The Vizio E Series 2018 is a good 4K LED TV that offers a good picture but is a great smart TV when thinking of its lower cost. The motion handling and inputs of the E Series are also a reflection of its lower cost but still, manage to offer more than other options at this price point. I wasn’t blown away with this smart TV, but couldn’t deny that saving money always feels good.
Even when being used for video games or as a PC monitor it works well with its basic support of most resolutions. Some of the drawbacks to the E Series are its some-what narrow viewing angle and lack of a larger color gamut for a more detailed picture. Though, these can easily be overlooked since this is a budget-oriented TV set.
I even don’t believe thing beats OLED, but the large 65-inch Vizio E-Series action I’ve been using is advancing me over to the 4K line. Vizio has created the name for itself by providing high-end TVs on the cheap, and the recent E-Series is a prime example of the strategy in business.
This 65-inch E65-E0 I’m using has The lovely LED door with The 4K Ultra HD element resolution (3, 840 x 2, 160 pixels), The whole backlit screen with 12 local dimming zones (more on those soon), HDR10 for special contrast, high-speed Wi-Fi AC, Bluetooth 4.1 help, built-in streaming apps that really get fairly well, and Chromecast help, also.
This Vizio E program 2018 is often greater than the Toshiba Fire TV 2018. The Vizio has local dimming and Dolby Vision help, it also has a better color range and color volume, and Therefore, it will show HDR content somewhat better.
This Vizio has a lower input lag, which is important if you make video games or take the television as a PC display. Eventually, the Vizio has a quicker reaction time so it will show fast-moving content with less blur.
This Toshiba Fire television 2018, in contrast, supports movement interpolation for the soap opera force enthusiasts and will upscale greater TV information, which is crucial if you watch a lot of TV shows or sports.
Vizio E Series HDR Smart TV
The Vizio E Series 2018 is most certainly a casual smart TV. All of the different uses will look alright, but none of them will look great.
- Video Games
- PC Monitor
- TV Shows
Vizio has announced 6 sizes for the E Series. The 43″ (E43-F1), 50″ (E50-F2), 55″ (E55-F1), 65″ (E65-F0), 70″ (E70-F3), and 75″ (E75-F1). Currently, two are available for ordering.
The picture quality of the Vizio E Series 2018 is exceptional for its lower cost. Its most notable feature is its contrast ratio which helps with viewing the smart TV in the dark. The E Series also has a good handle over upscaling content, satisfactory FALD (full-array local dimming), and an average color gamut making it a solid option for general uses.
The E Series has an unusual contrast ratio for a smart TV as cheap as this. Being over around 5000 makes for a large impact on the overall picture value whether you’re viewing the TV in well or poorly lit room. Unfortunately, even though the local dimming performs well enough to score well it didn’t make a big difference with the E Series contrast ratio.
- Local Dimming: Yes
- Backlight: FALD (Full-Array Local Dimming
- Bottom Line: Average
The local dimming features of the Vizio E Series 2018 is good, but nothing noteworthy of a smart TV. It didn’t bloom too largely, but in the end, there was blooming that took place. IN combination with that there wasn’t much of an improvement made to the contrast ratio by these features. On the Series, I recommend you leave the local dimming options off or on the lowest setting possible.
Sadly, though the contrast ratio of the E Series is quite good, the blacks level are the first to “wash” when viewed at an angle. This deteriorates the picture quite rapidly leading to a narrower viewing angle. Though this is expected of a VA (vertically aligned) panel which the E Series has.
My Vizio E Series TV review found the color gamut to be good, but nothing overly great. Though anyone can expect this as the E Series is Vizio’s “Economy” model that comes at a lower cost, but with that said it is a competitive color gamut inside of its price range.
The only real issues are that HDR colors are not appropriately displayed which can sometimes lead to an odd-looking picture. I’d urge you to remember though, that HDR is not intended use of the E Series.
There’s no real plus to the motion handling of the Vizio E Series 2018 because it is just managing to get done what is needed. No bells and whistles here from Vizio. The response time is low and that’s all folks.
There is little motion blur when the E Series is told to handle motion. The picture is smoothed just enough to prevent eye tracking and it looks nice.
- 24p Playback
- 24p: Yes
- 24p via 60p: No
- 24p via 60i: No
- Bottom Line: Average
Only DVDs, Blu-ray, and native smart TV applications will have judder removed when viewed on the Vizio E Series.
A rather nice thing going for the E Series is its inputs. The variety is pleasant, the input lag itself is low enough for most gaming, and Dolby Vision, as well as HDR10, are supported. Though the chroma subsampling isn’t ideal the Vizio E Series manages to offer some power options to its users.
- HDMI Ports: 4 (1 side / 3 bottom)
- Component: 1 (side/shared with Composite)
- Ethernet: 1 (bottom)
- USB Ports: 1 (side)
- TV Tuner: 1
- Analog Audio Out:1 (bottom)
- Digital Audio Out: 1
- The TV TUNER makes an appearance on the E Series after tons of requests made to Vizio last year!
- E43-F1: 200 mm x 200 mm
- E50-F2: 200 mm x 200 mm
- E55-F1: 200 mm x 200 mm
- E65-F0: 400 mm x 200 mm
- E70-F3: 400 mm x 400 mm
- E75-F1: 400 mm x 400 mm
- Best Input Lag: ~30 ms
- Bottom Line: Good
I found the Vizio E Series 2018 to have a good input lag. It’s not as low as you’d prefer for competitive gaming, but works well in conjunction with other casual uses.
