The Samsung RU7100 is a decent 4k LED TV with a great overall quality of the pictures. Thanks to the strong native contrast ratio, it can offer dark blacks and is good for a dim room. However, to further enhance the efficiency of the darkroom it needs a local dimming function.
Out of the box it has strong gray uniformity and great clarity in color. This has no wide gamut of colors and can’t get very bright, especially in HDR. Motion control is mediocre, but the input lag is remarkably low, rendering the TV very responsive; something gamers would be satisfied with.
Unfortunately it does not support any of the innovative gaming features seen on Samsung’s higher-end versions, so when presented from the edge, the picture loses accuracy.
- Excellent low input lag.
- Good uniformity.
- Poor HDR peak brightness.
- Image degrades when viewed at an angle.
The Samsung RU7100 design is superb, similar to the 2018 Samsung NU7100 model. The stand does well to support the TV and has a minimal wobble. However, it’s almost as large as the screen, so you need a wide table to set it on.
The rear of the television is constructed from plastic with the same textured finish used on Samsung TVs 2018. Cable control is serviced via guide tracks at the rear of the TV and with the aid of a few clips attached to the legs. The standard of the build is good, and you should not have any problems with it.
The stand supports the TV well, but it’s made out of plastic. Its width is nearly that of the TV, and although there’s some wobble, it’s minimal. Footprint of the 55″ TV stand: 38.3″ x 10.4″.
Generally, the RU7100 has decent build efficiency. The exterior casing is made nearly exclusively of plastic. There are no gaps or loose ends in the seam other than some flex where the back joins the borders; this should not be a problem.
The RU7100 ‘s native contrast-ratio is outstanding. It is perfect to watch movies in a dim room to the maximum. Unfortunately the TV has really no local dimming feature to improve the contrast ratio further. The Samsung TU8000 makes the contrast ratio much higher.
The Samsung RU7100 needs a local dimming feature. The video shown is for comparison purposes only.
For Movies: The RU7100 is a good TV to watch movies in the darkroom. It has an excellent native contrast ratio and can deliver deep blacks, but lacks a local dimming feature to further improve the performance of dark rooms. Unfortunately, the 24p judder can not be deleted from any source.
For sports: This is a great TV for sports watching. It has a quick response time and items that travel quickly have just a slight blur track. The gray uniformity is good, and if you watch your favorite game you should not encounter any dirty screen effect. Unfortunately, due to its low viewing angles the RU7100 is not a reasonable option for a large room with a wide seating arrangement.
HDR gaming: RU7100 is a good HDR TV Gaming TV . The input lag is extremely low and the response time is fast. The HDR performance is not great, unfortunately, as it does not display a wide range of colors and it does not get very bright. The response time, however, is quick so low motion blur is available.
PC monitor: The RU7100 is a great pc monitor TV for use. Because of its low input lag it is extremely responsive. The viewing angles are not perfect, and you can lose picture quality at the sides if you sit too close to the screen. It can view chroma 4:4:4 properly, however, with all the resolutions it supports, which is awesome.
Response time is really nice on this TV. Fast-moving objects have only a very short blur trail behind them, with mostly quick transitions. Any smearing may be seen in dark scenes as there is a longer transition from 0 percent to 20 percent in darker shades.
The response is medium in frequency. LFE (Low-Frequency Extension) is good at 80Hz. This indicates that the RU7100 has a good amount of power to its bass but is unable to generate any thump or rumble. The above LFE answer is fairly flat and well-balanced, resulting in simple, intelligible dialogue.
The RU7100 has really no room correction feature, and we couldn’t uninstall our check room modes about 200Hz. The RU7100 can get relatively loud for large and noisy conditions but not loud enough.
The RU7100 offers good performance in distortion. Under greater loads, there was no big jump in THD and the total volume of harmonic distortion is with normal standards.
The RU7100 interface is user friendly and runs relatively smoothly. During our research we noticed no major issues, except that sometimes the edges of the panel are cut off due to over scanning when you adjust the data from ‘PC’ to something else. Only clicking through the setting for Picture Size fixes the problem, even though you don’t adjust something.
Samsung’s app store has an abundance of apps to choose from. The apps run relatively smoothly and navigating through them is easy.
This is a good Multi Usage TV. It is better suited for darker rooms because it can’t get very bright to overcome glare. It has a low input lag which makes it very sensitive, but unfortunately, because of the poor viewing angles, you have to sit straight in front to enjoy the most accurate image, as most VA panels expect.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon:
- DYNAMIC CRYSTAL COLOR: A fine crystal layer reveals millions of true-to-life colors.
- CRYSTAL PROCESSOR 4K: Intelligent, ultra-fast optimization of 4K content
- SMART TV WITH MULTIPLE VOICE ASSISTANTS: Access apps and streaming services right on your TV with your voice.
