LG B6 Description and Review
If you’re looking for one of the best TVs on the market, you’ve found it. The LG B6 is an impressive TV with even more impressive features. An infinite contrast ratio takes the cake as it’s best detail, but do not over look it’s ability to handle motion or it’s great smart features. HDR content is supported and wide color gamut makes for stunning detail for any kind of viewing experience.
With that all said, let’s dive right in and see what makes this a Top Rated TV.
LCD Type: OLED Native Resolution: 4K Native Refresh Rate: 120 Hz
- Picture Value
- Pro: An infinite contrast ratio makes for a stellar picture quality.
- Con: No options for 3D content.
- Motion Handling
- Pro: Near perfect handle of motion. Lowest response time I’ve seen.
- Con: Slight judder from some 24p playback content.
- Pro: Casual gaming will be alright with the average input lag the LG B6 comes with.
- Con: Though the input lag is very good, much of the settings need to be adjusted to have it perform the best.
- Smart Features
- Pro: WebOS3.0 has a great menu and little to no issues accessing applications.
- Con: There are ads. This is very saddening.
|Size Available||55”, 65”|
|Motion rate||120 Hz|
|Features||Full Browser, LG Content Store, Magic Mobile Connection, etc|
|Remote||LG Magic Remote Control|
|Composite In (AV)||1|
|Wi-Fi Built In||Yes|
The LG B6 is slick TV with a hefty load of options at your disposal. I’d recommend this TV to any movie enthusiast out there, but that’s not the extent of this TV’s reach. It can handle casual gaming with ease while TV shows and Movies will be a cake walk. Though as a PC Monitor is would perform well, there are better options out there.
Picture Value - Best For: Movies
There’s not much to say here in terms of what it cannot do. On the other hand there are tons to say about what the LG B6 can do. Everything under the sun aside from 3D content is handled very well. Some might even say done the best. The pure blacks and ultra-bright whites display stunning images and scenes thanks to light coming from the pixels directly. This allows the TV to not have to worry about local dimming options. The viewing angle is surprisingly good as well.
Inputs - Best For: Movies
A little bit of a struggle here in very minor areas. The casual gamer that wants to play video games occasionally will be pleased with the input lag and input features available. On the other hand if you’re interested in competitive video games you may be in the wrong place as the input lag is noticeable and the best gaming features are not present.
Smart Features - Best For: TV Shows
The WebOS 3.0 is making another appearance in the smart TV world. This makes for a great addition to the LG B6 with tons of popular apps and smart features. USB content can be read and looked at while there are tons of built-in features to browse. The many downfalls are the slight frame drops when accessing apps and that there are apps built into the WebOS platform.
If you think you’ve hit the mark with the LG B6, I have organized them by size below.
Not much to choose from for sizes here, but these sizes are often the most requested. It is likely that they’ll fit your living room or are what you’re interested in.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!
The LG B6 is easily one of the best TVs you can possibly buy right now. The contrast ratio is amazing and the wide color gamut makes for an excellent movie experience that most TVs cannot offer. Not to mention the motion handling is amazing and the smart features are very quick and snappy. One of the best TVs of 2017 right now.
- An infinite contrast ratio makes for a stellar picture quality.
- Near perfect handle of motion. Lowest response time I’ve seen.
- Casual gaming will be alright with the average input lag the LG B6 comes with.
- No options for 3D content.
- Slight judder from some 24p playback content.
- There are ads inside the WebOS platform.