Finding a TV under $300 is easier today than it was a few years back. Many brands are producing smart TVs with high-end features and decent display qualities that can fit any budget. However, you should be careful while buying a TV for under $300 as inexpensive products could compromise quality.
Having so many options on the market, it might be difficult for you to figure out the most suitable TV for your living room. To make your way easy, we picked some top-rated and best-selling inexpensive TVs and reviewed them in detail—this review enlists seven best TVs under $300 you can buy in 2021. Plus, a buying guide, in the end, will help you decide the most reliable option.
Best TVs Under $300
1. VIZIO 40 Inch 4K Smart TV
Vizio 40-inch 4K smart TV is our first choice for best TVs under $300. The TV offers HDR10+ AND HLG formats in a high dynamic range giving you a vivid and more lifelike view. This TV offers an incredible picture quality at a very affordable price, which is a real bonus. VIZIO Smart TV comes 4K resolution and works incredibly in dark rooms.
The LEDs are arranged uniformly in the backlight to minimize the reflection and enhance the picture quality. The TV is not highly bright still; it can handle glare and reflection and perform well in bright rooms. VIZIO Smart TV uses a VA panel that is not as efficient as IPS but has a high contrast ratio. The blacks appear deep and inky, but the narrow viewing angle cuts down the picture from the sides.
What we liked most about this TV is its superior construction quality for a budget price. The TV uses metal and plastic construction, and we found it exceptionally rugged and sturdy. Additionally, the TV has SmartCast OS, which lets you use different apps and display the content from your phone.
Unfortunately, there are no built-in apps or app-store on the TV. The gaming performance of this TV is excellent for casual gaming as its input lag is relatively low. The slow response makes the view a bit blurry, especially the motions.
VIZIO 40-inch smart TV with 4K resolution and VA panel delivers excellent picture quality and motion in dark rooms. Although it is not built for high-end gaming, we found this TV an excellent choice for light gaming and watching HD content.
2. Toshiba 32LF221U21 32-inch Smart HD
Toshiba’s 32-inch smart TV features a functional design and built-in Amazon Fire TV, making it a perfect pick under $300. The TV has a 720P resolution which is the minimum resolution you can find in smart TVs today. Having said that, you can expect average performance.
It doesn’t support HDR, and therefore, it does not have a wide color gamut and exceptional brightness. However, the colors are well-balanced, and the TV is bright enough to create a detailed picture in the dark rooms. The contrast ratio is not very high; therefore, shadows appear a bit darker, which is the biggest issue we found out with its performance.
Plus, it comes with Built-in Amazon Fire TV through which you can stream movies, TV shows, and other media from various channels and streaming services like Hulu, Netflix, Sling TV, etc., unified screen. To stream the content by having prime membership on amazon, plus you can use your amazon account to buy media, apps, or other entertainment stuff.
However, you won’t be able to access Google Music and GooglePlay Movies & TV. The Alexa Voice control is another built-in feature of the Amazon Fire TV which you can launch to use your voice to control the TV. It also includes the Fire TV remote offering Bluetooth and Infrared connectivity options.
Toshiba’s 23-inch Smart TV is one of the most inexpensive yet reliable smart TVs you can buy in 2021. Although it doesn’t come with high-end features, it can outperform its counterparts in terms of performance and reliability.
3. TCL 32-inch Class 3-Series HD LED Smart Android TV
TCL 32-inch Class-3 series brings the most affordable Smart TVs to you. This 32-inch variant of the Roku Class-3 series features android OS, and 720p resolution offers you everything that you can expect from a budget smart TV. The TV comes with a 720p resolution with an average performance overall. What makes its picture vivid and detailed is the VA panel. It has a higher contrast ratio that enhances the detailing and clarity.
However, the VA panels have narrow viewing angles, which means you cannot see clearly from the sides. The TV performs excellently in dark and indoor environments but cannot handle too much glare and reflection. It offers endless watching opportunities, like Cables, HDTV boxes, free on-air channels, and other streaming services.