- 3 HDMI PORTS: Connect up to 3 devices with HDMI.
- HDR: Unveils shades of color that go beyond HDTV.
- This product is a Commercial grade television and only supports Youtube | You would need an external media player for consumer apps such as...
- TV dimensions | With stand – 57” L x 11.16” D x 35.63” H | Without stand – 57” L x 2.35” D x 31.6” H | Ports | HDMI – 2 | USB...
- 65-Inch display features a super crisp and clear picture that is 4X more powerful than the resolution of full HD | Crystal UHD takes your content...
- With the Samsung Pro TV app on your phone or tablet, create dynamic content on your time. With a super-easy guide to walk you through the setup,...
- Your customers want to know exactly how it looks | With Samsung’s Pro TV with high dynamic range, you can showcase every detail in a wide...
- DETAILS IN THE DARK: See brilliantly intense, 4K UHD contrast delivered by Mini LEDs and Quantum Matrix Technology
- 4K UPSCALING: No matter what you watch, Neo Quantum Processor 4K transforms it to 4K through machine-based, AI-based deep learning
- RICH COLOR AND CONTRAST: Kick up the picture on your Smart TV with the vivid color and exceptional detail of Quantum HDR 24X
- SMOOTH MOTION: Action movies, sports and games look fluid up to 4K at 120Hz with Motion Xcelerator Turbo+
- SOUND YOU CAN FOLLOW: Object Tracking Sound gives you realistic 3D audio that moves with the action on screen
- QUANTUM PROCESSOR 4K: This powerful processor uses deep learning AI to transform everything you watch into stunning 4K.
- MOTION RATE 240: Minimizes motion blur on screen, so action-packed movies and sports stay smooth and crisp. Native refresh rate: 120Hz
- AMBIENT MODE+: Blends into your space by turning a blank screen into enticing visuals or at-a-glance info.
- Quantum HDR: Expands the range of color and detail beyond what's possible on HDTVs.
- Dual LED: A system of dedicated warm and cool LED backlights enhance contrast details.
- TRANSFORMATIVE 4K PROCESSOR - Transform everything you watch into stunning 4K with the ultra-fast processor.
- IMMERSICE CURVES TO ENHANCE VIEWING EXPERIENCE - Modern and polished, the sleek curved design fills the contours of your space with an immersive...
- DECORATE YOUR SPACE WITH YOUR FAVORITE PHOTOS - Elevate your space with Ambient Mode+ which enables your screen to mimic the wall behind it, so...
- YOUR NEW HOME OFFICE - Mirror your computer’s display on the TV screen wirelessly and ap into your office PC to access files or work on...
- EXPERIENCE THE BEAUTY OF 4K UHD RESOLUTION - Crisp, clear picture with 4X the resolution of Full HD.
- 4K UHD processor: Powerful 4K UHD processor optimizes your TV’s performance by upscaling every show, season, and scene with 4K picture quality
- Enhanced detail with HDR: 4K depth of detail with high dynamic range lets you see shades of color that reveal more detail than HDTV can deliver
- Purcolor reveals spectrums of color: Millions of shades of color reveal a vibrant, lifelike picture that conventional HDTV can’t create. Power...
- Smart TV features: Simple on-screen universal guide to find streaming content and live TV shows, One Remote A to control all compatible devices,...
- Curved screen design: Get pulled into the action with auto depth enhancer on curved TVs for immersive viewing
- Product Dimensions: W/ Stand: 38.2" W x 8.3" D x 25.1" H | W/o Stand: 38.2" W x 2.3" D x 22.2" H
- 4K UHD Processor: Powerful 4K UHD Processor Optimizes Your TV’s Performance by Upscaling Every Show, Season, and Scene With 4K Picture Quality
- Enhanced Detail with HDR: 4K Depth of Detail with High Dynamic Range Lets You See Shades of Color That Reveal More Detail than Hdtv Can Deliver
- Purcolor Reveals Spectrums of Color: Millions of Shades of Color Reveal a Vibrant, Lifelike Picture That Conventional Hdtv Can’t Create
- Smart TV Features: Simple on screen universal guide to find streaming content and live TV shows, OneRemote to control all compatible devices,...
- EXTRAORDINARY CONTRAST: See how deep blacks and bright whites make the difference with Mini LEDS & Quantum Matrix Technology Pro
- 8K UPSCALING: Whatever you watch, the Neo Quantum Processor 8K automatically converts your content to stunning 8K*
- INFINITY SCREEN: Immerse yourself in the stunning sharpness and depth of 8K on an expansive, nearly edge-to-edge screen
- SOUND THAT MOVES YOU: Discover TV audio that follows the action on screen with Object Tracking Sound Pro
- LIFELIKE BRILLIANCE: Experience a truly jaw-dropping spectrum of vibrant colors with Quantum HDR 64X