This is a great 4k LED TV for gamers which is a 2019 release. One can correlate it between Samsung Q90R and Samsung 70R. Samsung Q80 is the best 4K TV and it has an excellent picture quality and it is considered as the best tv for gaming. The people who love to play games enjoy this TV because of its outstanding performance.
It gives excellent black uniformity, has remarkable local dimming support and high native contrast ratio. It has a wide range of colors and appears bright in both HDR and SDR content. It has a very low input lag so the people who like to play games more experience better gaming performance. This model can be used for TV Shows, Sports, Movies, Video Games, HDR.
See also: Best TV for outdoors
The TV has excellent control of movement and with limited distortion shows smooth movement. It has a very low input latency and supports FreeSync during playing to toggle more consistently. Thanks to the ‘ Super Viewing Angle ‘ software, it has good viewing angles, despite being a VA panel Lcd.
You should consider investing in this TV because:
• It gives excellent black uniformity
• Remarkable local dimming support and high native contrast ratio
• Bright TV delivering HDR and SDR content with wide multi-colors
• Brilliant motion handling with minimal blur.
• Has very low input lag
• Built on Ultra Viewing Angle technology
What you may not like:
• You may find it difficult to reach the inputs when the TV is wall-mounted
• At the edges of the TV, you may find minimal gray uniformity issues
What is the value proposition Samsung Q80R?
This model can be used for TV Shows, Sports, Movies, Video Games, HDR gaming and movies, and as a PC Monitor as well.
The development of the Samsung Q80R is outstanding. The structure is very similar to the Q70R, with the exception of the different metal borders and the stand. The stand provides the TV with good support, and the back of the legs is hollow to provide a cable control course.
However, once pushed, the Q80R slides much more than the Q70R. The Q80R is a very slim Led, and if you want to wall-mount it, it won’t stick out much. However, to bring it flat to the ground, it is not consistent with a no-gap wall mount. The quality of construction is outstanding and you shouldn’t have any issues with it.
The stand supports television well, but if you nudge the screen, it won’t prevent wobbling. It takes up a lot of space, but it’s not as big as the television. The quality of the design is outstanding. The Samsung Q80 is a powerful, strong Lcd, although it wobbles more than the Q70R. You shouldn’t have any trouble with this TV in fact.
The Samsung Q80R has a fantastic value for the picture. It can reveal deep standard blacks improving ordinary room execution due to the high proportion of local difference and great neighborhood darkening assistance.
The TV has phenomenal brilliance both in SDR and in HDR. It has a wide shading extent and can show HDR content with clear hues and splendid features. The Q80R has generally excellent slope execution, and in spite of the fact that it has a VA board, the picture stays precise at an edge on account of the new ‘Ultra Viewing Angle’ innovation. At long last, the dark consistency issues are limited along the edges of the screen and won’t trouble sports fans.
There’s a fantastic native contrast ratio in the Samsung Q80. But it’s smaller than most VA screen TVs. This is attributed to the ‘ Super Viewing Angle ‘ surface in television which increases viewing angles at the cost of contrast ratio.
The tv has a good performance of local dimming. It performs better than the Q70R and is very similar to the Q9FN. The Q80R does not significantly dim small objects. The transition from one dimming area to the next is achieved seamlessly without hesitation when a light image passes across the camera.
The motion handling of the Q80R is excellent. It has a quick response time and creates a fresh movement which, unfortunately, because of the absence of movement obscure seems to have some falter in films.
The TV PWM dimming flicker rate is very high at 960Hz, but only when it is allowed in ‘ Game ‘ mode and without image processing. All other moments, if you allow the optional Black Frame Insertion, the flicker rate should fall to 120Hz or down to 60Hz.
The sound quality of the Samsung Q80 is excellent. The TV can get loud noise for most surrounding environments. It has a decent punch to its bass and will deliver clear and intelligible dialog.
However, the TV won’t be able to produce any thump or rumble in the sub-bass region. For a better sound, a dedicated sound system is recommended (see our recommendations for the best soundbars).
The Samsung Q80R is an excellent TV and can be used for all types of usage such as for gaming, watching tv shows, for outdoors as well as for video games. It performs just as well in a dark room, for movies and HDR content, and in a bright room for sports.
It has a fast response time, a low input lag which helps gamers, and supports some advanced gaming features, no matter if you’re gaming on a console or a PC.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon:
- HANDPICKED BY AMAZON: They did the research so you don’t have to.
- CRYSTAL PROCESSOR 4K: See every detail with stunning clarity; The powerful processor, specifically tuned for Crystal Displays, converts what...
- BUILT-IN VOICE ASSISTANTS: Access a world of content beyond streaming; Schedule recordings, search, auto-adjust gaming settings, seamlessly...
- HDR: Enjoy a whole new world of vivid color and detail found in newer films and streaming service content with HDR, also known as High Dynamic...
