With the Sanus VMT5 Premium Series Tilt Mount, you’ll be able to finally get that mid-range TV up on your wall all while looking sleek and hiding some cable that would otherwise look like a mess.
It features universal mounting which means it covers a huge range of VESA patterns. So if you have an odd-ball TV, odds are that this wall mount will support your TV. It is best for 40 inch TVs through 50 inch TVs and only supported up to 75 pounds or 34 kilograms.
SANUS VMT5B1 Tilting Mount
Available on Amazon
Sanus VMT5B1 40-50 Inches Premium Series Tilt Wall Mount for Flat-Panel TV (Black)
- Too low to display
- 13 new from $89.99
- Product Brand: SANUS
- Model Code: VST4
- Wall Mount Width: 23.25″ / 59.06cm
- Wall Mount Height: 17.95″ / 45.59cm
- Wall Mount Depth: 2.19″ / 5.56cm
- Wall Mount Weight: 8.97lbs / 4.07kg
- TV Size Range: 40″ – 50″ / 101.60cm – 127.00cm
- Maximum TV Weight: 75lbs / 34.02kg
- Degree of Tilt: 7° / -12°
Supported VESA Patterns:
- VESA 100 x 100
- VESA 100 x 200
- VESA 200 x 100
- VESA 200 x 200
- VESA 200 x 300
- VESA 200 x 400
- VESA 300 x 100
- VESA 300 x 200
- VESA 300 x 300
- VESA 300 x 400
- VESA 400 x 100
- VESA 400 x 200
- VESA 400 x 300
- VESA 400 x 400
- VESA 500 x 100
- VESA 500 x 200
- VESA 500 x 300
- VESA 500 x 400
Tools You Will Need For Installation
To make things as easy as possible you are going to need some tools. Below are the needed tools to properly set the wall mount up.
- 7/32″ Drill Bit
- 3/8″ Drill Bit
- 3/8″ Masonry Bit
- 1/2″ Socket Wrench
- Electric Drill
- Phillips Head Screwdriver
- Tape Measure
How To Install The Sanus VMT5B1
- You first connect the wall mount bracket to the TV.
- Then you mount the wall plate to the wall as the name suggests.
- Then you attach the wall mount bracket to the wall plate.
- It’s as simple as that. Below are more details instructions if you get stuck along the way.
Step 1 – Wall Bracket
- 1-1 Find the TV screws and insert them into the back of the TV.
- 1-2 Determine if the provided spacers are needed.
- 1-3 Measure your TV’s VESA pattern
- 1-4 Using the correct bracket, attach to the VESA holes on your TV.
Step 2 – Wall Plate
- 2-1 If using the stud finder, find the studs in your wall
- 2-2 If you have concrete walls, measure and apply wall anchors.
- 2-3 Once holes are made or anchored, attach wall plate to the wall.
- Step 3- Attach Bracket to Wall Plate | HEAVY! You may need assistance with this step.
3-1 Final Step
The locking tab needs to be in the unlocked position before attaching the TV to the wall plate. Once the TV is on the wall plate, the locking tab needs to be in a locked position.
Though limited by its design the VMT5B1 does well for itself by supporting a larger number of VESA patterns than its smaller brother the VSTA-B1. This offers more to you in that one metric alone. Besides that, it offers the same materials and options to the pan. So a slightly better wall mount in the end.
- There is a good number of supported VESA patterns.
- Options to tilt up and down.
- Easy to install.
- Limited design.
- Price has been difficult over time.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon: