If you’re asking what is the best 43 inch smart TV, chances are that you’re looking for something to fit a space smaller than most living rooms.
Perhaps a bedroom or kitchen. This is great and means two things. You’re going to want to make sure you’re viewing distance is measured properly and you’re going to be able to save yourself some cash. Below is some information to help with all of that.
See also: Best 40 inch smart TV
TV Viewing Distance Size Chart
There will be a chart in conjunction with this information to help you easily make sure you’re looking for the best size of TV for the living space you’re trying to fill. On the desktop, it will be to the right, and on mobile, it will be below, but why is the right viewing distance important?
Simply put, immersion. An immersive experience is a good one and everyone is looking for the best experience. So by making sure your viewing distance is correct, you can help maximize everything a TV has to offer that isn’t hardware or software.
If you’re looking for the best 43 inch smart TVs, then your TV should be around 6.5 feet away or almost 2 meters for the best experience.
|TV Size||Viewing Distance|
|32″||~5.0 feet / 1.5 m|
|40″||~5.5 feet / 1.6 m|
|43″||~6.5 feet / 1.9 m|
|50″||~7.0 feet / 2.3 m|
|55″||~8.0 feet / 2.4 m|
|60″||~8.5 feet / 2.5 m|
|65″||~9.0 feet / 2.7 m|
|70″||~9.5 feet / 2.9 m|
|75″||~12.0 feet / 3.6 m|
What Do Small TVs Cost in 2021?
No matter the time of year you should be able to find yourself small TVs at a reasonably small cost. There are not many high-end models that are sized at 43 inches. So finding a deal should be very easy.
There are three different things to note when looking at this graph. The three colors.
- Yellow is for a TV that is often too cheap to be true. You’ll often be lacking features or better performing basics that a normally priced TV would have.
- Green is for TVs that are often reasonably priced for the features they offer. You’re likely to get a deal when you find a TV size within the green prices.
- Red is for TVs that are often overpriced. They do not offer a considerable amount of advantages for the features they often charge for. This is also when often times you are charged a price premium for a brand’s name. Such as Sony or Samsung.
Remember though that when looking at larger TVs for sale it is easy to see that there is lots of competition, but also that there is a large margin of high and low prices. The same cannot be said for smaller TVs. They do not offer a large variety of features and the cost of manufacturing is much lower.
This means that there is less competition in terms of feature diversity and high-end costs. You’ll simply just be saving money on smaller TVs. So expect that when you’re looking for TV under 50 inches that it is likely to be a mid-range TV.
What Does 43 Inch Smart TV Offer?
In short 43 inches offers the same in terms of functionality and features that many high-end TVs would offer, but sadly this size of TV does not offer the same level of immersion.
This explains why the correct viewing distance is so important to help combat the level of immersion that is not regularly offered by small TVs.
The Best 43 Inch Smart TVs
Without further ado, I’ll now list the best 43 inch TVs. Sadly this size of the TV is often overlooked by many TV manufacturers, but that didn’t stop me from finding some great TVs.
1. SONY X800D (XBR43X800D)
This was a no-brainer. Sony tends to release strong TVs across all types of TVs and the X800D is no exception. The XBR43X800D version comes in at 43 inches and offers a great amount of versatility in terms of both picture value and motion handling. The smart features are basic but run well, and the inputs are good enough to connect many devices. Great stuff here from Sony.
2. SAMSUNG MU6300 (UN43MU6300)
If you are not interested in a Sony TV, then the Samsung MU6300 would be the next best option. It offers a great number of high-end features as this model extends into larger sizes such as 65 inches. The motion handling needs work but is outperformed by its contrast ratio and very low input lag. You’re also likely to find this for a competing cost. So shopping around would be a bad thing.
Watch the following review for more info:
3. TCL S405 (43S405)
The biggest flaw in the Sony X800D is often its price. This is where the S405 comes into play. It offers similar functionality at often times close to half the price. Also, note that the smart features are much better since they are powered by the Roku operating system. If you’re trying to save some cash this is most certainly the best option.
4. Samsung UN40J5200
If you’re looking for a best 43 inch smart TV, finding one better than the Samsung UN40J5200 would be hard. This model is packed with everything you need right out of the box to start streaming your favorite shows, movies and music. You can download apps like Hulu, Prime Video, and Netflix right onto the TV for quick and easy access when you connect it to your home Wi-Fi. You can also connect your compatible Galaxy smartphone to share photos and videos with friends and family for easier screen mirroring.
Dolby DTS Premium Sound 5.1 audio technology is used by the dual 10 Watt speakers to create a virtual surround sound listening experience for more immersive music and film sounds. With up to 12 different compatible devices, the included Anynet+ remote control can be used, eliminating the need to fumble with multiple remote controls to run your home theatre. The full-array LED screen is equipped with Eco Sensor technology which automatically detects the ambient light in the room and adjusts the brightness of the TVs so that you get the best possible picture in both bright and dark rooms.
5. VIZIO E400i-B2
For nearly 20 years Vizio has been a trusted name in television and their E400i-B2 model is the best 43 inch smart TV model in their collection. This TV features a full range backlit LED screen providing a full 1080p HD resolution for a crisp, clean image. Motion is smoothed out with a refresh rate of 60Hz so you never miss a detail when watching sports or your favorite shows and movies, even when the action gets intense.
The panel also includes five different active dimming zones that build a contrast ratio of two million to one for deep black colors and brighter whites, making specifics really show. The built-in tuner helps you to stream over-air channels without the need for a cable or satellite box so you can catch local broadcasts. When you connect this TV to your home Wi-Fi network, you gain instant access to apps like Netflix, Hulu, and Pandora to stream thousands of shows, movies, and songs without any additional devices connecting.
