 Series/75R617. It can’t offer the same fantastic image quality as the Vizio P Series Quantum X 2019, and it doesn’t have the perfect blacks of the LG B9 OLED.
That said, this is a stunning TV that delivers excellent picture quality, deep blacks in a dark room, and can get really light, making it perfect for any room.
It has a wide range of colors and shows HDR content with vivid colors and clear highlights. It’s got a really quick reaction speed, and quickly moving objects have got a bit of a blur trail. Thanks to the very low input lag, this TV looks very responsive.
Unfortunately, while you’re watching from the side, your VA panel can’t keep an accurate picture, and the amount of dirty screen effect on this TV could annoy some demanding sports fans.
Overall, this is a large TV that will keep most of its owners happy and still costs less than $1,500.
6. LG OLED55C9PUA 55 inch 4K UHD Smart OLED TV
The LG C9 OLED is an impressive TV set. Unlike all OLED TVs, it offers outstanding dark room efficiency, thanks to the perfect black ink and true black uniformity. It has an excellent response time, delivering clear motion with no blur trail, but this triggers stuttering while watching movies.
The TV also supports HDMI 2.1 on all four inputs, but there is actually no downside of that since there is no HDMI 2.1 outlets usable. Unfortunately, as in all OLED TVs, there is a risk of irreversible burn-in, and the brightness of the image varies based on the display (ABL), which can concern certain users.
7. Best 4k TV: Sony X950G TV Review
The Sony X950 G is a stunning 4k TV with excellent picture quality. Thanks to the strong native contrast ratio and the complete variety of local dimming support, deep blacks may be displayed in a dark room. It can get really bright and offer great HDR results, full of clear, vibrant highlights.
It has outstanding motion handling, due to the near-automatic response time that lets the scene appear crisp and leaves fast-moving movements with very little blur. The input lag is very small, making it an excellent option for gamers searching for a really responsive TV set.
Unfortunately, much like other VA panels, they have narrow viewing angles, so those on the side do not receive the same fantastic image quality.
8. Samsung NU8000 4K LED Smart TV
The Samsung NU8000 is the best seller 4K LED Smart TV with an in the year 2019. Samsung updates new technology every year and TVs get more features and functions. The picture quality and the brightness in the Samsung NU8000 are very good and have HDR support.
The Samsung NU8000 has a low input lag so the people who like to play video games love this game mode on this TV. Due to the high contrast ratio and the brightness the picture quality appears good.
The TV includes the Bixby assistant for voice control. The viewing angle in the Samsung NU8000 is not valuable because unfortunately, the picture quality degrades when viewed at an angle and vertical blooming is visible in a completely dark room.
It uses more advanced qualities such as local dimming to enhance the picture quality. Due to the high contrast ratio and the brightness the picture delivers dark in the black level background and bright in bright rooms and offers outstanding performance. It has a very good response time.
The Smartthings app from Samsung can be used as the remote TV, but it doesn’t have as many features as the old SmartView app, which doesn’t operate with this TV sadly. The Tizen Operating System is very good. It’s fast and well laid out for easy navigation. The takeaway with HDR (whether it’s HDR10 or Dolby Vision) is that it needs televisions to be both brighter and more colorful than they were before.
Things to Consider When Buying TVs Under $1500
When purchasing a TV under $1500, you can get exceptional value and should not settle for anything less. For this price, you can get a product that offers many useful features that will certainly suit your needs. To help you make an educated choice, we have assembled a brief list of guidelines to follow in the section below.
HDR stands for high dynamic and range, and it plays a big role in the sharpness of color accuracy on the TV screen. Look for TVs that possess this feature since it will drastically improve the quality of the image and overall viewing experience.
Always look for TVs that offer you 1080p or 4K Ultra HD definition. In today’s market, settling for anything less would be a waste of money. Even though you are looking for a budget TV, you can still afford the one that will offer you high resolution in this price range.
Refresh rate is very important when purchasing a TV. The higher it is, the quality the image is, and the easier it is on your eyes. Since you are working in the price range up to 1500 dollars, you should look for TVs that offer you between 60 and 120 Hz refresh rates.
When purchasing a budget TV, it is important to purchase the one that offers you multiple outputs. Look for the product that offers you multiple HDMI ports, preferably HDMI 2.1 type. If the versatility is what you are after, browse for TVs that also offer VGA or DVA ports and 3.5 mm audio jacks for the external sounds system.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it worth buying a TV under $1500?
Yes, it is. Lower price does not necessarily mean low quality, so you can purchase a TV that offers various useful features and provides exceptional image quality for this price.
Are TVs under $1500 suitable for gaming?
Absolutely. You can find excellent TV for gaming in this price range. Look for the ones that offer a 120Hz refresh rate, offer VRR feature, and have HDMI ports (preferably HDMI 2.1).
Can I find a TV under $1500 that supports Dolby Vision?
Yes, you can. In fact, we have listed several TVs that support Dolby Vision. It will offer you one or two “layers” of data, one carrying just an HDR signal, the other carrying an SDR signal.
What is the difference between OLED and LED?
The main difference between these two is that LED LCD screens use a blacklight to illuminate their pixels, while on the other hand, OLED pixels produce their own light, and it can be controlled on a pixel-by-pixel basis.
What screen size should I get?
It depends on the conditions you plan to use the TV. For example, if your couch is six feet away from your screen, you can look for a screen that is between 42 and 60 inches. This distance and screen size will allow you to watch TV comfortably.