Plus, it has a built-in Chromecast that lets you cast photos, videos, apps, and other content from your smart devices like laptops and phones, and tablets. The TV offers BlueTooth and Wifi connectivity. You can also control the TV and get the recommendation and suggestions by Google Assistant and voice control.
The construction quality is average, with plastic parts being so cheap and flimsy. However, the backside of the TV is made of metal and is rugged enough to withstand accidental drops and impact. DOLBY digital plus sound feature creates a mesmerizing, clear, and rich sound, making it the perfect choice for watching movies.
TCL 3-series 32-inch smart LED TV featuring a VA panel and 720p native resolution delivers a decent performance for SDR content in dark rooms. It has an impressive repose time and rich sound feature, making it a great choice for casual gaming.
4. Sony 32-inch 720p Smart LED TV
The next option to our list is from a trusted brand Sony that promises reliability and uninterrupted performance in years to come. The Sony-32 inch smart LED TV comes packed with useful features making it an excellent choice for gaming and movies. Although the screen resolution of this TV is limited to 720p, it delivers lifelike details to the images-thanks to X-reality pro.
X-reality pro feature compares the images with the images previously stored in the database and sharpens the image to enhance the sharpness and detailing of the visuals. The overall contrast ratio is low, and unfortunately, reflection has a large impact on TV. We also noticed that it loses clarity and details when watching from side angles.
It is not an Android TV but has a WiFi feature that lets you browse your favorite movies and content from top-tier streaming services like Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu. The feature that has helped it stand out as the best TV under $300 is its high refreshing rate. The TV uses Motionflow XR technology that adds extra frames to the original, giving you uninterrupted and smooth videos.
With such a high refresh rate, this is an ideal choice for casual gaming also. The ports and connectivity options include HDMI, USB, WiFi, and Bluetooth. Unfortunately, there are only two HDMI ports that limit its connectivity to only a few attachments.
Sony 32-inch LED TV features top-tire construction quality and reliable hardware, making it the best TV under $300. Despite the 720p resolution, the TV delivers a decent performance while playing games and watching HD movies-thanks to Motionflow XR.
5. VIZIO 32-inch D-Series – Full HD 1080p Smart TV
Vizio 32-INCH D-series with 1080p resolution and Built-in Chromecast is the best selling and top-rated smart TV on amazon. The feature that helps this TV stand out as the best TV under $300 is its picture quality. With Full HD resolution and IQ picture processor, this TV delivers crisp and clear details. The IQ picture processing results in faster navigation and a quick picture process giving you smooth visuals.
Additionally, it has an LED display with a perfectly arranged array of LED lights, giving you well-balanced colors and picture uniformity. Unlike inexpensive TVs, we found its performance incredible even in well-lit rooms. It can handle sufficient reflection and glare and doesn’t lose clarity even in the big and well-lit rooms. Furthermore, the TV supports both Airplay and Chromecast technology.
It means you can access hundreds of apps, streaming services, and channels to watch your favorite shows, movies, and other entertainment stuff. The best thing about this TV is that it has a built-in Chromecast that lets you display the videos directly from your smart devices. Also, you can Link Up this TV with Amazon Alexa, Siri, and Google assistant for hand-free control.
It means you can use your voice to control all features of your TV. Finally, the most impressive thing about this TV is its gaming performance. The TV features a V-gaming engine and Auto gaming mode that cuts down the input lag giving you superior gaming performance with any gaming console.
Vizio 32-inch D-series smart TV delivers a bright, smooth, and well-balanced picture quality giving you the best value for money. Despite the affordable price, it offers superior performance for high-end gaming and watching HD content.
6. Insignia NS-43DF710NA21 43-inch Smart 4K UHD
Getting a 4K UHD resolution at this price point is like a dream. Insignia NS-43D is a rare model offering UHD screen resolution and HDR support at a very competitive price point. With UHD screen resolution, you will get over 8 million pixels on the screen delivering sharp and enhanced detailing.
It has a deep color contrast ratio and high brightness, making it equally useful in dark and well-lit rooms. In addition to excellent performance, the TV has Fire TV support, and you can get access to top-tier streaming services like Youtube, Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, and Hulu.