- HDR10: Yes
- Dolby Vision: Yes
- 5.1 ARC Dolby Digital: Yes
- 5.1 Passthrough ARC DTS: Yes
- 5.1 Optical Dolby Digital: Yes
- 5.1 Optical DTS: Yes
- ARC: Yes (HDMI 1)
Vizio has chosen for another year to run the Google SmartCast operating system which is a bare-bones variant of a smart platform. The selection of applications is the most fundamental option such as YouTube, and Amazon Prime while there is no store to download more applications if those ever become old or boring.
The biggest attraction to this operating system is its ability to “cast” from almost any device which is incredibly nice for having friends and family over. Granted, the E Series has no voice commands or media connection that more expensive smart TVs have.
- Operating System: Google SmartCast
- Bottom Line: Super Simple
Despite the SmartCast platform being basic, the applications themselves run very well. YouTube, Netflix, and Amazon Prime all booted fast without much of a delay when bouncing around the third party menus.
Without doing any serious damage to your wallet, I found that my Vizio E Series TV review to reflect last year’s variant quite well. The picture is not without fault, but for the lower cost, the trade-off is entirely worth it.
The same can be said for the some-what good response time and average smart features on the 2018 Vizio E Series. If you’re looking for something affordable then you’ve just the thing.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon:
- 4K Ultra HD - Over 8 million pixels for breathtaking detail. 4 times the resolution of 1080p!
- Dolby Vision Bright Mode - You’ll see even more lifelike accuracy, color saturation, black detail, and brightness in Dolby Vision Bright...
- Full Array Backlight - LEDs are evenly distributed across the screen's backlight for superior light uniformity and picture performance.
- IQ Active Processor - Delivers superior picture processing, including a powerful and intelligent 4K upscaling engine that enhances your favorite...
- Active Pixel Tuning - Intelligent pixel-level brightness adjustments that tune contrast levels frame by frame in over 2000 zones of the screen...
- Quantum Color Built on VIZIO’s high-performance Active Full Array backlight, VIZIO’s next-generation Quantum Color delivers cinematic color...
- UltraBright 1200 Bring your entertainment to life with spectacular bright highlights at up to 1200 nits of peak brightness, more accurately...
- Active Full Array with 240 Local Dimming Zones VIZIO’s high-performance Active Full Array backlight precisely brightens and dims areas of the...
- VIZIO IQ UltraTM Processor Inside, VIZIO’s fastest, smartest chip – the revolutionary IQ Ultra processor offers best-in-class picture...
- SmartCast With lightning fast navigation, enjoy instant access to the best selection of apps from top tier streaming services like Netflix,...
- Please do note that the SmartCast feature is no longer available for use outside of the USA. (The Vizio manufacturer disabled this feature for...
- Dolby Vison HDR Dolby Vision transforms your TV experience with dramatic imaging – incredible brightness, contrast, and color that bring...
- 4K Ultra HD With over 8 million pixels, 4 times the resolution of 1080p - enjoy every scene with breathtaking detail.
- Full Array Backlight LEDs are evenly distributed across the screen's backlight for superior light uniformity and picture performance.
- VIZIO IQ Active 4K HDR Processor Inside, the lightning-fast IQ Active processor delivers superior picture processing, and more intelligent 4K...
- Dolby Vison HDR: Dolby Vision transforms your TV experience with dramatic imaging – incredible brightness, contrast, and color that bring...
- 4K Ultra HD: With over 8 million pixels, 4 times the resolution of 1080p - enjoy every scene with breathtaking detail.
- Full Array Backlight: LEDs are evenly distributed across the screen's backlight for superior light uniformity and picture performance.
- VIZIO IQ Active 4K HDR Processor: Inside, the lightning-fast IQ Active processor delivers superior picture processing, and more intelligent 4K...
- V-Gaming Engine: Automatically makes the latest Xbox One and PlayStation gameplay more responsive with Auto Game Mode and the V-Series lowest...
- Use the VIZIO SmartCast Mobile app anywhere in the home to access additional entertainment, settings and playback controls from your mobile...
- Google chromecast is built into all vizio smart TV's like this one!
- Excellent quality and picture- Browse and launch popular apps like Netflix directly from the TV using the all-new remote with SmartCast Home.
- Powerful presentations-Built-in WiFi Connect with high-speed wireless for easy internet access with fast load times.
- YOU WILL LOVE THIS: Includes VIZIO WatchFree with over 100 live and internet streaming channels absolutely FREE live news, movies, movies,...
- Dolby Vision HDR: Dolby Vision Transforms your TV experience with dramatic imaging – incredible brightness, contrast, and color that bring...
- 4K Ultra HD: With over 8 million pixels — 4 times the resolution of 1080p — enjoy every scene in breathtaking detail.
- VIZIO IQ ActiveTM Processor: Inside, the lightning-fast IQ Active processor delivers superior picture processing, and more intelligent 4K...
- ProGaming EngineTM: Automatically optimizes Xbox and Playstation gameplay with a unique suite of gaming features that provide smoother graphics,...
- AMD FreeSync: Gaming shouldn’t be a choice between choppy gameplay or broken frames. With the M-Series Quantum, it doesn’t have to be. Get...