SANUS VXT5 Description and Review
With the Sanus VXT5 wall mount you’ll notice some differences right away with just its appearance. It is more robust than other models of Sanus wall mounts and this is because of one keep feature that it offers. The ability to rotate rather than just tilt or slide. This allows for a great amount of control over the wall mount when finding the best spot for it to be mounted. Combined with that great feature it offers a large weight coverage and a very large range of sizes of TVs it can support. It is also well priced considering all it can do for just a tilting wall mount.
- Product Brand: SANUS
- Model Code: VXT5
- Wall Mount Width: 31.81″ / 80.80cm
- Wall Mount Height1: 3.25″ / 33.66cm
- Wall Mount Depth: 3.34″ / 8.48cm
- Wall Mount Weight: 26.63lbs / 12.08kg
- TV Size Range: 46″ – 90″ / 116.84cm – 228.60cm
- Maximum TV Weight: 180lbs / 81.65kg
- Degree of Tilt: 2° / -2°
I recommend you read the weight limit to ensure your TV is properly supported by this wall mount.
- VESA 100 x 100
- VESA 100 x 100
- VESA 100 x 200
- VESA 200 x 100
- VESA 200 x 200
- VESA 200 x 300
- VESA 200 x 400
- VESA 300 x 100
- VESA 300 x 200
- VESA 300 x 300
- VESA 300 x 400
- VESA 400 x 100
- VESA 400 x 200
- VESA 400 x 300
- VESA 400 x 400
- VESA 500 x 100
- VESA 500 x 200
- VESA 500 x 300
- VESA 500 x 400
- VESA 600 x 100
- VESA 600 x 200
- VESA 600 x 300
- VESA 600 x 400
Often times a supported VESA pattern will mean it will fit your TV, but you need to make sure your TV fits your wall. I cannot stress that enough.
To make things as easy as possible you are going to need some tools. Below are the needed tools to properly set the wall mount up. Most tools are provided inside the package the wall mount comes in, but if not I made a simple chart to find what you will need to make the install go smoothly.
- 7/32″ Drill Bit
- 3/8″ Drill Bit
- 1/2″ Socket Wrench
- Electric Drill
- Phillips Head Screwdriver
- Tape Measure
Though these tools are familiar to me, they may not be to you. I’ve provided a reference photo for each different tool, but be sure you know how to use each tool before the install. This will make for a smooth and easy wall mount install.
At this point things could not be easier, unless you had some one come do the install for you. It’s as simple as connecting the wall mount bracket to the back of the TV. This will include the proper VESA pattern and the rolling piece of the wall mount. Then you mount the wall plate to the wall in the position you see best. A level helps a bunch during this step. Then lastly, connect the wall mount bracket to the wall plate. You’ll press into the bottom of the TV against the wall plate until you hear a click. Then you’re all set.
- 1-1 Find the TV screws and insert them into the back of the TV.
- 1-2 Determine if the provided spacers are needed.
- 1-3 Measure your TV’s VESA pattern
- 1-4 Using the correct bracket, attach to the VESA holes on your TV.
Step 2 – Wall Plate
- 2-1 If using the stud finder, find the studs in your wall
- 2-2 If you have concrete walls, measure and apply wall anchors.
- 2-3 Once holes are made or anchored, attach wall plate to the wall.
Step 3- Attach Bracket to Wall Plate | HEAVY! You may need assistance with this step.
- 3-1 Final Step
- The locking tab needs to be in the unlocked position before attaching the TV to the wall plate. Once the TV is on the wall plate, the locking tab needs to be in the locked position.
The combined weight of the SANUS wall mount and your TV may be too much for you to carry. I recommend you get help from some one as needed to properly install the wall mount.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!
The SANUS VXT5 Wall Mount is strong and well built even when compared to the other SANUS wall mounts available. It offers some decent functionality to tilt back and forth all while supporting a huge range of VESA patterns. Great stuff here.
- Wide range of supported VESA patterns.
- Quality materials.
- Ability to rotate.
- The degree of tilt could be wider.