Plus, we really loved its functional remote, having some dedicated buttons like Netflix and Prime Video. Also, you can launch apps, search for new content, and control other features with a voice control feature. Since it features an Ultra High definition and low input lag, it is a great choice for gaming. You can pair it with your favorite gaming console via an HDMI port.
Insignia 43-inch smart TV with 4K HD resolution is the best way to upgrade your living room at a very competitive price. We really loved the picture quality and gaming performance of this TV and highly recommend this model if you are looking for a 4K resolution for under $300.
7. Hisense 43-Inch 43H5500G Full HD Smart Android TV
If you are looking for big screen size, this is probably the biggest screen size you can find for $300. The Hisense 43-inch TV with LED display technology and 1080p FHD resolution is a real deal-breaker for people looking for an inexpensive TV. What sets this TV apart from its counterparts is its high-end display quality. The display is backed by FHD resolution, 60 Hz refresh rate, and 120 motion rate, giving you a clear, detailed, and smooth image and video quality.
Additionally, the TV has HDR support that takes its quality to all new heights when used with compatible content and gaming. Also, it has a high contrast ratio with a wide color gamut, resulting in the crips and superior image quality even in the well-lit rooms. Additionally, the TV comes packed with hundreds of TV shows, movies, and other entertainment stuff.
You can stream your favorite content from streaming services like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and Disney. Additionally, you can link it up with Google assistant to use the voice commands to control voice, brightness, search for apps, movies, and other content. The connectivity options include WiFi, Bluetooth, Ethernet port, two USB ports, RF connector RCA output, and 2 HDMI ports.
Since it’s a smart TV, only two HDMI ports are not enough to attach all the modern attachments like Chromecast, gaming console, and soundbar. Finally, we really liked the sound quality. This TV by Hisense features double 7W speakers with DTS sound technology, giving you the best ever sound experience.
Hisense 43-inch Smart Android TV is an inexpensive device with high-end features and can outperform many expensive models. With an FHD resolution and HDR support, this is undoubtedly the best TV you can buy for under $300.
As a general rule of thumb, the more you spend, the more you get. But it becomes challenging to choose a TV when you have strict budget constraints. Finding a TV under $300 is not difficult, but finding a worth-buying TV under this price is quite challenging. Inexpensive devices cut down important features and may also comprise the construction quality. Here is a complete guide on how you can find the best TV for under $300.
Screen size is the biggest factor to consider while buying a new TV. The TV screen size depends upon the space available and the number of viewers at your home. While looking for a TV under $300, there are limited screen size options available. Generally, you can find TVs with 32-inch,40 inches, and maximum 55-inch under this price range.
A 32-inch TV is ideal for small rooms and a maximum of two to three persons. However, if you have a big family, you can go with a 40-inch TV for your living room. If you are going to buy a 55-inch TV, you must consider the space available at your home.
Also, you should consider how close you sit to the TV. In general, you should sit thrice as far as the height of your TV screen. Keeping these things in mind, you can easily choose the right screen size for the TV.
Screen resolution refers to the number of pixels that make up the picture on your screen. The higher resolution of the screen results in sharper and detailed pictures. For a TV under $300, the maximum resolution you can get is 1080p, which is also known as Full HD resolution.
However, most of the models under this range feature 720p resolution. 720-p resolution works great for a screen size under 40-inches and a normal viewing distance. However, in large screens and big rooms, the 720p resolution doesn’t offer clarity and detailing.
The contrast ratio is the ratio of black and white shades on the TV. The higher construct ratio means more uniformity on the screen and no noticeable difference between bright and dark shades.
The higher contrast ratio will also increase the Device’s ability to handle reflection and glare when used in a well-lit room. Therefore you should always hunt for a higher contrast ratio, especially if you are a gaming or movie lover. The VA panels offer a higher construct ratio than IPS panels.
Viewing angles matters when there are more people watching TV from different angles. The wider viewing angles mean clear pictures from all the angles on the TV. However, TVs with VA displays have narrower viewing angles than IPS displays and are not much clearer from the side angles. If you want a wider viewing angle, you should go with a TV offering an IPS display.
The type of display refers to the way your screen is lit. In general, you will find two display types, LED and OLED.LED refers to liquid crystal display and is commonly found in inexpensive smart TVs. It uses light-emitting diodes that lit the screen from the top, bottom and sides.
In OLED display types, the lights are directly thrown from the back. It uses organic light-emitting diodes to offer rich colors and a higher contrast ratio than LED displays. Keep in mind that LED display technology also works great, and there’s nothing wrong with getting LED display type.
Refresh rate refers to the number of times the frame of your screen changes per minute. A higher refresh rate means more smooth videos. For a TV under $300, you can find a refresh rate between 60-180 Hz. 120 Hz refresh rate delivers smooth performance and is a sweet spot for inexpensive TVs.
HDMI port and Connectivity
The number of HDMI ports is a crucial factor of any TV. In modern TVs, you should look for more HDMI ports. All the modern attachments like soundbars, game consoles, Roku devices, and Chromecast all require HDMI ports. Therefore, you should always look for more HDMI ports.
What TV brand lasts the longest?
Samsun, LG, Panasonic, and Sony are the most reliable TV brands, and their products promise durability and long-term performance. Also, you can easily find the parts replacement of these brands in the USA.
What is the best TV for the Money 2021?
VIZIO 32-inch D-Series – Full HD 1080p Smart TV is the best TV for money in 2021. With a built-in Chromecast, 1080p resolution, and a high refresh rate, it is one of the best TVs for watching HD content and playing games.
Wrapping it Up
Finding a smart TV for a low price is not as hard as it was in the past. However, you should keep in mind that Brands cut down some high-end features to make these TVs affordable. Before buying a new smart TV, it is critical to ensure that the TV does not compromise on the construction and hardware quality. All the products on our list are top-rated and reliable, but our top-three picks are
Hisense 43-Inch 43H5500G Full HD Smart Android TV for its large screen size, 1080p resolution, and supreme sound technology
Sony 32-inch 720p Smart LED TV for Motionflow RX and Reality-X PRO technologies, reliable hardware, and construction quality, and voice controls.
VIZIO 32-inch D-Series – Full HD 1080p Smart TV for FHD resolution, IQ picture processing, picture uniformity, well-balanced colors, and Apple Airplay support.
We are hopeful that this review and buying guide will help you get the best TV for a reasonable price. For getting the right screen size, you must consider the viewing distance, number of viewers, and space available at your home.
Check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- 1080p resolution - View your favorite movies, shows and games in high definition.
- Alexa voice control - The Alexa Voice Remote lets you easily control your entertainment, search across apps, switch inputs, and more using just...
- Access thousands of shows with Fire TV - Watch over 500,000 streaming movies and TV episodes with access to thousands of channels, apps and Alexa...
- DTS TruSurround - This multi-channel format creates an immersive surround sound experience through your TV’s speakers.
- Item arrives in packaging that reveals what’s inside and can’t be hidden.
- See all your content in one place - Fire TV brings live, over-the-air TV, streaming channels, and your favorite apps together onto one convenient...
- Regza Engine 4K is Toshiba’s high performance 4K engine for stunning picture quality, with ultra essential PQ technology combined with high...
- 4 times resolution of Full HD, four times the detail. With Toshiba 4K TV, you can enjoy uncompromisingly crisp, clear visuals for a fully...
- Dolby Vision HDR and HDR10 transforms your TV into an entertainment powerhouse. The image technology from cinemas, now brought together in the...
- DTS Virtual: X technology is a scalable and versatile advanced post processing package that creates an immersive audio experience by virtualizing...
- HD: A great view. LG HD TV's screen delivers accurate images with great contrast, resolution and vivid color.
- SMART TV WITH WEBOS: webOS platform delivers streaming simplicity. Featuring streaming apps like Netflix, Hulu, Sling, Prime Video and more. A...