6. Vizio M437-G0
The best 43 inch smart TV we’ve reviewed so far is the 2019 M437-G0 Quantum Vizio M7 Series. It is a great television which is suitable for almost every type of content. It uses a VA panel with an exceptional contrast ratio and impressive black uniformity, resulting in deep blacks when viewed in the dark. Its peak brightness can overcome glare in bright rooms but not quite high enough to deliver specular highlights in HDR content. It also has great handling of reflections and its color accuracy is truly impressive out of the box.
Response time is great on this TV. Fast-moving scenes look crisp, and an optional black frame insertion feature is available to help further reduce the motion blur appearance. If you are looking for a game on this TV, you should know that its input lag is exceptionally low, but the panel is limited to 60Hz and it does not support any technology of variable refresh rate.
Unfortunately, the viewing angles are sub-par as with most VA panels, making it less suitable for large rooms with wide seating arrangements. If you want to use it as a large screen, this TV can display chroma 4:4:4 properly and its SmartCast interface is easy to use, though it can sometimes be rather laggy.
7. LG 43UM7300PUA
If wide view angles are essential to you and you find that the 2019 Vizio M7 Series Quantum is not performing well in this regard, then check out the LG 43UM7300PUA. You won’t get the same blacks as the Samsung in a dark room, but the IPS panel ensures that the image remains accurate for wide viewing angles, so you can move around while watching TV.
Overall, LG provides decent image quality and is better suited to an average bright room. It runs a smart interface for the LG WebOS. It’s a smooth and easy-to-use smart TV platform with access to the content store of LG offering a wide selection of applications.
8. TCL 43S525
The TCL 5 Series 43S525 is the best 43 inch smart TV we’ve reviewed. Because of its lack of features such as local dimming, the image quality of this TV isn’t quite as good as our top pick, but it uses Roku TV for its smart features, one of the most fluid and easy-to-use interfaces available. It does a decent job in reflection management and has a very good response time, making it decent for watching sports.
Thanks to its very low input lag it is a good TV for gaming, and if you want to use it as a PC monitor it also supports 4:4:4 chrome. Unfortunately, it can not get quite bright enough to pop up HDR content, though it has a nice wide color gamut and support for Dolby Vision. Luckily it has a superb native contrast ratio and it still delivers very deep and uniform blacks despite not having local dimming.
Overall, this Television does not deliver the biggest quality of the picture, and if you want something with a very easy-to-use and fluid smart functionality, this is a great choice that can be found at a very low price. It’s worth noting that the 50 “and 55” versions are only marginally more expensive, and offer even better value if you’re not limited by space.
The suggestions above are what we think are actually the best 43 inch TVs to buy for most people in each price range. We factor in the reviews from our guests, and availability (no TVs that are difficult to find or completely out of stock everywhere).
When you want to do the job of choosing yourself, here is the list of all our TV reviews that have a scale of 43 inches. Be careful not to get too lost in the specifics. Although no television is perfect, most televisions are decent enough to satisfy almost everyone, and the variations are sometimes not apparent unless you look for them really.
Before you go, take a look at these products:
- Voice remote with Alexa: Use your voice to watch live TV, launch apps, search for titles, play music, switch inputs, control smart home devices,...
- Endless Entertainment: Watch over 500,000 streaming movies and TV episodes with access to tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills.
- Access your favorite content: Fire TV seamlessly integrates live over-the-air TV and streaming channels on a unified home screen.
- Watch high dynamic range (HDR) content on your TV: With an HDR-compatible 4K TV, you can enjoy HDR movies and TV shows, in addition to all your...
- Item arrives in packaging that reveals what’s inside and can’t be hidden.
- Fire TV brings together live-over-the air TV and your streaming content on the home screen. Connect any HD antenna (sold separately) to watch...
- Experience breathtaking 4K Ultra HD picture quality with over 8 million pixels for stunning clarity, deep contrast and vivid colors. Watch movies...
- Everything you’d expect from a remote – plus launch apps, search for TV shows, switch inputs, control smart home devices and more, using just...
- This TV is smart and simple in every way. Just plug it in, connect to Wi-Fi and enjoy. Plus, your TV keeps getting smarter with new Alexa skills...
- Item arrives in packaging that reveals what’s inside and can’t be hidden.
- Real 4K IPS Display
- webOS + LG Channel
- Active HDR (HDR10, HLG)
- Apple Airplay2 | Homekit
- "Works With" Google Assistant and Other Smart Home Devices
- Samsung 43" Class Q60T QLED 4K UHD HDR Smart TV 2020
- Direct Full Array 4X
- IN THE BOX: QLED Standard Smart Remote - Remote Control Batteries - Power Cable
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Samsung 43" Class Q60T QLED 4K UHD HDR Smart TV 2020
- 1 Year Extended Protection Plan in ADDITION to the Included FULL Manufacturer WARRANTY
- 4K HDR PROCESSOR X1: See premium 4K pictures, rich with real-world detail and texture. Upscale everything you watch to near-4K with 4K X-Reality...
- TRILUMINOS Display: See exactly what the creator intended with advanced color and gradation
- GAME MODE: Take your PlayStation experience to the next level with a Sony 4K gaming TV featuring dedicated Game Mode for a smoother, more...
- SMART ANDROID TV with GOOGLE ASSISTANT: Use your voice to control your TV and smart home devices, easily search for movies and shows, get...
- WORKS WITH ALEXA: Stream smart camera feeds with your voice. Through an Alexa enabled device, just ask Alexa to play music, launch video apps,...