Our suggestions above are what we found is the best TVs to buy under $1500 available in the market. These are the best budget TVs to buy for most people. We factor in the price, feedback from visitors, and availability. We have analyzed the features and functions of each product and reviewed our best for the buyers.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon:
- 4K HDR PROCESSOR X1 – Powerful TV processing that delivers a picture that is smooth and clear, full of rich colors and detailed contrast.
- TRILUMINOS PRO – Reproduces more colors than a conventional TV resulting in picture quality that is natural and precise, and closer than ever...
- GOOGLE TV – Seamlessly browse 700,000 plus movies and TV episodes from across your favorite streaming services, all in one place. Watch content...
- MOTIONFLOW XR – On-screen motion stays smooth and clear, allowing fast moving sequences in sports, action movies, and games to be seen with...
- 4K X-REALITY PRO – Our unique 4K database upscales all the HD content you love to near-4K resolution bringing back real-world detail and...
- HANDPICKED BY AMAZON: They did the research so you don’t have to.
- DYNAMIC CRYSTAL COLOR: Witness millions of shades of color through powerful Dynamic Crystal technology
- CRYSTAL PROCESSOR 4K: See every detail with stunning clarity; The powerful processor, specifically tuned for Crystal Displays, converts what...
- BUILT-IN VOICE ASSISTANTS: Access a world of content beyond streaming; Schedule recordings, search, auto-adjust gaming settings, seamlessly...
- HDR: Enjoy a whole new world of vivid color and detail found in newer films and streaming service content with HDR, also known as High Dynamic...
- REAL 4K DISPLAY: The rich 4K displays of LG UHD TVs deliver quality you can see in every scene. Enjoy bright colors, high contrast, and...
- QUAD CORE PROCESSOR 4K: Our Quad Core Processor 4K gives you a smooth, crisp viewing experience with enhanced contrast, color and blacks.
- WEBOS + LG THINQ AI W/ MAGIC REMOTE: Control your smart home theater with ease. ThinQ AI and the Magic Remote enable simple navigation and...
- TRUMOTION 120 (Native 60Hz): TruMotion 120 technology reduces blur to sharpen details with up to 120 frames per second, giving fast-moving action...
- WORKS WITH HEY GOOGLE / ALEXA: Customize and control your smart home with ease. LG UHD TVs work with "Hey Google," Amazon Alexa, Apple Play2, and...
- PICTURE PROCESSOR X1 ULTIMATE: Sony’s best processor analyzes content to bring out OLED’s intense contrast with pure blacks, peak brightness...
- OLED plus PIXEL CONTRAST BOOSTER: Millions of individual pixels are supercharged for more vibrant colors to complement absolute OLED black
- GAME MODE: Take your PlayStation experience to the next level with a Sony 4K gaming TV featuring dedicated Game Mode for a smoother, more...
- SMART ANDROID TV with GOOGLE ASSISTANT: Use your voice to control your TV and smart home devices, easily search for movies and shows, get...
- WORKS WITH ALEXA – Through an Alexa enabled device, ask Alexa to change channels, adjust volume, and turn your TV on/off
- Superior 4K Ultra HD: Picture clarity combined with the contrast, color, and detail of Dolby Vision HDR (High Dynamic Range) for the most...
- Mini-LED Technology: Uncompromised contrast, brightness, and uniformity for incredible viewing in any environment
- Product Size (WxHxD) with Stand: 48.3" x 31.1" x 13.7"; Product Size (WxHxD) without stand: 48.3" x 28.1" x 2.8"
- QLED: Quantum dot technology delivers better brightness and wider color volume
- Contrast Control Zones: Contrast is individually optimized across up to 240 localized zones for striking contrast between bright and dark areas...
- QUANTUM PROCESSOR 4K: Elevate your picture to 4K with machine based AI.
- MOTION XCELERATOR TURBO plus: Exceptional motion enhancements up to 4K 120Hz.
- DUAL LED Backlight: Dedicated warm and cool LED backlights provide enhanced contrast.
- 100% COLOR VOLUME WITH QUANTUM DOT: A billion stay-true shades of breathtaking color. QLED televisions can produce 100% Color Volume in the...
- QUANTUM HDR: Go beyond HDTV with an expanded range of color.
- 100% COLOR VOLUME WITH QUANTUM DOT: Quantum dots produce over a billion shades of color that stay true-to-life even in bright scenes
- DUAL LED: A system of dedicated warm and cool LED backlights enhance contrast details
- QUANTUM HDR: Expands the range of color and detail beyond what's possible on HDTVs
- SMART TV POWERED BY TIZEN: Go beyond Smart TV with next-gen apps, super easy control, and a host of enhancements that elevate the TV watching...
- QUANTUM PROCESSOR 4K LITE: This ultra-fast processor optimizes content for QLED and transforms everything you watch into stunning 4K
- Quantum Color Built on VIZIO’s high-performance Active Full Array backlight, VIZIO’s next-generation Quantum Color delivers cinematic color...
- UltraBright 1100 Bring your entertainment to life with spectacular bright highlights at up to 1100 nits of peak brightness, more accurately...
- Active Full Array with 200 Local Dimming Zones VIZIO’s high-performance Active Full Array backlight precisely brightens and dims areas of the...
- VIZIO IQ UltraTM Processor Inside, VIZIO’s fastest, smartest chip – the revolutionary IQ Ultra processor offers best-in-class picture...
- SmartCast With lightning fast navigation, enjoy instant access to the best selection of apps from top tier streaming services like Netflix,...