- WALL MOUNTABLE: To simplify the mounting process, the rear panel of the TV arrives with the necessary screw holes to accept an industry-standard...
- HDMI: offers incredible audio/video quality and single-cable convenience. This monitor includes an HDMI input, so you can connect a true...
- Included components: Power Cable, Remote Control, Stand
- Superior 4K Picture Enter an unrivaled world of color variation, impressive contrasts, and image detail with 4K resolution (3840 x 2160). Sceptre...
- MEMC 120 With a MEMC 120 (Motion Estimation and Motion Compensation), all action-packed sequences will flow smoothly from frame to frame for the...
- UHD Upscaling Enjoy all your videos with UHD upscaling. With an advanced video chipset, Standard Definition (SD), High Definition (HD), or Full...
- HDMI 2.0 Connect all your favorite UHD devices- game consoles, Blu-ray devices, laptops- and stream up to 60 frames a second. HDMI 2.0 ensures...
- HDCP 2.2 HDCP 2.2 ensures that all the 4k content that is transferred from a source (Blu-Ray player, DVD player, etc.) to the display (the TV) is...
- Your purchase includes One Samsung Electronics UN32M4500A 32-Inch Smart TV, 2017 model, One standard remote controller (TM1240B) with batteries,...
- TV Dimensions: Without Stand – 29.3" W x 17.4" H x 2.7" D | With Stand – 29.3" W x 18.4" H x 5.9" D | Screen size: 31.5” measured...
- No Bluetooth capability. Enjoy a clear moving picture Resolution at Motion Rate 60 with amazing refresh Rate, processing speed and backlight...
- Enjoy a Fluid browsing experience and faster control - switching between apps, streaming content, and other media effortlessly
- Specifications: HDMI – 2 | USB – 1 | Power Supply – AC110-120V 50/60Hz | Typical Power Consumption – 33 W | VESA wall mount compatible...
- The Skyworth premium 1080p HD LED Television offers perfect picture quality and sound. A TV made for the future with it's premium LED panel and...
- The infinity A53 quad-core processor brings you infinite seamless technology to your home. The chipset is packed with quicker loading time for...
- Android TV with Google assistant：The performance is smoother and faster than the previous generation. Google Assistant built in, supports...
- Chormecast Built-in：Contents from mobile phones, tablets and websites can also be shown on the big TV screen through chormecast.You can share...
- Inputs: 2*HDMI 1.4,2*USB 2.0 , 1*RF, 1*Optical, 1*Network port.
- LED With sharper contrasts of light and darks, LED display delivers a vast array of rich colors, ensuring that moving images have never been so...
- MEMC 120 With a MEMC 120 (Motion Estimation and Motion Compensation), all action-packed sequences will flow smoothly from frame to frame for the...
- HDMI HDMI not only delivers superior digital video and audio, but also, connects both to the TV with only one cable.
- Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) MHL allows streaming of contents from your compatible smartphone or tablet to Sceptre TV, which capitalize on...
- USB Port Let’s you view your pictures as a slideshow or listen to your favorite music via the USB port. Just insert your flash drive into the...
- 📺 DETAIL 📺: Supersonic HDTV brings you a crisp 1080p picture quality for stunning detail and contrast. The colors projected from the...
- 📀 BUILT-IN DVD PLAYER 📀: Supersonic HDTV comes equipped with a DVD player built into the television set. This will allow you to play your...
- 🔌HDMI / USB COMPATIBLE 🔌: Your TV contains HDMI, USB, and AC ports. This feature allows you to freely use your Firestick or similar...
- 📺 COMPATIBILITY 📺: Supersonic HDTV is compatible with Amazon Firestick and many others such as video game consoles. Built-in ports and DVD...
- 🖥️ PC INPUT 🖥️: This feature allows you to use your TV as a computer monitor. Simply connect a HDMI cable and select the right setting....
- Package Dimensions: 12.4 cms (L) x 40.9 cms (W) x 59.9 cms (H)
- Product Type: Television
- Package Quantity: 1
- Country Of Origin: China