Alexa is woven into the more robust features of the Toshiba Amazon Fire TV, but they do work well. The Fire TV has a great contrast ratio which allows for good dark room viewing, but doesn't have local dimming features or a very good viewing angle which means the picture is a little stuck where it is unfortunately. Though, the response time of the Amazon Fire TV is fast and there are some more basic interpolation options available if you preferred a smooth picture. All-in-all the Toshiba Fire TV is a smart option, but leans towards the more basic side.
- Native contrast ratio is bonkers.
- Alexa voice assistant is smoother than other smart TV options on the market.
- Rather quick response time for fast moving content.
- The picture quality worsens at an angle.
- Small sizes of this Fire TV only support 720p or 1080p resolutions.
- Judder is not easily removed from the picture and many options of the smart TV require an Amazon Prime account.