- MOTION XCELERATOR: With minimized blur and enhanced motion clarity, Motion Xcelerator catches all the fast-moving action, whether you're watching...
- Crystal Ultra High Definition: 65-Inch display features a super crisp and clear picture that is 4X more powerful than the resolution of full HD....
- Crystal Processor 4K: See colors the way they were intended. With an ultra-fast Crystal 4K processor, content is shown in brilliant 4K no matter...
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): Your customers want to know exactly how it looks. With Samsung’s Pro TV with high dynamic range, you can showcase...
- Extended 16/7 operating time: Day in and day out, you can depend on your TV to play what you want, when you want it.
- Intuitive, mobile-friendly Pro TV app (iOS and Android): With the Samsung Pro TV app on your phone or tablet, create dynamic content on your...
- DETAILS IN THE DARK: See brilliantly intense, 4K UHD contrast delivered by Mini LEDs and Quantum Matrix Technology
- 4K UPSCALING: No matter what you watch, Neo Quantum Processor 4K transforms it to 4K through machine-based, AI-based deep learning
- RICH COLOR AND CONTRAST: Kick up the picture on your Smart TV with the vivid color and exceptional detail of Quantum HDR 24X
- SMOOTH MOTION: Action movies, sports and games look fluid up to 4K at 120Hz with Motion Xcelerator Turbo-Plus
- SOUND YOU CAN FOLLOW: Object Tracking Sound gives you realistic 3D audio that moves with the action on screen
- QUANTUM PROCESSOR 4K: This powerful processor uses deep learning AI to transform everything you watch into stunning 4K.
- MOTION RATE 240: Minimizes motion blur on screen, so action-packed movies and sports stay smooth and crisp. Native refresh rate: 120Hz
- AMBIENT MODE+: Blends into your space by turning a blank screen into enticing visuals or at-a-glance info.
- Quantum HDR: Expands the range of color and detail beyond what's possible on HDTVs.
- Dual LED: A system of dedicated warm and cool LED backlights enhance contrast details.
- TRANSFORMATIVE 4K PROCESSOR - Transform everything you watch into stunning 4K with the ultra-fast processor.
- IMMERSICE CURVES TO ENHANCE VIEWING EXPERIENCE - Modern and polished, the sleek curved design fills the contours of your space with an immersive...
- DECORATE YOUR SPACE WITH YOUR FAVORITE PHOTOS - Elevate your space with Ambient Mode+ which enables your screen to mimic the wall behind it, so...
- YOUR NEW HOME OFFICE - Mirror your computer’s display on the TV screen wirelessly and ap into your office PC to access files or work on...
- EXPERIENCE THE BEAUTY OF 4K UHD RESOLUTION - Crisp, clear picture with 4X the resolution of Full HD.
- 4K UHD processor: Powerful 4K UHD processor optimizes your TV’s performance by upscaling every show, season, and scene with 4K picture quality
- Enhanced detail with HDR: 4K depth of detail with high dynamic range lets you see shades of color that reveal more detail than HDTV can deliver
- Purcolor reveals spectrums of color: Millions of shades of color reveal a vibrant, lifelike picture that conventional HDTV can’t create. Power...
- Smart TV features: Simple on-screen universal guide to find streaming content and live TV shows, One Remote A to control all compatible devices,...
- Curved screen design: Get pulled into the action with auto depth enhancer on curved TVs for immersive viewing
- Product Dimensions: W/ Stand: 38.2" W x 8.3" D x 25.1" H | W/o Stand: 38.2" W x 2.3" D x 22.2" H
- 4K UHD Processor: Powerful 4K UHD Processor Optimizes Your TV’s Performance by Upscaling Every Show, Season, and Scene With 4K Picture Quality
- Enhanced Detail with HDR: 4K Depth of Detail with High Dynamic Range Lets You See Shades of Color That Reveal More Detail than Hdtv Can Deliver
- Purcolor Reveals Spectrums of Color: Millions of Shades of Color Reveal a Vibrant, Lifelike Picture That Conventional Hdtv Can’t Create
- Smart TV Features: Simple on screen universal guide to find streaming content and live TV shows, OneRemote to control all compatible devices,...
- EXTRAORDINARY CONTRAST: See how deep blacks and bright whites make the difference with Mini LEDS & Quantum Matrix Technology Pro
- 8K UPSCALING: Whatever you watch, the Neo Quantum Processor 8K automatically converts your content to stunning 8K*
- INFINITY SCREEN: Immerse yourself in the stunning sharpness and depth of 8K on an expansive, nearly edge-to-edge screen
- SOUND THAT MOVES YOU: Discover TV audio that follows the action on screen with Object Tracking Sound Pro
- LIFELIKE BRILLIANCE: Experience a truly jaw-dropping spectrum of vibrant colors with Quantum HDR 64X